pegasus's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Final DRM Free non-Steam Version
#1 Submitted: Fri, 22/05/2015 - 15:37

Hi,
here is my simple Question:
So C:R is gone Gold today :-D
is the Steamless Version also in reach next time?

liffie420's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 23/05/2015 - 06:10

I agree I'm also hoping the DRM free version drops soon.

Long time player LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE CARMA TDR sucked balls

shane's picture
Community Manager
Stainless
Submitted: Sun, 24/05/2015 - 11:33

pegasus wrote:
Hi,
here is my simple Question:
So C:R is gone Gold today :-D
is the Steamless Version also in reach next time?

Hi pegasus,

We don't have any information yet on the availability of the DRM-free version of the game. Please keep an eye out for future Kickstarter updates regarding this.

d1don's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 19/07/2015 - 12:06

shane wrote:
We don't have any information yet on the availability of the DRM-free version of the game.

Hi shane,

If nobody at Stainless got any information about it, who else does ? (same apply to GNU/Linux and Apple MacOSX versions, we don't even know if someone is working on it...)

When I backed the game on kickstarter in 2012, shipping date for these versions (linux, mac and drm-free) was late 2013... We all know that the development took some time and the game gone gold for windows only in mai 2015. I perfectly understand the difficulties, but not earing any news about these versions is a bit freaky !

Hope to hear some good news soon. Please, respect your backers...

Cheers.

Dillerkind's picture
Fluffy Bunny
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Sat, 05/09/2015 - 13:30

I'm curious about any new development in this department, too. I preordered the game once it was announced that it would be available for non-Steam users, i.e. drm-free. It's been months since the full release on Steam, yet there's still no sign of the game anywhere outside of this platform. Sooo Stainless, what's going on?!?

AlexTSK's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Sat, 05/09/2015 - 13:49

SG has mentioned a couple of times that once the game is fully patched up it will then be released DRM free. There's no point in releasing a game drm free if its essentially still not quite finished and working correctly, and also I'm guessing that once LAN support is added you can expect the DRM free version some time after that.

Dillerkind's picture
Fluffy Bunny
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Sun, 06/09/2015 - 08:46

I wasn't aware of that. I don't read in this forum a lot. Just checked the threads asking this or similar questions and they all seemed somewhat abandoned. Thanks for the info!