You are here

Mac OS X version

Delorean_'s picture
Fluffy Bunny
Mac OS X version
#1 Submitted: Sun, 24/05/2015 - 00:02

Hello,

How soon should we expect to see the game ported to the Mac platform?

Thank you!

Espyo's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModerator
Submitted: Sun, 24/05/2015 - 12:35

No news so far. When they start development, they'll likely post a blog post and Kickstarter update about it.

I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a fangame engine for Pikmin games.

origin2000's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 29/07/2015 - 17:16

Still waiting for Mac version. Pretty disappointed in this whole experience. I'm used to being treated like a second class citizen for release dates on Mac, but it's been a very long time since the kickstarter, and there's not even a mention of mac support in any of the updates posted by Stainless. I'm glad I didn't bet anyone it would be anything but vapourware - I'd have lost.

Lumberjack's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 11/08/2015 - 06:09

I met Nobby at a eurogamer expo over a year ago and was assured that the mac version would be worked on as soon as possible. I explained that was part of the reason I backed the game at a higher pledge level. Lets get an update on this! I don't use Windows nowadays...

Errol's picture
Piledriver
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModerator
Submitted: Tue, 11/08/2015 - 13:52

I'd imagine they'll be wanting to get the pc version working to everyones liking before throwing the mac version into the mix.

:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
Making C:R mods happen since '14!

copmac's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Tue, 11/08/2015 - 16:51

Quote:
I'd imagine they'll be wanting to get the pc version working to everyones liking before throwing the mac version into the mix.

Good luck with that, there will always be someone bitching that is not up to there liking.

KaptainUfolog's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 19/08/2015 - 09:11

Games for Mac OS X use mostly Linux technologies so i suppose Linux+SteamOS and Mac versions will be released simultaneously. I mean: development status of the Linux version affects directly on development status of the Mac version. Thus you can estimate release date considering this fact. I think these versions will be released at february-april 2016.

DerekCurrie's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 09/03/2016 - 00:08

Quote:
Games for Mac OS X use mostly Linux technologies

NO. Mac OS X is certified UNIX, specifically BSD UNIX. Linux is not, but is considered UNIX-like. There is no code relationship between these two operating systems. None.

*impatiently*drumming*fingers* I supported the project via Kickstarter Y E A R S ago. Still waiting for the Mac version.

:-Derek Currie

"I was attracted to a night torchlight parade,
And there I came.
Home is a black leather jacket,
Fitting sweetly to my brain.
Death And Night And Blood!
Death And Night And Blood!"

aforty's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 17/05/2017 - 19:26

This is ridiculous, it has been over 4 years since the kickstarter and I haven't gotten what I was promised. At this point I'd accept even a half-hearted apology but even that seems to be too much for this company.