You are here

[NEWS] RELEASE DATE NEWS!

Pages

shane's picture
Community Manager
Stainless
[NEWS] RELEASE DATE NEWS!
#1 Submitted: Wed, 18/03/2015 - 16:00

Hey Carmafans, THE NEWS YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR... Carmageddon: Reincarnation has got a FINAL RELEASE DATE!

Click here to read the rest of the news and comment below.

Edited by: shane on 24/04/2015 - 14:48
flykas's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Wed, 18/03/2015 - 17:11

Well, then I gues I wont be able to run it normaly on my laptop, but still GREAT NEWS, finally CONGRATS to the team!

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Wed, 18/03/2015 - 17:16

Woah, awesome news! I didn't realise it was so close to being gold! Congrats to the whole team :D

SapoPT's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 18/03/2015 - 17:25

Isn't it too early? There are still alot of things not working properly and things not implemented, like car splitting. Will have a lot of questions for today's streaming

Fuel's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 18/03/2015 - 17:26

Huh, that's a lot sooner than I expected. Great news nonetheless!

mr Joe's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 18/03/2015 - 17:26

Will it then be released on GoG.com aswell?
And you still need to work on the Linux version, right?
Cheers to the team!

Edited by: mr Joe on Wed, 18/03/2015 - 17:26
C2S's picture
C2S
Cunning Stunt Licker
Community VIPPayPal Backer
Submitted: Wed, 18/03/2015 - 17:27

Sorry to rain a bit on your parade, but personally, I feel this might be too soon. What about the performance optimizations, tracked and six wheel vehicle tech, and numerous little fixes and improvements? While there is still a month to go, and the game can be updated after the release as well, it would be better to release the game really, truly complete.

Fr0nt's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Twitch ChampKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 18/03/2015 - 17:29

can't wait to see hellhound whooohooo

SapoPT's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 18/03/2015 - 17:31

C2S wrote:
Sorry to rain a bit on your parade, but personally, I feel this might be too soon. What about the performance optimizations, tracked and six wheel vehicle tech, and numerous little fixes and improvements? While there is still a month to go, and the game can be updated after the release as well, it would be better to release the game really, truly complete.

Yup, I hear this more like a bad news than a good one.. Tired of games launching uncompleted, and this will be another one.. The game should perfom well when it's launched and the basic elements completed. I wouldn't consider tracked vehicle a basic element, it can be a DLC for tracked vehicles or an update, but I think car splitting is something that was on the to-do list since the start and a basic element

MemoryKill's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 18/03/2015 - 17:46

C2S wrote:

100% what i was wondering too, especially with tracked and 6/6+ wheel physics among many other improvements, this is only 5 weeks away and to only also have 24 cars is rather lacking, no...it IS lacking, excluding mods, there is at least 5 cars that are missing/should be in the game as standard such as Heinz and Big Dump and mannnn would I love to see "Abba Cab" return too.

I would rather them release end of May, or later even, the game is great fun but needs plenty of work.

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 18/03/2015 - 17:59

C2S wrote:

With any of those features & content that are not going to make it for final content, then it will come as Game updates or DLC later on. Tracked vehicle tech is not exactly simple to implement, and it is only for 2 official vehicles, versus 25 regular vehicles. At the end of the day, Stainless have to prioritise with the finite resources & budget they have. It is a little disappointing that possibly some features & content that We were all expecting won't be there for the "Gold" release, but it will come in time.

One man... Alone... Wrecking opponents in the Automobile he loves
Twitter Manifestation, Mods for Max Damage

Pages

randomness