You are here

Game is looking good, but where is wheel support?!

Pages

KakkaHousu's picture
Piledriver
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Tue, 10/03/2015 - 19:15

Errol, I don't think you understand how deep a love you can have with a spatula. Mine is like a stainless steel goddess, sensuous yet stern.

Spoiler:
Errol I don't think it is worth to start censoring posts. There is not really any offensive behaviour.

My opinion is at least some form of wheel support would be nice, even if it would be very basic.

Quote:
Most of us would rather have another map than wheel support.

That is not valid reason why there should not be wheel support. Same peoples who make maps ( mostly 3d-modelers, 2d- texture makers) doesn't code. So if programmers working on wheel support, that doesn't slowdown modelers work.

Quote:
How about change the name to CONSOLEmageddon?

With that logic current name of game is PERSONALCOMPUTERmageddon.

Edited by: Errol on Tue, 10/03/2015 - 19:18
deadsheep's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Tue, 10/03/2015 - 19:29

KakkaHousu wrote:
My opinion is at least some form of wheel support would be nice, even if it would be very basic.

Ok, if you insist so much. Very basic? Done. Game works with my Microsoft Force Feedback Steering Wheel (USB) (10+ years old?). Pedals do not work properly, they seem to be bound to the right joystick/dpad, which makes it always scroll down (or up, can't remember) in menus. Steering, though, works flawlessly, and all the other buttons (just badly placed).

Keep in mind, no changes to the game were done.

There you go, a very basic form of wheel support in a BETA game that does not officially support steering wheels. Everyone should be happy. Now just wait until we can fiddle with the settings, and then it'll probably work on a couple more steering wheels.

KakkaHousu's picture
Piledriver
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Tue, 10/03/2015 - 19:48

Errol, you Ministry of Truth.

@Deadsheep OK, nice to hear. No feedback at any form? Even rumble effect?

deadsheep's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Tue, 10/03/2015 - 19:59

I played with it turned off (didn't connect the FF power supply) so I can't comment on that.

hdon6's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Tue, 10/03/2015 - 20:30

Be happy with a wheel but pedals wont work. Sure, if every time you hit the DPad it turns your computer off. Sound like a fair trade?

Servo451's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Submitted: Tue, 10/03/2015 - 20:39

Girls! Pleeease! You are ALL pretty! Ha! (But including steering controller support is a pretty obviously a no-brainer for this game.)

Purple44's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 11/03/2015 - 00:19

C2S wrote:
Quote:
We need more "where's wheel support?" treads !

And more XBox controller users posting in them, stating that they do not want wheel support in C:R. :-)

C2S wrote:
I think you misunderstood me.

I'm confuse, you are not a pad player that thinks it OK if C:R does not have support for a wheel for us that prefer to use a wheel with PC racing\driving games?

No wheel support make C:R a console-ize PC game, then I can not recommend to my online friends to buy C:R any more since most are like me and use a wheel.

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,2046.0.html

Yeti wrote:
I hope it has multi support for most controllers, I remember using my old T2 steering wheel on Carmageddon 1+2, oh god those were the days :)

I can wait for wheel support if need be, but from what I have read in the forum recently, it sound like wheel support is off the to do list. :(

Edited by: Purple44 on Wed, 11/03/2015 - 00:23
KakkaHousu's picture
Piledriver
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Wed, 11/03/2015 - 06:53

Quote:
I'm confuse, you are not a pad player that thinks it OK if C:R does not have support for a wheel for us that prefer to use a wheel with PC racing\driving games?

Look, first CzechDeath posted this.

Quote:
We need more "where's wheel support?" treads !

Meaning that there are already many threads about wheel support. Then C2S answered this.

Quote:
And more XBox controller users posting in them, stating that they do not want wheel support in C:R. :-)

Blame CzechDeath is pad player, who is against wheel support.

C2S's picture
C2S
Cunning Stunt Licker
Community VIPPayPal Backer
Submitted: Wed, 11/03/2015 - 10:08

Yes, though to clarify, my remark was directed at the pad users against wheel support in general, instead of CzechDeath.

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Wed, 11/03/2015 - 19:03

I primarely use keyboard... okay ... yes sometimes I play CR on gamepad... when I feel like it...

Am I against anything? NO...

Do I think that being unhappy about lack of wheel support, is your problem and does not mean that devs. should do anything about that? YES

Do I think that maybe they will add it later, YES it is possible...

Do you blame me for your problems? Well they are YOUR problems, you are only one who can solve them no matter who you blame..

=D so there....

Edited by: CzechDeath on Wed, 11/03/2015 - 19:03

Pages