You are here

[Tool] Minge: The CarMODgeddon Mod Installer

Pages

twisted's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 01/07/2015 - 21:50

Thanks Trent, amazing work as always! When importing the zads though they doesn't show up in the window no matter how long I wait. I need to close and restart program to make them appearing...

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Thu, 02/07/2015 - 10:22

Thanks everyone!

@Twisted, @Starbuck: Hmm, that is odd, it should automatically refresh the entire list after it's copied the ZADs to the correct place. I'll look into it.

EDIT: Did you 2 get the "The following X mods were installed:" message pop up?

Edited by: Trent on Thu, 02/07/2015 - 10:38

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 02/07/2015 - 11:12

After a bit of messing around with the 'Mod Installer 'n General Enabler', all I can say is it's awesome.

Only thing, when MINGE converts textures from tdx to IMG, does it not convert the mip-maps across?

One man... Alone... Wrecking opponents in the Automobile he loves
Twitter Manifestation, Mods for Max Damage

twisted's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 02/07/2015 - 11:12

Trent: nope!

Edit: Also, could it be possible to add a delete mod feature when right-clicking? Would be nice.

Edited by: twisted on Thu, 02/07/2015 - 11:19

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Thu, 02/07/2015 - 12:12

Mad Mike wrote:
After a bit of messing around with the 'Mod Installer 'n General Enabler', all I can say is it's awesome.

Only thing, when MINGE converts textures from tdx to IMG, does it not convert the mip-maps across?

Thanks! And yeah, it doesn't use MipMaps. Errol did offer to figure out adding MipMaps to IMG files and add that into his code, but we decided it wasn't worth the time as the IMG conversion is just a place holder until the game gets patched to fix TDX support in CarMODgeddon.

twisted wrote:
Trent: nope!

Edit: Also, could it be possible to add a delete mod feature when right-clicking? Would be nice.

Hmm, in that case it would seem it didn't finish copying everything over, so it wouldn't have refreshed the list. I'll see about adding progress bar and stuff to make it more clear what's going on.

And sure, I'll add in a delete function.

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 02/07/2015 - 15:00

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks! And yeah, it doesn't use MipMaps. Errol did offer to figure out adding MipMaps to IMG files and add that into his code, but we decided it wasn't worth the time as the IMG conversion is just a place holder until the game gets patched to fix TDX support in CarMODgeddon.

Cool. Just wanted to double check. :)

Edit: Strangely Minge doesn't seem to be converting select textures properly. I'm finding on some cars that light textures (sometimes just illuminated light texture and sometimes all) are not being recognised, despite the IMGs being present. So far it has only happened on light textures, everything else is fine.

Edited by: Mad Mike on Thu, 02/07/2015 - 15:00

twisted's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 02/07/2015 - 12:56

Trent wrote:
Hmm, in that case it would seem it didn't finish copying everything over, so it wouldn't have refreshed the list. I'll see about adding progress bar and stuff to make it more clear what's going on.

And sure, I'll add in a delete function.

Thank you Trent, appreciated! Cheers!!

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Thu, 02/07/2015 - 15:46

Mad Mike wrote:
Edit: Strangely Minge doesn't seem to be converting select textures properly. I'm finding on some cars that light textures (sometimes just illuminated light texture and sometimes all) are not being recognised, despite the IMGs being present. So far it has only happened on light textures, everything else is fine.

Very strange. Could you zip up the original folder and the Minge packed ZAD and send it my way so I can have a look?

starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Thu, 02/07/2015 - 16:12

Trent wrote:
Thanks everyone!

@Twisted, @Starbuck: Hmm, that is odd, it should automatically refresh the entire list after it's copied the ZADs to the correct place. I'll look into it.

EDIT: Did you 2 get the "The following X mods were installed:" message pop up?

No. Havent messed with it since . Too busy driving all the cars.

Why is it that when you are a child at the dinner table you can get punished asking for someone to please pass you the fork and knife ?

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 02/07/2015 - 16:21

Quote:
Quote:

Very strange. Could you zip up the original folder and the Minge packed ZAD and send it my way so I can have a look?

On the way. It'll take some time to upload though. Will PM you the link

Pages