Primary Levels of guide are now content complete. Some additional resources are still under Construction. Syntax or formatting errors may still present.
Big Thanks to Trent & Errol for their hard work in getting Modding for Reincarnation going.
This guide consists of three levels:
- Level 1 will contain the basics on how to set up a simple car that will work reasonably well in-game. Basic UI assets will be included CONTENT COMPLETE
- Level 2 will cover how to set up more advanced features; detachable & Jointed parts, breakable parts (Windows/lights), Lights, advanced UI Assets CONTENT COMPLETE
- Level 3 will cover how to set up full mechanical & animated parts in all three supported suspension types to match the official CR Cars - CONTENT COMPLETE
- Wheel Setup
- Step by Step of how to set up wheels. Includes 'Required Assets' & notes on deflated tire models CONTENT COMPLETE
Additional Resources (Not specific to Maxscript):
- Recommended Materials
- Overview of recommended materials for vehicles. Summary of required files & variables CONTENT COMPLETE
- 'Setup.LOL' & 'Vehicle_Setup.CFG' parameters
- Overview of values for setting up car performance (Setup.LOL) & external assets (Vehicle_Setup.CFG) CONTENT COMPLETE UP TO Carmageddon Reincarnation Version 1.1.740
- Troubleshooting & Tips for testing vehicles
- A selection of minor tips for testing vehicles UNDER CONSTRUCTION