You are here

Game is looking good, but where is wheel support?!

Pages

hdon6's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Wed, 11/03/2015 - 19:22

So, you apparently are happy with nerfing it down to Mario Cart?

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Wed, 11/03/2015 - 20:06

hdon6 wrote:
So, you apparently are happy with nerfing it down to Mario Cart?

Only If I shared your your "Mario cart nerfing" view, which not only I don't share, but I find it offensive thowards the devs, butthurt and unfair....

Am I happy with how I experience CR? Oh yea...

Edited by: CzechDeath on Wed, 11/03/2015 - 20:08

deadsheep's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Wed, 11/03/2015 - 21:52

hdon6 wrote:
Sure, if every time you hit the DPad it turns your computer off. Sound like a fair trade?

Where did you read that it turns your computer off? Because it doesn't. It's usable (the scrolling doesn't even get in the way when driving), just needs a pedal fix and maybe a better button layout - but that last one is something us players can do. (I haven't yet looked at it).

Remember, it's a BETA, things are unfinished, and while they said that wheels are not in the scope (for now, at least), it doesn't mean it will not work. After all, this +10 year old steering wheel seems to be half supported by the game already... something that even The Crew BETA didn't succeed at, it was actually worse than Carmageddon Reincarnation BETA, using the steering wheel turned the game into a less than 1FPS slideshow. And that was a Triple A beta, so... relax?

(can't comment if it works in the current The Crew version, as I didn't buy the game and don't plan to)

Servo451's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Submitted: Wed, 11/03/2015 - 23:27

deadsheep wrote:
hdon6 wrote:
Sure, if every time you hit the DPad it turns your computer off. Sound like a fair trade?

Where did you read that it turns your computer off? Because it doesn't. It's usable
(can't comment if it works in the current The Crew version, as I didn't buy the game and don't plan to)

Methinks he was being a smidge of a smartass about the D-pad. Heh heh.

I do have to say that stating Steering Controllers are unimportant because 'most people don't use them' isn't fair. How many people are going to be able to use Motion Blur and Multi-threading to the max? Not. Too. Many. But I am glad those features are there. I wouldn't think of saying, "tone the graphics down because many of us can't use it...just give us more maps." WTF?

The argument that C:R isn't a 'driving' or 'racing' game is, at the very least silly as well. I'm NOT asking for 3D Oculus Rift support in the Beta; I am simply putting in my 2 cents worth that I need my wheel for enjoyment of the game. I have not seen it written where the Devs have ruled out support. Could somebody site that for me? If it's true then I am very sad. I will stop my noisy repetitive steering wheel pleas and walk away from Stainless Games abandoned and heartbroken. The Carmageddon franchise in it's entirety (as ridiculous as it sounds) has been a HUGE part of my life that has literally gotten me through different struggles in my life. I have brought dozens of my friends to this game. In any social environment where gaming comes up in conversation I fly the Carmageddon flag high! Hahaha! The usual response to my stories are disbelief and curiosity to try it out. And more often than not, when a Carma Fanboi is born they come to life with a wheel in their hands. Especially if I have anything to do with it.

So please, Nobby, Shane, Stainless, Carma devs one and all, anyone who will listen: Don't write me off with a shrug. Pardon my dramatics, but this really is as important to me as the Eagle being red with a razor fin on top.

Edited by: Servo451 on Wed, 11/03/2015 - 23:32
Servo451's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Submitted: Thu, 12/03/2015 - 21:54

Nobody? Nobody can confirm or deny that stainless has chosen NOT to support steering controllers? So I can assume was never discussed?

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Submitted: Thu, 12/03/2015 - 22:07

Servo451 wrote:
Nobody? Nobody can confirm or deny that stainless has chosen NOT to support steering controllers? So I can assume was never discussed?

You are free to assume whatever you feel like. It was disscused during stream session last year and status was that they are planning to implement that later...

You know, because games kinda aren't made over night with everything implemented at once especially in beta version...

You gotta give things time to happen man =D

Edited by: CzechDeath on Thu, 12/03/2015 - 22:09

Servo451's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Submitted: Thu, 12/03/2015 - 22:13

Excellent! That is all I needed. There was a lot of talk about it being out of scope and I hadn't seen that officially stated anywhere. So, thank you! I don't understand the smartass comment about games not being made overnight though. I never suggested that they were? But thank you for the citation about it being discussed! The information *IS* appreciated. Have a nice day.

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Submitted: Thu, 12/03/2015 - 22:44

Servo45I wrote:
don't understand the smartass comment about games not being made overnight though. I never suggested that they were?

LOL =D that is just me being smartass annoying troll... all in good mood tho =D feel free to ignore blarps like that =D

Edited by: CzechDeath on Thu, 12/03/2015 - 22:45

Purple44's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 13/03/2015 - 07:15

Would of be nice if Nobby had confirm wheel support was still on the to do list in this March 4th stream:

http://www.twitch.tv/carmageddon/b/632590433

At least Nobby said text chat will get added to multiplayer. ( at 41:43 in video ) That good news!!!

But without wheel support being confirm for sure, I can not recommend C:R any more.

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Submitted: Fri, 13/03/2015 - 09:42

Purple44 wrote:
Would of be nice if Nobby had confirm wheel support was still on the to do list in this March 4th stream:

http://www.twitch.tv/carmageddon/b/632590433

At least Nobby said text chat will get added to multiplayer. ( at 41:43 in video ) That good news!!!

But without wheel support being confirm for sure, I can not recommend C:R any more.

wheel was mentioned in some older streams... from last year... I watched every stream... so it was there somewhere...

Pages

randomness