You are here

[NEWS] Post Launch Update #1

Pages

shane's picture
Community Manager
Stainless
[NEWS] Post Launch Update #1
#1 Submitted: Wed, 26/08/2015 - 09:00

It’s been a while since launch, and in the weeks since then the team has been working flat out to improve the game’s performance and deal with the issues reported by our community. The update goes LIVE on Steam TODAY and I’ve got a heads-up for you of what it’s got to offer.

Read the rest of this news here and comment below

Edited by: shane on 26/10/2015 - 18:41
Xan's picture
Xan
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 26/08/2015 - 11:11

Well.. Good.

Might be a bit late (you got blasted in reviews for performance problems), but good.

We the players/backers, and the game, deserves this specific kind of attention.

arjan_jonker's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 26/08/2015 - 11:24

Xan wrote:
Well.. Good.

Might be a bit late (you got blasted in reviews for performance problems), but good.

We the players/backers, and the game, deserves this specific kind of attention.

Sheesh. They are working their asses off and this is the most praise you can give them? Come on! They have always cared about the community and the game. Sure, a bit more communication would be nice, but that's exactly what they are doing right now.

@Stainless: great work. Thank you and good luck in the weeks and months to come! I will always be here. :)

I'm a freelance copywriter. Please run me over. :P

AlexTSK's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Wed, 26/08/2015 - 11:32

According to the steam news page on the update:

-Wheelspin is now only available when the car is travelling below 5mph

Why was this implemented? :/

Sa1cor's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Twitch ChampCompetition Winner
Submitted: Wed, 26/08/2015 - 11:39

I just tried the update. I love you all.

nobby's picture
Stainless
Stainless
Submitted: Wed, 26/08/2015 - 11:44

Hey Sa1cor - great to hear it, we love you too... :)

We'll have MP lobbies up at 2.40 pm (BST) this afternoon, and again at 5.30 pm (after we've played a bit of SP on the Stream).

I was in the war.

Rigor's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 26/08/2015 - 11:45

Fucking cool, I will try the update later, i'm at work :-(

Deadhart's picture
Piledriver
Submitted: Wed, 26/08/2015 - 11:50

As the great prophet hath foretold: Here cometh the update messiah, bringing a gift from the gods. And we lift our hands to the sky, welcoming the Sharp Metallic S-shaped moon, and chant words of praise. And lo, the gift from the Stainless gods is havenly, and we hopeth that the bitching of infidels will be at last extinguished, and that they finally ought to remove their craniums from the safe haven of their rectums.

Anyways, to sum it up: You fuckin' rock Stainless!

lemonrev's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 26/08/2015 - 11:52

God Dang it, Lost hard drive i have a backed up copy thanks for dvd's so i have to reinstall now after completing game :P. Oh and update will take rest of night to get lol, What a laugh :),

Great news on update and i hear its already got some good news from people that where getting less stellar performance so Just watching steam and comments I am crossing fingers for you guys :)

Sa1cor's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Twitch ChampCompetition Winner
Submitted: Wed, 26/08/2015 - 12:01

For those at work or with slower internet connections, this is what I've gathered so far:

• The game runs A LOT better. It's fucking crazy!
  • The game looks better. Has a more Carmageddon-like look to it. I think they added a slight fog/mist effect. Lighting also seems to look way better.
  • THEY CHANGED THE REPULSIFICATORS LADIES AND GERMS! I believe they no longer have the damage magnifier, but repulse a bit farther away, just like I suggested! ^^ (I might be just imagining this, but I tried multiple times and it sure seemed that way, need confirmation :P)
  • Damaged car textures are pretteh, really pretteh!
  • Wheelspin definitely works at >5mph. Not sure what changed yet.
  • Damage feels way more natural and satisfying. No more either hit and take half of his car with you or leave him intact situations.
  • Damage from anvils is nerfed it would seem.

I'll probably update this more after a while.

Edited by: Sa1cor on Wed, 26/08/2015 - 12:29
KevinKC's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Wed, 26/08/2015 - 12:11

Aaaaaah f***k f***k s***t update update !!!
I really hope you're right Sa1cor about the game running a lot better. The game is great I'm tired of hearing people complain about optimization !!! I hope everything goes alright for you stainless and your efforts are rewarded ! Thank you.
And if there's a new opponent in this update... I don't know. Hurrey ! (ah yeah, I didn't read shane's list of what was to expect from it)
"damage feels way more satifiying" ah sa1cor !!! I can't wait to play this !

Edited by: KevinKC on Wed, 26/08/2015 - 12:18

Pages

randomness