You are here

Car Setup Tutorials For Trents Maxscript Tools.

Pages

phlooo's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Tue, 23/02/2016 - 18:10

FatCat wrote:
Sorry to interrupt this thread but something caught my eye a little.

IS THAT A 1970s CHEVY SS?!?!!!

hahaha

YES it is a Chevy SS!
I'm porting it from a GTA V addon car (not by me). Well, I'm trying.

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Tue, 23/02/2016 - 18:15

make sure you credit the original author. ;)

phlooo's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Tue, 23/02/2016 - 18:16

Of course! I'm just trying to get used to how things work with Carma for now :)

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 23/02/2016 - 18:19

Quote:
Edit: It WORKS. After a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery long loading screen, the race started and the car works like a charm. After checking the log, I saw that the game listed every colored vertex that didn't have any Weld, hence the very long loading screen.

So my last problem now is this vertex colors thing. Is the correct method really this one :

- setting the object as Editable Mesh
- selecting Vertex selection
- clicking one vertex
- Clicking on the color rectangle inside "Edit Vertices colors"
- Putting the wanted color, and OK

?

By doing that all the vertices get the choosen color

Congrats on getting it working :) Yes that is the process for setting the vertex colours.

Afterwards, if you want to verify the amount of vertices that have that colour, then input the colour into the 'Select Vertices By' box, and press select. The 'Selection' box will then indicate how many vertices match that colour.

Nothing else for me to say on top of what FatCat has just said, other than nice choice of muscle :)

One man... Alone... Wrecking opponents in the Automobile he loves
Twitter Manifestation, Mods for Max Damage

phlooo's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Tue, 23/02/2016 - 18:33

Well this is wierd, it changes all the vertices at once, I don't understand... I'm gonna try some more.

Edit: Ok it appears that putting it to Editable Poly, selecting the vertex, assigning the color, then putting it back to Editable Mesh solves the problem. I don't know why.

Anyway, thank you very much for your support!

I'll keep you guys updated if I manage to finish the car :)

Edited by: phlooo on Tue, 23/02/2016 - 18:57
Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 23/02/2016 - 19:04

No worries. Good luck with the project :)

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Tue, 23/02/2016 - 20:36

phlooo wrote:
It depends actually. I got this error multiple times :

--Runtime error: Map support not enabled for specified map channel: 2

but after reapplying a material to the 4 wheels (the ones created by the script), it exports fine without any error...

I'm late to the party, but that error means a mesh is missing a vertex colour channel. You should make sure that any vertices which aren't used for welds or the driver box (green, red, blue or purple as the common colours for those) should be set black with the alpha set to 1.0. I'll try to fix the next version to automatically apply a vertex colour channel on export.

Another common reason why export fails is due to the texture vertices and normals not matching up to the geometry vertices, which often happens when you detach a piece of a mesh, but adding a UVW Unwrap modifier fixes that. I'll also try to find a way of getting this fixed for the next version too.

Deadhart's picture
Piledriver
Submitted: Tue, 23/02/2016 - 23:04

Oh yessss...

1970 Chevelle

*fapfapfapfapfap*

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 24/02/2016 - 09:32

Quote:
Quote:
It depends actually. I got this error multiple times :

--Runtime error: Map support not enabled for specified map channel: 2

but after reapplying a material to the 4 wheels (the ones created by the script), it exports fine without any error...

I'm late to the party, but that error means a mesh is missing a vertex colour channel. You should make sure that any vertices which aren't used for welds or the driver box (green, red, blue or purple as the common colours for those) should be set black with the alpha set to 1.0. I'll try to fix the next version to automatically apply a vertex colour channel on export.

Another common reason why export fails is due to the texture vertices and normals not matching up to the geometry vertices, which often happens when you detach a piece of a mesh, but adding a UVW Unwrap modifier fixes that. I'll also try to find a way of getting this fixed for the next version too.

Thanks for that clarification Trent. I will update the troubleshooting section with that extra info.

starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Thu, 03/03/2016 - 23:21

Deadhart wrote:
Oh yessss...

1970 Chevelle

*fapfapfapfapfap*

Golf Fap or regular Fap ? :)

Why is it that when you are a child at the dinner table you can get punished asking for someone to please pass you the fork and knife ?

Pages

randomness