You are here

[BLOG] Thank You for the Music…

Pages

shane's picture
Community Manager
Stainless
[BLOG] Thank You for the Music…
#1 Submitted: Mon, 20/04/2015 - 15:31

Way back around 2010/11, after the announcement that Stainless had got the IP rights to Carmageddon and were planning a new game in the series, we began to get enthusiastic enquiries from musicians and bands who had happy memories of Carma, and were offering us their music to use.

Read the rest of the blog here and comment below,

Edited by: shane on 18/05/2015 - 18:55
FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Mon, 20/04/2015 - 16:26

I just did a comparison between that soundcloud "MSP - Titanic" song and the actual Song used in C:R's resources.

Why does the ingame version sound so muddy and low quality? Here in this soundcloud version it's so much more powerful and clear.

The ingame version is 3:50 in lenght and 8.77 MB in size, there should be no reason for it to sound so low-quality.

Also, the entire C:R soundtrack tunes are taking up like 250 something megabytes in size, did you really need to duplicate those twice to have the same playlist for both races and menu music? unless there's different tunes for menu or races, it's just wasting space, loads of it.

(also, i'm reaaally nitpicking at this, i love this game, y'all are doing a great job!)

Edited by: FatCat on Mon, 20/04/2015 - 16:44
nobby's picture
Stainless
Stainless
Submitted: Tue, 21/04/2015 - 08:32

Interesting... I'm going to check this, Fatcat. I know that the sound bods who did the sfx for the game have done some "tweaking" of the tracks to allegedly get them to work better as background music in-game, but I'm interested to run the same comparison.

Okay - I checked them out. The file uploaded to Soundcloud was the same MP3 that's in the game data. So... go figure.

The reason the tracks are duplicated is to have separate folders for FE and in-game music, that players could stick their own choice of music in, if they wished.

Edited by: nobby on Tue, 21/04/2015 - 09:23

I was in the war.

YautjaLord's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 21/04/2015 - 08:54

Awesome, real fuckin' awesome article nobster. Like I - probably - said, MSP's (& FF's) tracks are my favs. Morgue - i'll check his soundcloud some time, this week probably, he did ace job, it's just dubstep is not my cup of tea/shot of vodka/glass of beer/etc..... lol And also say to Yok & A.d/ADD that "Refinery" is not shit, on a contrary - i'd add it to the playlist on my Galaxy Core just so that the work will go by better, it's heavy enough for me. Love all their tracks (MSP's) except the only dubstep'y one. lol See ya tomorrow @ Twitch? Hope you won't have any trouble doing Twitch tomorrow, as opposed to last week's. Awesome, real fuckin' awesome article, thanx for read. :) Fuck yeah, keep headbangin'!!!!!!! \m/ \m/ \m/

Edited by: YautjaLord on Tue, 21/04/2015 - 08:55

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Tue, 21/04/2015 - 09:39

nobby wrote:
The reason the tracks are duplicated is to have separate folders for FE and in-game music, that players could stick their own choice of music in, if they wished.

Does this mean in the full version the music will be moved to Data_Misc to allow people to change it instead of being in a ZAD file? As it's currently in a ZAD file it means no one can change it without locking multiplayer.

Yok's picture
Yok
Norman E. Carnage
Submitted: Tue, 21/04/2015 - 10:00

YautjaLord wrote:
And also say to Yok & A.d/ADD that "Refinery" is not shit, on a contrary - i'd add it to the playlist on my Galaxy Core just so that the work will go by better, it's heavy enough for me. /

Yo, to clarify, "shit" is the central theme of the upcoming release, take from that what you will!

Either way, very happy that you like it! Cheers!!

Edited by: Yok on Tue, 21/04/2015 - 10:16
YautjaLord's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 21/04/2015 - 20:15

Yok wrote:
Yo, to clarify, "shit" is the central theme of the upcoming release, take from that what you will!

Either way, very happy that you like it! Cheers!!

My bad, i'll have to read the article once again to remember it in it's entirety. lol "Refinery" reminded me with it's bass Type O Negative in their early "Black no.1" days - heavy enough for any work to pass by real fuckin' painlessly. You guys did real fuckin' awesome soundtrack, keep headbangin'!!!!! \m/ \m/ \m/

Edited by: YautjaLord on Tue, 21/04/2015 - 20:18

skyNET's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Competition Winner
Submitted: Wed, 22/04/2015 - 05:10

Seconded. Huge big spank yous for the music!

Epitaph's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 22/04/2015 - 06:44

That was a nice read! Good to see some (more official this time) words from the composers!
I've come to love the OST, BUT i WILL add some Aces High for old time's sake too! That song combined with playing Carmageddon takes me to my formative years as a metalhead and a person!

/bows down to everyone

Yok's picture
Yok
Norman E. Carnage
Submitted: Wed, 22/04/2015 - 13:23

You guys are all fucking awesome for your support! It's really made my day/week/year to be on this soundtrack for one, but it's so much more to have people digging it so hard, it has blown both Ad and I away!
Some day I will find a way to thank Nobby in a sense that seems fitting to my gratitude to this whole shindig...

I'll figure something out!

Edited by: Yok on Wed, 22/04/2015 - 13:24
YautjaLord's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 22/04/2015 - 14:12

Yok wrote:
You guys are all fucking awesome for your support! It's really made my day/week/year to be on this soundtrack for one, but it's so much more to have people digging it so hard, it has blown both Ad and I away!
Some day I will find a way to thank Nobby in a sense that seems fitting to my gratitude to this whole shindig...

I'll figure something out!

More stuff to headbang to at any given place/moment/etc..., the better - fuck yeah!!!!! \m/ \m/ \m/

Pages