You are here

[Tool] Minge: The CarMODgeddon Mod Installer

Pages

vampsinthe78's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 10/07/2015 - 13:28

@Trent I've taken a look at your great Minge and I'm running into a problem. Once I've picked the installation directory it opens fine, but whenever I pick a zad (one of Fatcat's awesome vehicles) it doesn't seem to do anything at all. Tried both drag and drop and the Import Mod dialogue. I thought it might be an issue with the downloaded mod, but they work when I drop them into the zad folder manually! Does Minge need admin rights or short directory paths?

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Fri, 10/07/2015 - 13:54

Hmm yeah I think it may need to be run as admin if your steam directory is in Progam Files, I hadn't actually thought about that.

I've got an update in the works to improve the import process and fix the img conversion bug Mike mentioned, so I will look into making it automatically request admin privelages on launch to avoid this potential pitfall.

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Sun, 12/07/2015 - 14:11

Just a quick update:

• I've fixed a bug Starbuck encountered when packing mods where it would mangle file names which had spaces or anything other than alphanumeric characters and underscores.
  • Errol is working on Huffman encoding for the IMG files which should fix the bug Mike and Alex both encountered with it creating duff IMG files when it could compress less than 50% of the image's pixels, which should be done by the time I'm ready release this update.
  • You can now right click on a mod and delete it from Minge, I'll be adding support for multiple selection too.
  • I've redone the import procedure so you can clearly see the import progress, I'll also be adding an option to move the files rather than copying them in case you want to conserve file space, I will pretty up the list of mods so you can more easily see what mods you're installing and I will have it display an optional log of what was installed and what wasn't, in the case where you try to install a Legacy Style ZAD instead of a CarMODgeddon ZAD or if you try to install something which isn't even a ZAD :)

AlexTSK's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Sun, 12/07/2015 - 14:24

I see great stuff in the works! Nice one Trent :)

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 12/07/2015 - 14:32

This is excellent news. Thanks Trent :)

One man... Alone... Wrecking opponents in the Automobile he loves
Twitter Manifestation, Mods for Max Damage

starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Sun, 12/07/2015 - 22:57

Cool you got that "space" thing solved. Glad it wasnt a windows 10 issue.

good work.

Why is it that when you are a child at the dinner table you can get punished asking for someone to please pass you the fork and knife ?

Darkhuskey's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Wed, 29/07/2015 - 21:36

I'm running into the same issue as vampsinthe78 and running as admin doesn't seem to have any effect at all.

Edited by: Darkhuskey on Wed, 29/07/2015 - 22:19
Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Thu, 30/07/2015 - 09:57

Darkhuskey wrote:
I'm running into the same issue as vampsinthe78 and running as admin doesn't seem to have any effect at all.

It turns out Vampsinthe78's problem was he was trying to install an old style mod, not a CarMODgeddon mod. If you open up the ZAD in your favourite ZIP software and see Data_Core then the mod is not compatible with CarMODgeddon.

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Thu, 30/07/2015 - 15:40

Just released Minge v2.0, here is the changelog:

New mod install process
	- List of mods to install
	- Improved Drag & Drop support
	- Progress bar
	- Choose whether the ZAD is copied to the CarMODgeddon folder or moved there
	- Log shows after mods are installed so you can see if you tried to install something which isn't a CarMODgeddon mod
Mod Packager should detect the type of mod better
Version numbers now support decimals
Huffman compression for IMG files
Ability to delete mods

Minge should automatically tell you the update is available and offer to download it. Otherwise grab it from here: http://trent.incarnated.co.uk/downloads/tools/Minge.rar

Edited by: Trent on Thu, 30/07/2015 - 15:41

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 30/07/2015 - 19:09

Awesome new Trent. Huffman compression seems to be doing the trick :)

One man... Alone... Wrecking opponents in the Automobile he loves
Twitter Manifestation, Mods for Max Damage

Pages