You are here

Mad Mikes Used Cars. [REL] 29 Vehicles. Texture update now out.

Pages

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Fri, 29/12/2017 - 12:20

yea...

Alex's point about CC is similar to mine. I too was of opinion that it is not exactly "carmageddon game" and I had a feeling that it will recieve "meh" reaction from the carma fan base. I like the visual upgrades, which also remind me of how badass those would be in CR/MD.

Oh well

Take care u guys... You will be missed

Fr0nt's picture
Piledriver
Twitch ChampKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Sat, 30/12/2017 - 13:56

thanks for everything dude.

MrDeviance's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Tue, 02/01/2018 - 15:12

Another one bites the dust... It just saddens me to see you go even though I was never really a fan of your work(not because it looks bad because it doesn't but muscle cars bore me that's all) I really appreciate your work and your hours spent and even though your cars are not as detailed as Alex's cars, they are still better looking than most of the vanilla Carmageddon cars.
Stainless has finally gotten to the bone of everybody here it seems. While I feel surrounded by people that finally agree with my views about Stainless I am also saddened because I was one of the first people to register on this forum and I was also one of those that waited on the carmageddon.com countdown to the forum launch...
I've been through it all here from day 0 and I really had hopes when I saw how open minded and chatty they appeared in both live streams and on this forum.
I personally discussed design ideeas with Nobby both in public and in private and it all seemed too good to be true.
I had a feeling that this was going to be a passion project that will be polished until it would satisfy everybody.
Being through this experience from A to Z I have grown so much and matured beyond hype.
This project's hype, and failure have taught me a lot about how easy it is to get your hopes up and get them smashed.
When I came here I was a powerful skeptic that had been through Duke Nukem Forever's disappointment and other such let downs.
In no way was I some kind of naive man, that was quick to drink the coolade.
Stainless had to earn their trust the hard way and they fucking managed to do it and then they let me down.
This is almost as shockign as a breakup with a girl that I've been with for 4 years...

Edited by: MrDeviance on Wed, 03/01/2018 - 12:13
Fr0nt's picture
Piledriver
Twitch ChampKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Tue, 02/01/2018 - 17:04

AMEN brother.

if only stainless listened to our prophet, we would be in carma heaven now.

FIX IT SCI!

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 08/01/2018 - 12:59

Thanks guys. I'm glad people have had fun with my content. :)

Minor service update: The renewal for my website is due soon, but I do not intend to renew it. As such, all released content will be re-uploaded to a folder on GoogleDrive, and re-linked. Since all of the vehicles are getting re-uploaded, 3 vehicles ('66 School Bus, '70 Van & '72 Moth Truck) will be replaced with newer versions. In time, I might create a new wordpress.com based website instead.

One man... Alone... Wrecking opponents in the Automobile he loves
Twitter Manifestation, Mods for Max Damage

Errol's picture
Piledriver
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModerator
Submitted: Mon, 08/01/2018 - 16:45

Hey Mike,

Should you need hosting then there are a few of us more than willing to do so. Toshiba, Trent and myself can all offer free, ongoing hosting should you want it. Just drop one of us a line if it is something you'd like.

I'm also sorry to see you go. I get your sentiment and understand your complaints and just wish I could say something to change your mind.

Hopefully we'll see you again someday soon.

:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::

starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Tue, 09/01/2018 - 19:21

Mad Mike wrote:
Thanks guys. I'm glad people have had fun with my content. :)

Minor service update: The renewal for my website is due soon, but I do not intend to renew it. As such, all released content will be re-uploaded to a folder on GoogleDrive, and re-linked. Since all of the vehicles are getting re-uploaded, 3 vehicles ('66 School Bus, '70 Van & '72 Moth Truck) will be replaced with newer versions. In time, I might create a new wordpress.com based website instead.

Will miss you. Good luck.

Why is it that when you are a child at the dinner table you can get punished asking for someone to please pass you the fork and knife ?

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 13/01/2018 - 16:16

Quote:
Hey Mike,

Should you need hosting then there are a few of us more than willing to do so. Toshiba, Trent and myself can all offer free, ongoing hosting should you want it. Just drop one of us a line if it is something you'd like.

I'm also sorry to see you go. I get your sentiment and understand your complaints and just wish I could say something to change your mind.

Hopefully we'll see you again someday soon.

Thanks Errol, I appreciate it. :) Also, I can't thank you and Trent enough for everything you guys have done. Your collective work paved the way for me to bring an armada to carmageddon.

Hosting should be ok with GoogleDrive, but if it turns out not to be, then I will drop one of you a line.

I wish things were different, maybe one day I might be able to get back into this.

Quote:
Will miss you. Good luck.

Thanks Starbuck.

EDIT: All download links have now been re-linked to GoogleDrive hosted content. The main directory can be accessed here.

Spoiler: Revisions/notes for the three vehicles that were replaced with updated versions upon re-upload
  • '70 Van
    • - Tweaked Structure data for Satellite dish to make it easier to detach
  • ''72 Moth Truck
    • - Revised/Lowered core strength values (General Defence, Car Defence & Offence)
      Old mean/average strength value was 6.5, new mean/average is 5.67
    • - Lowered Maximum engine RPM reducing top speed from 150 Mph to 130 Mph
    • - Reduced mass from 11000 Kg to 10000 Kg
  • ''66 School Bus
    • - Revised/Lowered core strength values (General Defence, Car Defence & Offence),
    • Old mean/average strength value was 7.0, new mean/average is 6.33
    • - Lowered Maximum engine RPM reducing top speed from 130 Mph to 110 Mph
Edited by: Mad Mike on Sat, 13/01/2018 - 16:16

One man... Alone... Wrecking opponents in the Automobile he loves
Twitter Manifestation, Mods for Max Damage

ZeMantras's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Thu, 18/01/2018 - 21:21

thnks for the great work u did its made with alot of love and the result speaks for itself, your vec mods were the only thing still grabbing me to maxdamage.
has far has i see it, this is the final nail in the coffin, from now on its just a slow and painful death ehehe

but hey....theres NEWS guys! a new GOG version just announced. yay.............. lol

Edited by: ZeMantras on Thu, 18/01/2018 - 21:21
starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Fri, 19/01/2018 - 05:45

Mad Mike wrote:
This is unfortunate but I am officially announcing the end of all production related to modding Carmageddon, for now. It's been over a year since the last live-stream or game update, honestly I can no-longer maintain the will to keep working on this. My hand has also been forced due to my licence for 3ds max expiring, so I can no-longer put content into the game anyway.

If things do change, I may come back to resume work and release more content.

With this in mind, I have compiled a special 'Final Compilation' to celebrate everything that has been, and some of the things that could still be. Also, this compilation includes all but one of the heavyweight vehicles that I have been keeping under wraps for a long time now. I've had a lot of fun working on all of this content, but this is it... for now...

Lastly, Merry Christmas and happy new year to everyone out there, especially to those at Stainless Games for resurrecting Carmageddon for us.

I hava had the student version for MAX 2015 and it still started up fine. And I have had it since at least 2014. Its supposed to be a 3 year licence and still works.

I think updating my student profile on the website solved it.

Edited by: starbuck on Fri, 19/01/2018 - 05:47

Why is it that when you are a child at the dinner table you can get punished asking for someone to please pass you the fork and knife ?

Pages