You are here

Police cars obscenely OP

Pages

mind_grenade's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Police cars obscenely OP
#1 Submitted: Wed, 18/03/2015 - 12:32

Long time Carma fan, loving this so far. Devastated when I found out Carma 4 was canned all those years ago... Never thought I'd be playing carmageddon with a controller streamed onto my tablet with glorious graphics!!

Biggest gripe after my first 10 hours? Police cars.

I think C2 had police right, relatively strong, hard to take down but mostly a hindrance, but won't do much damage. The police cars in Reincarnation touch you and you lose a wheel and need 10K of repairs, or you just get wrecked.

I was playing a game of ped chase just now (what prompted this feedback) and a cop car comes out of nowhere and taps me, not even with very much force at all, and I got wrecked. I recovered and got swiped again and again by the cop car, wrecked four or five times in a row. I went from a score of 11 to 4 in about 6 seconds. This was in the Twister with #4 armor upgrade too.

There are a few things that bug me so far, mostly just due to early access/pre-release nature of the game. Overwhelmingly positive, but the police cars are just broken, way too powerful...

Is it just me?

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Wed, 18/03/2015 - 14:48

mind_grenade wrote:
I think C2 had police right, relatively strong, hard to take down but mostly a hindrance, but won't do much damage. The police cars in Reincarnation touch you and you lose a wheel and need 10K of repairs, or you just get wrecked.

Carma 2 didn't have police in it in the same way as C1, TDR or C:R. C2's cop car was just a normal opponent and it was pretty weak too.

The APC's in C:R, much like they were in C1, are designed to be overpowered and cause incredible amounts of damage because they are intended to be an actual threat to the player instead of just another vehicle in the level, thus forcing the player to confront them tactically.

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Wed, 18/03/2015 - 14:55

LOL ... yea carma 2 had best police, you remember the tracked police tank? that was cool one... also I liked the bikes ...LOLOL one shots =D

Spoiler:
You really remember all that? Get outta here, you never played carmageddon 2 you poser...=D

...also TDR2000 is not carmageddonII

suicidal_banana's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 18/03/2015 - 16:10

Mixed feelings about this, personally i think the tiny police cars got way too weak now, they used to be great fun to bash around the level as some sort of wrecking ball, but now it explodes almost every time on first hit.

Ooooh, hard nipples. Noooo.... :( *limp nipples* Hmmm, vanilla nipples!

ElSmurf's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 18/03/2015 - 17:58

Lately when I encounter one of those tiny cop cars, all I can think is - make CU:NT soccer a game mode!!!

It even sounds good.

LordToastALot's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 18/03/2015 - 19:07

I'm sorry Trent, but no way were the C1 cops this silly. They were practically invincible early on and did serious damage with a big run-up (or if they caught you at a nasty wall angle) but didn't waste you with the slightest wheel fender 1mph tap like they do in CR.

Bet that hurt!

Freeride Forever's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Wed, 18/03/2015 - 19:27

Meh, if performance isn't by far your biggest complaint, then I'd be very happy & just learn to play around what's perceived as an OP vehicle until I had better equipped vehicles to handle 'em. :/

LordToastALot's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 18/03/2015 - 19:35

Yes, because people can't have more than one complaint. >_>

Bet that hurt!

Rippthrough's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Wed, 18/03/2015 - 19:48

I thought they were spot on, never really had an issue with 'em. In fact I'd say the subpressor could do with being a little tougher.

ender's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 18/03/2015 - 20:47

I've said it several times: IMHO the APC (and especially the Subpressor) in C:R are too easy to kill. In C1, seeing/hearing a police car meant running away as quickly possible (unless you happened to have solid granite car), while in C:R there are some powerups that allow you to one-shot the police (spazzed ray and opponent repulsificator).

Because 10 billion years' time is so fragile, so ephemeral...
it arouses such a bittersweet, almost heartbreaking fondness.

Hezzard's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 18/03/2015 - 21:55

I think that the cops are pretty well balanced at the moment, although I have only tried the lowest difficulty setting (being a wuss and all!).
Whilst it is annoying when a little prang rips a quarter of your car away, it does give that extra motivation to avoid them.
The only change I'd make (and I'm sure the modders will do this - no worries Stainless!) is that it would be nice if the cops chased opponents and didn't just single the player out.
(also, my first post in about three years..?!)

I'm in it for the physics. The blood and carnage is just an added bonus...

Pages

randomness