You are here

SLI and CrossFire

Pages

RiOrus's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Fri, 30/10/2015 - 10:48

I tried this a while back, on the previous build, and it did the same thing... didn't operate other card. I haven't experimented yet with update #2 but my average FPS from the brief play I had yesterday was worse than the previous build but still perfectly playable, dropped from 40 to around 30.

That was with all settings maxed out though (which they were previously as well).

I have since updated to Win10 though and my Nvidia control panel settings reset in doing this, so I'll have to go through and have a play around again before I post garbage.

Lord Crisp's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 30/10/2015 - 16:28

Update for earlier post....

running 7970s in CrossFire and this does not work...
It doesn't use the second card after activating it.

I can however force CrossFire on with 2 other options, which is "AFR Friendly" which flickers so much that it's unplayable.
And "Optimize 1x1" which DO use the second card, but still seems to make me LOSE something like 8fps in average :/

I do have a final option of using a profile from a similar game in the same engine, BUT... Stainless build this themselfes, so I'm out of luck there to :(

Edited by: Lord Crisp on Fri, 30/10/2015 - 16:29
RiOrus's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Fri, 30/10/2015 - 21:29

So I wasn't talking garbage.

Set up SLI as per profiles for all other games (which works incidentally). For Carma I'm getting GPU1 sit at 41% usage, the other is at 100%. Correct they are both being used but GPU sits at 40% when simple running the operating system and windows UI.

In this set up i'm getting 35 FPS max pretty much, steady at 30 FPS.

With a single GPU it runs at 25 to 30FPS.

Any thoughts?

Lord Crisp's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 31/10/2015 - 00:22

Heh... at least you're getting an increase in frames :-P ;-)
Mine drops by something like 8-10fps using two cards

Edited by: Lord Crisp on Mon, 02/11/2015 - 13:18
RiOrus's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Thu, 28/01/2016 - 15:47

I'm bumping this thread. any development of multi GPU optimisation or profiles? Cheers.

Pages

randomness