You are here

Carmageddon 3dfx running slow in Windows 8.1

Pages

jimmy1333's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Thu, 05/02/2015 - 23:23

EDIT: I asked my friend to ask Max_damage on twitter about the patch and this is what they replied: "It's still something we're looking at and hope to release in the future." I guess we'll just have to wait then

Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 09/02/2015 - 10:03

Jimmy, you should really insist on getting that software DOS executable working in hires mode, it is the thing you're after IMO.

Does forcing the windowed mode work so far?
If "VOODO2C.EXE -novoodoo -hires" didn't work, then try replacing that line with "CARMA.EXE -hires", there's no reason for hires not to work within dosbox! :)

... and carmageddon add-ons at road reaction.

jimmy1333's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sat, 14/02/2015 - 12:56

First method worked but I just get a tiny window (I tried changing the res values in dosboxCARMA but it remains the same for some reason. Second method asked me for a password for the uncut version, after pressing enter I got into the game (zombie mode ver) and it crashed when starting a race :(

Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Submitted: Mon, 16/02/2015 - 10:21

Jimy, I don't understand why it doesn't work! I tried again on a fresh install here:

jimmy1333's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Tue, 17/02/2015 - 16:06

Hey, thanks for your reply. I tried it (I was inputting incorrect values xD) and I got it to run but the framerate is abysmal ~25 which is unplayable in a game like Carma ;( . Anyhow thank you, I'll stick to the GOG Version which works flawlessly and I'll wait for the Win95 patch if it's even ever coming to Steam lol. I was just wondering if it was possible to simulate win95-hires in DOS, just for the sake of Simplicity (as I got it for free when buying C:R). Sorry for all the trouble and thank you for your help.

Edited by: jimmy1333 on Tue, 17/02/2015 - 16:08
LegendXDPlayz's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sun, 01/01/2017 - 05:43

Now how do I get to the CARMA95.exe?
I only get to go to DOSBOX and choose either Carmageddon 1 3DFX or Normal cause both at run very slow mostly, seems like only Carma 2 runs at a normal framerate. Thanks

I like to mod Carmageddon II: Carpocalypse now

and sometimes Carmageddon, and it's splat pack

If you ever get wasted by something stupid, you just gotta say, hey guess it was just, BAD CARMA!

Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Submitted: Mon, 02/01/2017 - 10:26

You can get it here http://qtz.toshiba-3.com/uMaxPack95RPP.zip
It works with both Steam and GOG releases.

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Wed, 04/01/2017 - 13:12

time to let go already =D

LuckyMike's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Wed, 04/01/2017 - 18:56

How could you stay on this system? 8-0

Pages

randomness