You are here

OK I made a map (sort of) imported easily from C2 (for a start)

Pages

starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Sun, 12/07/2015 - 20:47

OK Errol here goes.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=61687951159354793746

There are two files in there. The ZAD of the file using Winzip and naming it to ZAD.

The RAR file is the original Carma1 map with TIFs.

You can run it in CR and see there are no textures.

I followed the steps you put above and used the "process materials" button. I did nothing else different at all then what you said above and I did it twice to make sure.

So please what am I missing.

Trent BTW I think I know why you saw some things of the Annihilator in there. I think it was because when a used Minge to ZAD up the directories for the map I had the Annihilator in my Minge list under cars and checked marked. dont know exactly if that helps. One time I ZADded up files and had more than I started with.

Edited by: starbuck on Sun, 12/07/2015 - 22:43

Why is it that when you are a child at the dinner table you can get punished asking for someone to please pass you the fork and knife ?

starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Sun, 12/07/2015 - 23:55

Thanks for the new version Errol . If that issue repeats itself or doesnt repeat itself I will let you know here.

Unless of course its something I am doing :)

I did get an error on that AcidReign file when saving the environment file on the new program.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NotImplementedException: Gah
at Flummery.Stripper.Adjacency.CreateDatabase()
at Flummery.ContentPipeline.Stainless.MDLExporter.Export(Asset asset, String path)
at Flummery.frmSaveAsEnvironment.btnOK_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
etc

I will try again after dinner.

Edited by: starbuck on Mon, 13/07/2015 - 00:01

Why is it that when you are a child at the dinner table you can get punished asking for someone to please pass you the fork and knife ?

Errol's picture
Piledriver
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModerator
Submitted: Mon, 13/07/2015 - 00:33

You'll have to hold off until the next version. The tristrip code doesn't support "non-manifold" meshes, that is a mesh wherein a single edge is shared by more than two triangles. I'll have to put some code together to detect and deal with this before you'll be able to save.

Also, your handcrafted zad looks ok but the reason you're not getting any textures ingame is that CarMODgeddon has a bug in which it doesn't support TDX files. This is why I've done all the work on the IMG format for Trent so he could bundle an auto TDX > IMG conversion in Minge. Unfortunately you're running foul of a bug in Minge too.

Looks like you're stuck for the time being through no fault of your own.

:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
Making C:R mods happen since '14!

starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Mon, 13/07/2015 - 00:48

"Also, your handcrafted zad looks ok but the reason you're not getting any textures ingame is that CarMODgeddon has a bug in which it doesn't support TDX files. This is why I've done all the work on the IMG format for Trent so he could bundle an auto TDX > IMG conversion in Minge. Unfortunately you're running foul of a bug in Minge too."

Oh. I assumed they patched that hence the mods that have been showing up.

Well so now what I have left to worry about is why Carma2 GOG and STEAM doesnt run. At least for that I still have the old CD and an old patch.

Thanks for letting me know. And thanks for reading. Still great job on all you do, been glad you stepped into the picture 10 years ago.

Errol's picture
Piledriver
Submitted: Mon, 13/07/2015 - 06:23

starbuck wrote:
been glad you stepped into the picture 10 years ago.

Only 10 years?! December 6th, '98 is when I took my first step into the world of Carmageddon modding. It'll be 17 years this December!

:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::

starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Mon, 13/07/2015 - 07:31

Errol wrote:
starbuck wrote:
been glad you stepped into the picture 10 years ago.

Only 10 years?! December 6th, '98 is when I took my first step into the world of Carmageddon modding. It'll be 17 years this December!

Oh my god. Has it been that long ? I assumed 10 years was an over exaggeration. I was WAY off.!

I started playing C1 since it came out and cant remember who the first modder was. I even remember first editing the images for the game. Then I remember getting super excited when someone made the Oscar Mayer mobile for Carma2.

I used to buy modding books by the ton. Even remember first modding real games like Doom etc. I think the first modding program I tried was call Q Radiant or something.

Too bad my real history isnt recorded right on this forum. I still had the same email address and this username when the forum "reopened" as when I first came here. All I had to do was have the system reset my password. I probably showed up here within 6 months after you.

And there was something called the CWA forum ? You , cesm, coffeecup.

Edited by: starbuck on Mon, 13/07/2015 - 07:46

Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 13/07/2015 - 08:43

starbuck wrote:
And there was something called the CWA forum ? You , cesm, coffeecup.

:|

http://www.cwaboard.co.uk

... and carmageddon add-ons at road reaction.

starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Tue, 14/07/2015 - 05:16

Dont take it personally Toshiba :) Alzheimers :)

So Errol the IMG conversion now doesnt work either ? Cause I have a program that make IMG files, in batches, but that doesnt seem to work to make CR style IMG files.

So we are waiting on Trent to release a proper IMG conversion ? I am assuming cause my program "Paintshop Pro" cant read HIS IMG format files in that map sample he sent me.

Edited by: starbuck on Tue, 14/07/2015 - 05:26

Errol's picture
Piledriver
Submitted: Tue, 14/07/2015 - 06:00

Stainless IMG files are a completely different format unfortunately. They're also quite complex, covering multiple different pixelformats and compression methods.

I've been reverse-engineering the format for Trent and he has been using my code in MINGE to automate the conversion from TDX to IMG.
Since the initial MINGE release we discovered that C:R doesn't like IMG files compressed with RLE compression where the compressed size is under 50% (as I said, the format is complex) so I've been extending the code to support Huffman compression too. This new code will be added to MINGE upon his return from holiday.

I've been adding a "ZADfor CarMODgeddon" option into Flummery when saving cars or levels which also converts textures to IMG. You can use this for your C2 to C:R conversions as it'll be available at the same time as the fix to the Stripper code.

starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Tue, 14/07/2015 - 08:57

Errol wrote:
Stainless IMG files are a completely different format unfortunately. They're also quite complex, covering multiple different pixelformats and compression methods.

I've been reverse-engineering the format for Trent and he has been using my code in MINGE to automate the conversion from TDX to IMG.
Since the initial MINGE release we discovered that C:R doesn't like IMG files compressed with RLE compression where the compressed size is under 50% (as I said, the format is complex) so I've been extending the code to support Huffman compression too. This new code will be added to MINGE upon his return from holiday.

I've been adding a "ZADfor CarMODgeddon" option into Flummery when saving cars or levels which also converts textures to IMG. You can use this for your C2 to C:R conversions as it'll be available at the same time as the fix to the Stripper code.

Return from Holiday !!! Damn ! :)

Wait. Wait. Wait. Check my calendar. Wait. :)

Pages

randomness