Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Mon, 26/02/2018 - 16:42

Can i record a Gameplay of The Mod??

Stainless

ThunderGamerIT's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Mon, 26/02/2018 - 20:09

Trent wrote:
The sky in most of the races is fucked. It's a known issue.

Fr0nt wrote:
does anybody actually know wtf was wrong to start with?

Nope, no one does.

trent but what do you use to create cars? I give you an example with the mod of carmageddon 1 I'm interested in cars, what did you use? Just to know why I would do it too

Stainless

ThunderGamerIT's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Mon, 26/02/2018 - 20:53

Can also maybe in another version mod to add Pratcam Max Damage in Carmageddon Max Damage? It should be nice after add Pratcam with max damage. Maybe Think TRENT and answer my question of 21:09 Time

Stainless

AlexTSK's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Tue, 27/02/2018 - 08:02

You can't mod in the prat cam.

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Tue, 27/02/2018 - 09:17

I guess technically we could code a pratcam, it would be an awful lot of work and may not really be any good. The pratcam would be an animated image (we possibly would need to be able to create BIN animations, which are apparently compiled from Flash animations) displayed in the HUD which is fairly simple, randomly change idle animations. The speedo hud element shows how to access the car's speed from the HUD so we could hook that to not only change the animation based on the speed but also compare the last speed to the current speed to determine the change in speed to set the animation to play the fast acceleration and hard braking animations. The HUD also hooks into an event for shaking the hud on a hard impact, which could be used to play a hit animation. Obviously it can't be done in CarMODgeddon but it's achievable with a lot of work.

@ThunderGamerit: I use a lot of tools to make cars. For 3d modelling work and general car set up I use 3D Studio Max with the maxscript plugins I wrote for exporting to C:MD's model/light/animation formats and setting up cars, levels, etc. For texture work I use Affinity Photo (though I used to use Photoshop) and then use the custom version of GibbedTools which I edited to add support for C:MD's texture formats. I also use Notepad++ for editing XML, LUA, LOL, CFG and TXT files manually for the paperwork files which I haven't added support for in my tools. I also use a tool I made called CUNT for debugging the CNT files models use for their hierarchy. On occasion I also use HxD to hex edit binary files to check the data is correct. I then use Minge to create CarMODgeddon mods out of the car's files and then package multiple mods up into a MingeBag for distribution. There's a very good and in-depth tutorial which Mad Mike wrote for creating cars in 3D Studio Max pinned to the top of this forum if you want to read it.

ThunderGamerIT's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Tue, 27/02/2018 - 17:46

Trent, i have Fixed Some Bugs to your MINGE 5.21b3 Now is, 5.24b3 Test now MINGE i have fixed Some crashes and sloved Bugs
Here the Link: -snip-
I'm stay uploading a video Gameplay ITA because yes i'm italian a Gameplay using your mod

Mod edit. Link removed.

Edited by: Errol on Tue, 27/02/2018 - 19:18

Stainless

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Wed, 28/02/2018 - 11:39

ThunderGamerIT wrote:
Trent, i have Fixed Some Bugs to your MINGE 5.21b3 Now is, 5.24b3 Test now MINGE i have fixed Some crashes and sloved Bugs
Here the Link: -snip-
I'm stay uploading a video Gameplay ITA because yes i'm italian a Gameplay using your mod

Mod edit. Link removed.

What on earth do you think you did to "fix" it? I say 'think' because that version is identical to the 5.21b2 I gave you. Not a single byte is different, you just added a text file claiming you fixed imaginary crashes and bugs and claimed copyright. That's not how either programming nor copyright works.

Edited by: Trent on Wed, 28/02/2018 - 11:43

CrapShoot's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sat, 25/08/2018 - 16:04

Hi, I'm trying to get this tool to run on Linux (C:MD now runs via Valve's wine compatibility layer called Proton).
It looks like it requires dotnet 4.6 and possibly only runs on a 64 bit installation, is that correct?
If so then it is probably not going to work any time soon.

From a quick glance I think that it isn't necessary that C:MD is actually installed, but that running the tool inside a Windows VM and pointing it to the (shared) C:MD installation directory should also work, is that correct?

(Thanks for you work on this tool and the "Carmageddon 1 mod" btw.)

Pages

randomness