You are here

[NEWS] The FINAL UPDATE

Pages

shane's picture
Community Manager
Stainless
[NEWS] The FINAL UPDATE
#1 Submitted: Tue, 28/04/2015 - 16:49

Hey there Carmafans, we’re delighted to announce that the FINAL UPDATE to the Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Beta is available NOW!

Read the rest of this article here and comment below.

Edited by: shane on 22/05/2015 - 16:52
Sa1cor's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Twitch ChampCompetition Winner
Submitted: Tue, 28/04/2015 - 16:15

OMG. I'm so playing the fuck out of it.

Epitaph's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 28/04/2015 - 16:18

Man, i was waiting for the video to end just to come here and mention how much the video looked like a Terry Gilliam animated sketch!
Then i saw the last few seconds of the video! :D

GREAT VIDEO - CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY THE NEW UPDATE!

Espyo's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModerator
Submitted: Tue, 28/04/2015 - 16:19

Hehe, that was pretty goofy. But it did disappoint me to not even see a bullet point about general optimization. I know it happens, as is confirmed every single week on the stream, but the fact that there isn't a single bullet point...

I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a fangame engine for Pikmin games.

Mad Max RW's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 28/04/2015 - 16:58

Downloading now. Looks like it's a big one. I can't wait to play later tonight!

shovel's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 28/04/2015 - 16:58

With the final update, and the retail "finished" game will all of the acheivments reset?

I'm totally OK with that happening, actually think it would be best if they all reset because after it's been tweaked for final release it's a different game at every level.

What do you guys think?

DOOM3R's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Submitted: Tue, 28/04/2015 - 17:04

I can't believe! You did it! Awesome! Thank you Stainless!!! LET THE KILLING BEGIN!!!!!!! ;)

copmac's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Tue, 28/04/2015 - 17:22

Played like 2 rounds of classic carma.
Was focusing on the bug i reported but are all gone now :-)

Oh and the games runs for the first supper smooth on all settings Best quality without tweaking the nvidia driver for alternative rendering. Dual GPU card.

They really did there best :-) Thanks a million.

one thing i miss, but gone try to mod it my self. If you slice a pet, you get a red round shape at each part. Would like to see guts, spline, bone stuff like that. Lets see if can change the textures of that. More MKX stile when you cut someone in two :D

CryoSID's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Tue, 28/04/2015 - 17:31

Apparently performance "improvement" means less than half the fps you had before. Went from about 32 fps to 12 fps at the start of the first race. Also the detail/distance culling settings are missing and reinstalling did nothing to fix it. Anyone know where these settings are now? I can't find them and now re-increasing fps is impossible because of that.

Edited by: CryoSID on Tue, 28/04/2015 - 17:35
Bonus for artistic impression's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Tue, 28/04/2015 - 17:40

Great update! From what i can see so far (played 10 freeplays) indeed alot of improvements. My overall fps went up by at least 10. I'm now getting 25-35 fps on Bleak City on max settings and a solid 45 fps at lowest.

I do find that the culling sliders should return though, as well as the advanced graphical settings that where there two or three updates ago; I think that could help squizing even more fps out of it.

Good job on this one!

Kejnel's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 28/04/2015 - 17:47

shovel wrote:
With the final update, and the retail "finished" game will all of the acheivments reset?

I'm totally OK with that happening, actually think it would be best if they all reset because after it's been tweaked for final release it's a different game at every level.

What do you guys think?

I, for one, think there should be a full game reset so that everybody has to play it clean from the start tweaked and balanced. I think otherwise it would be unfair.

If you want to report bugs or want to ask for features DO NOT USE FORUM FOR THAT! Instead send it to developers HERE: https://carmageddon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Pages