You are here

Game is looking good, but where is wheel support?!

Pages

hdon6's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Game is looking good, but where is wheel support?!
#1 Submitted: Mon, 09/03/2015 - 19:29

I've bought every version of the game, played the Original (even got hosed on a High Octane version) & MaxPack with a couple different Thrustmaster wheels, Carmageddon 2 and (the unmentionalble sequel) with USB wheels from Thrustmaster & Logitech. No offence, but if I wanted to use an Xbox controller, I'd buy a goddamned Xbox.

Its a CAR racing game, its logical to want a working computer steering wheel to play my CAR racing game on my Computer using a racing wheel made for a computer. You guys did it for the all the versions before this one. Please put in the ability to use a computer racing wheel and pedals.

Freeride Forever's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Mon, 09/03/2015 - 20:29

They probably will, since evidently "beta" no longer means "feature complete"

If you buy a goddamned Xbox then you won't be playing Carma:R since the PC is the priority (Stainless should get an award & a blowjob just for that). It's also not REALLY a racing game, so another dumb point you made. :s 3rdly, most people will play with controllers. For every one of you that wants wheel support, there are more of us that just wanna use a game pad. Most gamers don't own, or care to own wheels. I have no interest in using a wheel. I also have no interest in touching anything made by M$ unless I have to. I'm looking forward to using my awesome F710 instead. If you want a wheel, you're a minority. The vast majority want a working game, bug free with adequate performance. Most of us (gamers in gen, not just the forum warriors) would rather have another map than wheel support, but I suspect you'll get your wish.

IF I WANNA HOLD A STEERING WHEEL, I'LL GET A REAL GODDAMNED CAR! How 'bout that for your brain to snack on?

Edited by: Freeride Forever on Mon, 09/03/2015 - 20:30
hdon6's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Tue, 10/03/2015 - 02:15

Printed right below the Games Title on the front of the box
Carmageddon The Racing Game For The Chemically Imbalanced.

skyNET's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Competition Winner
Submitted: Tue, 10/03/2015 - 05:07

Same ol'... same ol'...

For a more recent discussion, please visit
http://www.carmageddon.com/forum/topic/27970

...brought to you by the search feature, in less than 0,23 seconds! It's actually faster than you can type the question you made! And is near the average human reaction time! Wondrous isn't it?

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Tue, 10/03/2015 - 09:37

We need more "where's wheel support?" treads !

MOAR!

AlexTSK's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Tue, 10/03/2015 - 10:10

C2S's picture
C2S
Cunning Stunt Licker
Community VIPPayPal Backer
Submitted: Tue, 10/03/2015 - 15:47

Quote:

And more XBox controller users posting in them, stating that they do not want wheel support in C:R. :-)

hdon6's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Tue, 10/03/2015 - 16:03

If you queers want to use your controllers, I'm not judging. I'm not even asking they take your support away.

A wheel and a couple of pedals, maybe a few buttons and I'm happy. I can use the keyboard for repair and such if necessary. But without being able to use a wheel why even have cars? Why even call it CARmageddon? How about change the name to CONSOLEmageddon?

Purple44's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 10/03/2015 - 16:57

C2S wrote:
Quote:

And more XBox controller users posting in them, stating that they do not want wheel support in C:R. :-)

So C:R. should be a console game, not a PC racing\driving game? PC players expect more from a PC game!

I trusted Nobby that we would have wheel support and donated my $25 during the Kickstarter campaign when I read this:

http://app.carmageddon.tv/forum/topic/18413?page=1

hammr25 wrote:
23/06/2012
Nobby said this during the Kickstarter campaign:
Nobby wrote:
Regarding controllers - Yes, depending on platform we want to support pads and force feedback wheels.
We've got some excellent Logitech controllers that we're keen to get working with the game.

Was I wrong to trust Nobby?

I was surprise there are more pad players than wheel players in this poll over at Bugbear form, but wheel players are not a small minority on the PC.

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,922.0.html

Gamepad, keyboard or a wheel?

Gamepad 80 (43.2%)
Keyboard 49 (26.5%)
Wheel 56 (30.3%)

I spent $1200 on my gaming computer to have some nice eye candy in my racing games, so why would I want to use a pad on the PC when I could use a wheel? And when my grand nieces and nephews visit, they enjoy getting to use the wheel. Some do need some help with the pedals thou. ;)

C2S's picture
C2S
Cunning Stunt Licker
Community VIPPayPal Backer
Submitted: Tue, 10/03/2015 - 17:41

I think you misunderstood me.

Errol's picture
Piledriver
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModerator
Submitted: Tue, 10/03/2015 - 18:50

hdon6, you are being a knob. Stop it.

Purple44, you score an F in reading comprehension. You are also being melodramatic. Stop it.

Keep this nonsense up and I'll just start editing both of your posts to be about your budding love affairs with various household objects.

Edited by: Errol on Tue, 10/03/2015 - 18:50

:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
Making C:R mods happen since '14!

Pages