You are here

Multiplayer locked

TaerKast's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Multiplayer locked
#1 Submitted: Wed, 11/03/2015 - 17:43

So, before this update, I edited the config.lua so I could customize my controls without them being reset each time I played the game. That ended locking up the multiplayer option for me.

Now this update fixed the controls thing and the edited lua is no longer necessary, so I deleted it and made the game create a new fresh one, which it did, but multiplayer is still locked to me.

I haven't edited anything else, nor I have any mods installed, yet I can't figure out why multiplayer is still locked and how I can unlock it.

KakkaHousu's picture
Piledriver
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Wed, 11/03/2015 - 18:00

Try verifying game files.

TaerKast's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 11/03/2015 - 22:54

KakkaHousu wrote:
Try verifying game files.

I did and no luck.

Fuel's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 11/03/2015 - 23:00

Have you tried out any mods at all? if there are any modded zad files in the zad folder it will lock out MP. I don't know for sure but I assume any kind of odd file might also do the same.

TaerKast's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 12/03/2015 - 02:56

Huh, seems like that was the issue.
I seem to have edited the scripts.zad a long time ago and forgot I did that (and also thought updates and cache verification would revert that).

Anyways, I got my multiplayer back. Thanks guys.

Veritas's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Submitted: Thu, 19/03/2015 - 06:18

That lock icon on the multiplayer could really use a tooltip of some sort explaining why it is there.

I thought Multiplayer was locked because I needed to play more of Career mode to unlock it.

After deleting a NoIntro ZAD i had in there it came unlocked. (After i found this thread)

hazardic's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 19/03/2015 - 10:19

I guess this the steam related issue to prevent cheating via modding. I"m afraid that it's possible to play mp only on unmodded game and modding will be possible on drm free and without mp (it's possible now though with locked steam features)

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Thu, 19/03/2015 - 11:15

hazardic wrote:
I guess this the steam related issue to prevent cheating via modding. I"m afraid that it's possible to play mp only on unmodded game and modding will be possible on drm free and without mp (it's possible now though with locked steam features)

Currently mods are technically hacks, the game doesn't have actual support for mods yet but rather treats mods the same as official content which conflicts with the game checking that the official content isn't altered to stop people cheating in online play as it is super easy to make a car which is invincible and has a power up which kills any opponent just by looking at it.

This is the reason why there is a CarMODgeddon option in the main menu: when its implemented after the full game is released it will take you to a menu where you can play career, free play or multiplayer with mods while keeping the main vanilla game free of mods.

hazardic's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 20/03/2015 - 06:23

Trent wrote:
hazardic wrote:

Currently mods are technically hacks, the game doesn't have actual support for mods yet but rather treats mods the same as official content which conflicts with the game checking that the official content isn't altered to stop people cheating in online play as it is super easy to make a car which is invincible and has a power up which kills any opponent just by looking at it.

This is the reason why there is a CarMODgeddon option in the main menu: when its implemented after the full game is released it will take you to a menu where you can play career, free play or multiplayer with mods while keeping the main vanilla game free of mods.

oh yeah sure, forgot about this not yet implemented feature