You are here

Car Setup Tutorials For Trents Maxscript Tools.

Pages

LuckyMike's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Thu, 01/12/2016 - 09:36

starbuck wrote:
Nice looking car Lucky Mike. Did you make it yourself or is it just the usual :P

Thanks. For me is more then just nice looking car.
I'm still learning "max how to". 8-)

Edited by: LuckyMike on Thu, 01/12/2016 - 09:39
Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 01/12/2016 - 22:11

Quote:
not working now ^-(

Spoiler:
module(...)
camera_distance = 32
cop = false
tier = -1
progress = 2
shipped = true
--leaderboard_id = 11
override_vehicle_name = "Interceptor"
override_driver_name = "Max"
override_bio = "Max Rockatansky is a Main Force Patrol officer fighting for peace on the roads"

If the text is not showing up, then something must be wrong with your vehicle_setup.lol. This has worked fine for me on every vehicle.

You should remove the 'leaderboard_id' line altogether, as it does not apply to any custom vehicles. I suspect that the '--' prior to the 'leaderboard_id' may be the issue, resulting in the game ignoring the rest of the vehicle_setup.lol. The script_log should contain confirmation of that.

Try this instead:

module(...)
camera_distance = 32
cop = false
tier = -1
progress = 0
shipped = true
override_driver_name = "Max"
override_bio = "Max Rockatansky is a Main Force Patrol officer fighting for peace on the roads"
Edited by: Mad Mike on Thu, 01/12/2016 - 22:11

One man... Alone... Wrecking opponents in the Automobile he loves
Twitter Manifestation, Mods for Max Damage

starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Fri, 02/12/2016 - 06:06

LuckyMike wrote:
starbuck wrote:
Nice looking car Lucky Mike. Did you make it yourself or is it just the usual :P

Thanks. For me is more then just nice looking car.
I'm still learning "max how to". 8-)

Looks a LOT better than your other "imports". Its nice to have a creation you can be proud of.

Too bad for me modeling in max isnt one of my strengths.

Cant wait to see it ready in the game. Thanks for working towards adding more regular mods.

Why is it that when you are a child at the dinner table you can get punished asking for someone to please pass you the fork and knife ?

LuckyMike's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Fri, 02/12/2016 - 08:37

Mad Mike
Thanks. But is not working again. Maybe is a problem in other files.

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 02/12/2016 - 20:55

Quote:
Thanks. But is not working again. Maybe is a problem in other files.

'Not working again'? So was it working at some point?

Have you checked the Script_log.txt for anything regarding malformed commands or invalid data in the vehicle_setup.lol?

Alternatively, below is a modified version of a vehicle_setup.lol taken from one of my vehicles. The absence of a car class declaration or Hud damage levels shouldn't have caused any issues, but that is the only remaining difference between what I have previously suggested, and what I use.

Make sure everything else in the vehicle_setup.lol has been removed prior to adding this.

module(...)
camera_distance = 32
cop = false
tier = -1
progress = 0
shipped = true
class_rounded = false
class_speedy = false
class_smashy = false
hud_damage_levels = {
}
override_driver_name = "Mad Max"
override_bio = "Max Rockatansky is a Main Force Patrol officer fighting for peace on the roads."

If that still doesn't work, then I don't know what the problem is. Both the above, and what I have previously posted work for me.

To narrow things down, it would be worth checking if the game is loading the Vehicle_Setup.lol at all. Check the camera distance for your vehicle in the pause menu, and see if it has been set to 32 (or whatever your value of choice is). If the camera distance in the pause menu has not been set to 32, then the game is not loading the vehicle_setup.lol at all, suggesting that your vehicle_Setup.lol is either incorrectly named, in the wrong folder, missing completely, or is screwed up in some other way. If the camera distance has been set to 32, then the game is at least partially loading the vehicle_setup.lol, but something else within it must be malformed/broken.

As far as I know - none of the other paperwork files should influence this at all.

LuckyMike's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Sat, 03/12/2016 - 05:51

I test this on other car and its working. I think the problem is in some of Interceptor files.

Heh. Then i just copy this .lol file in interceptor.zip and now its woking too. Broken zip or incorrect character encoding, i dont know... some kind of magic. 8)

Edited by: LuckyMike on Sat, 03/12/2016 - 06:12
Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 03/12/2016 - 14:59

Excellent, at least it's works now. :)

Sleep Dirt's picture
Norman E. Carnage
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Mon, 17/04/2017 - 21:05

Nice one for putting up this tutorial Mike, been getting me head round this past few days and just got the basics of 3ds Max sort of worked out (Farcry from C2's CarED), n got my first reference images in place ready to hit it!

The Ocean Is the Ultimate Solution.

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 18/04/2017 - 13:03

No worries, I do need to make a few minor updates to this. Mainly updating the section on Minge to the newest version, plus updating materials, available drivers/engine sounds/skid PFX/exhaust PFX, etc, plus adding a section for the CMD specific extras. I've just got to find the time for it.

Doctor Fraggington's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Tue, 01/08/2017 - 19:48

Image links are broken. "Please Update Your Account to Enable 3rd Party Hosting"

Pages

randomness