You are here

Multiplayer Death Race problems

Dark_Pontifex's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Multiplayer Death Race problems
#1 Submitted: Sun, 22/03/2015 - 09:49

Hi folks,

yesterday we enjoyed some sessions of Online-MP, but I feel I need to report some experiences:

I played (as the host) with 6 other people Death Race mode. It was a quick race and most of us finished the track soon. Unfortunately you have to wait until every driver finished the race or the time runs up. The last drivers didn´t manage to finish the race and we couldn´t see how much longer we had to wait (probably 4- 5 minutes). So I tried to quit the race, which is impossible. Tried to quit the game: impossible! So I Alt-Strg-del Carmageddon via Task manager. This sucked a lot. Please make sure that the host can quit a game, make sure it only needs three people to finish a race. Show the time that needs to be waited also to the players who are done! Give them something entertaining while they wait

After this, my complete progress wasn´t loaded anymore when I started Carma again. So I need to unlock all multiplayerstuff again in single player! This is shit! Anybody knows how to get my unlocked content back? Please make sure in the final version, we DON´T need to unlock Multiplayer stuff in single player.

Include a text chat, so you - as a host - can communicate with the others to tell them, when the game starts or why you are still waiting (for other players)

Please make an option where the host can modify powerup options and/or set a number of credits people have at the start of the race. Some PUps are too powerfull. But deactivate them all gives you no money to repair, because there are no peds to score. So I really really hope peds will be included in MP in the final version

I really love the game already, but it feels unfinished, imbalanced (carcrusher with powerups just sucks) and not well tested in Multiplayer

ender's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 22/03/2015 - 11:14

A few things that irk me in multiplayer games:

• as Dark_Pontifex, when you finish a race, there's no indication how long it'll take for the rest of the players to finish; also, the camera just rotates around your car, which is boring - it would be nice if you could go spectate (maybe turn the car into a ghost, and let it be driven around; speaking of this, there should be some indication that the car has finished the race - right now it just stands there and can be hit by other players)
  • quite often I couldn't change my car even though the race was set to player's choice and player's garage cars - sometimes my choice was used in the next race (which again didn't let me change the car)

Because 10 billion years' time is so fragile, so ephemeral...
it arouses such a bittersweet, almost heartbreaking fondness.

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Sun, 22/03/2015 - 14:29

how can there be indication of time till players finish? What the fuck? You want the AI that sees in to the future. There is no way to predict that... IF I am last player on your server, and I all of the sudden go- fuck it i dont wanna race anymore and go fuck around I can be doing that for another 5 hours... so in the moment I decide the game should look in to the future and be like - OKy time remaining 5:00:00... What you ask is impossible. nobody can predict how long players will be playing jeezes =D

Either use the time limited deadrace or bite the bullet and wait for that darn player.

Leaving game is quite easy, only someone eslse overtakes automaticly the event hosting... I don't see where is the problem

Car crushers with powerups sucks, is your view...

"make sure this, change that..." No... for one it is beta there will be changes, for second "Please" would be in order, or you expect that Stainless exists just so they can furfill the ORDERS everyone is throwing around as if they fucking own the brand?

Chat in multiplayer would be good, it will not be in final game, It was said many times already... Watching game that you are fan of closely enough to keep track of these things is nothing difficult, yet it would prevent 300 questions per day being asked over and over...

cheers.... =D

Edited by: CzechDeath on Sun, 22/03/2015 - 14:31

Kejnel's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 22/03/2015 - 15:54

You didn't get it, CzechDeath. You can very easily show remaining time (his timer) of the last player in the game. You can also limit this player (as some of the racing games already do) to some time in which he has to complete the race (or a checkpoint) otherwise the game will be ended.

Also, there should be no waiting for the last player. He is last and that is it.

If you want to report bugs or want to ask for features DO NOT USE FORUM FOR THAT! Instead send it to developers HERE: https://carmageddon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Dark_Pontifex's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Sun, 22/03/2015 - 18:12

Hi Daniel, Kejnel explained it a bit better than I could. What really made me mad was that my unlocked progress (levels, gamemods, cars) are all gone now - it was not "easy" to leave the game: No escape button or anthing works when you finished the race and wait (try it). I hated to unlock stuff at first (because me and my friends wanted to jump right in and play fox ´n hounds) and now I have to spend again hours to unlock it in single player [besides anybody reading this knows how to restore my safegame]

My feedback was a little bit harsh, BECAUSE I really love the game and want it to be a great MP experience on the 23. April. I played C1 for over 15 years with 4-5 others on LAN Partys. c1 has some great options the host can set in advance of a race. I just want C:R to be as good as C1 was and I´m sure it will get there.

The powerups in c1 weren´t so powerfull, which made it more balanced in car crusher. Repulsficator, ambosses etc. can kill instantly. Yesterday, I played Car Crusher 5 or 6 times and very often the player who got one of those mighty powerups first, has 3-4 kills within 30 seconds. The friends which I played yesterdy felt the same.

I noticed, that text chat is a feature that is not planned to be included in the final release, BUT it´s an absolutealy important feature. It is already hard at certain times to get a game with at least 4 people going. And my experience so far ist that (some) people leave the game, when the host doesn´t start within a minute or so. So text communication would be a vital feature for this and asking for it (even though SG is not palnning to implement it) should be fine.

I´m a huge fan and - thats why I feel pushed to give feedback

ender's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 22/03/2015 - 18:35

CzechDeath wrote:
how can there be indication of time till players finish?

I didn't mean show remaining time, but either show the map with the rest of the players, or maybe allow to switch the camera to one of the other players (or, as I suggested, allow to spectate with your car).

Because 10 billion years' time is so fragile, so ephemeral...
it arouses such a bittersweet, almost heartbreaking fondness.

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Mon, 23/03/2015 - 09:35

Well it is possible that some of the things get implemented later... like for example that lobby chat (I personally would love the ingame one too) But I'm getting more and more sure that, that is not the case...

Maybe we need petition =D or travel in tousands number to HQ and go camp in front with posters demanding we want chat and spectate mode =D

randomness