You are here

Mad Mikes Used Cars. [REL] 29 Vehicles. Texture update now out.

Pages

AlexTSK's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Thu, 14/09/2017 - 17:02

Cool Mike, I'll keep popping in and checking my PMs then :)

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Thu, 14/09/2017 - 21:13

Sweet thanks for the new version! imma test it ASAP =D

Yeh the backflips with plow, by mashing the flaps button in vanilla were hilarious =D Even more when I told shane about it and he apperently did not know about this =D

*EDIT*

the driving is perfect now!

I love this plow animation to death!

One thing tho is it possible to keep it from lifting during decceleration/braking and backing up? It throws off the centre of mass (which it should) but it kinda feels strange for it to just lift on it's own, when manuvering around...

Other then that I LOVE IT!

Edited by: CzechDeath on Thu, 14/09/2017 - 21:39

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 16/09/2017 - 12:32

Quote:
Cool Mike, I'll keep popping in and checking my PMs then :)

Thanks Alex :) I've sent over the current to-do list.

Quote:
Sweet thanks for the new version! imma test it ASAP =D

Yeh the backflips with plow, by mashing the flaps button in vanilla were hilarious =D Even more when I told shane about it and he apperently did not know about this =D

*EDIT*

the driving is perfect now!

I love this plow animation to death!

One thing tho is it possible to keep it from lifting during decceleration/braking and backing up? It throws off the centre of mass (which it should) but it kinda feels strange for it to just lift on it's own, when manuvering around...

Other then that I LOVE IT!

Thanks.

As for bucket-arm/bucket lifting under braking and reversing, tweaking the mass & centre-of-mass on the bucket-arm & bucket might reduce that. I won't be making any other adjustments any time soon, as I've got a lot on the 'to-do' list for the new environment.

One man... Alone... Wrecking opponents in the Automobile he loves
Twitter Manifestation, Mods for Max Damage

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 01/10/2017 - 18:25

Just a little update, as things are progressing slowly. There's still a long way to go, but some areas are closing in on presentable.

Testing the breakable pre-fab office, although it still needs damage textures & furniture (CRT Television included). Regardless, the basics work very nicely.

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Mon, 02/10/2017 - 09:37

holy wow! Mike! That's some nextlevel shit!

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 24/12/2017 - 12:59

This is unfortunate but I am officially announcing the end of all production related to modding Carmageddon, for now. It's been over a year since the last live-stream or game update, honestly I can no-longer maintain the will to keep working on this. My hand has also been forced due to my licence for 3ds max expiring, so I can no-longer put content into the game anyway.

If things do change, I may come back to resume work and release more content.

With this in mind, I have compiled a special 'Final Compilation' to celebrate everything that has been, and some of the things that could still be. Also, this compilation includes all but one of the heavyweight vehicles that I have been keeping under wraps for a long time now. I've had a lot of fun working on all of this content, but this is it... for now...

Lastly, Merry Christmas and happy new year to everyone out there, especially to those at Stainless Games for resurrecting Carmageddon for us.

Edited by: Mad Mike on Sun, 24/12/2017 - 12:59

Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 25/12/2017 - 23:08

Aw, first Alex and now you! Thanks for all the mods :)

Both Alex and you mention the lack of game update. Ideally what kind of update would you have liked to see: a patch to remove the locked down career mode, new content, and/or the release of official dev tools?

I feel like it might also be the lack of momentum in the modding community that's getting to you guys (and I'd understand)? As the way I see it, the dev tools and tutorials were made by the community already. Great additional content as well :)
It was the same for previous Carma titles, but the momentum lasted longer...

... and carmageddon add-ons at road reaction.

AlexTSK's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Tue, 26/12/2017 - 00:21

Well first off I feel like the silence from Stainless isn't helping.

Free or paid content, a patch solely aimed at fixing bugs, the release of official dev tools - all of these things are going to take time and money. Time and money that could be spent on making the next Stainless game that could bring in revenue.

Taking that into account I'm really baffled as to why Carmageddon Crashers even exists, I know its not a game for me but it does feel a bit like a spit in the face of the fans of the original game, it takes the cars and aesthetics but leaves everything that makes Carmageddon a 'Carmageddon' game behind so I don't quite understand that business decision.

Ranting aside, the optimal choice for me would be to see the official tools they use to get cars and content into the game. The game can already be fully modded and unlocked. That said, I'm not sure if going through and understanding how the game handles the data as well as the step of unpacking and running the game might be a hinderance to potential new modders. I don't find anything particularly wrong with this setup, so I would settle for the dev tools.

I feel like expecting new content might be a pipe dream but I would totally get involved again if we saw some more news about potential dev tools. Maybe the community can create a patch that fixes the current bugs and maybe even a total conversion for something like optimising and improving the vehicles, maps, and pedestrians.

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 26/12/2017 - 13:24

Quote:
Both Alex and you mention the lack of game update. Ideally what kind of update would you have liked to see: a patch to remove the locked down career mode, new content, and/or the release of official dev tools?

What Alex has put forward covers most of my issues.

A long time ago, back when C:R was still in pre-alpha, it was said that a modified version of Acolyte (with the functionality that pertains the the Magic The Gathering Games stripped out) would be made available to the community as part of the ideal implementation of Carmodgeddon*, this would make getting custom content into the game as easy as possible. This would of probably helped kept the community alive and kicking, and maybe lead to more people getting involved.

Obviously since those plans were made, things have changed. Maybe C:R/C:MD just hasn't made enough money to justify the expense and man-hours required to organize that version of Acolyte, expand the modding mode, create documentation, and implement Steam Workshop support. The absence of any news from Stainless confirming whether or not there will be anything else for this game hasn't helped the matter. Put all of this together, and it feels like the community has been slowly and seemingly dying over the course of this year.

Patches to fix the issues that still remain in the game: sound issues, indexed & trailer wheels miss-behaving, ped' corpses spazzing out, joints going beyond their limits, etc, would of been appreciated. I would of loved to see additional content (vehicles, levels, etc) and would of been happy to pay for it, as I feel Stainless did all of us a great favor gifting C:MD to all of the PC owners of C:R for nothing.

* - by the ideal implementation of Carmodgeddon, I'm referring to the official modding mode also supporting:

Spoiler: list
  • Drivers
  • Peds
  • Engine Sounds (Granted this could of been difficult due to the use of Fmod)
  • Sound Effects
  • Trailers
  • Game Modes
  • Shared Models/Materials/Textures
  • Add-on Skins/Wheels for official cars
  • Add-on Race routes for existing levels
  • UI
  • HUD
  • Gameplay adjustments/Tweaks
  • Custom career mode
  • Probably more items I've forgotten

Quote:
I feel like it might also be the lack of momentum in the modding community that's getting to you guys (and I'd understand)? As the way I see it, the dev tools and tutorials were made by the community already. Great additional content as well :)
It was the same for previous Carma titles, but the momentum lasted longer...

The lack of momentum certainly hasn't helped. I've done what I can to help spur modding on with my tutorial series, but it seems that too many people have found getting content in-game too intimidating/difficult, or they just wanted to wait for an official SDK, which unfortunately hasn't come. I get that the needs of the business at Stainless have to come first, but I think they have missed an opportunity to make some extra money with additional content for this game.

Regardless, thanks for the kind words on the content Tosh :)

hazardic's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 27/12/2017 - 07:47

oh my.. this is damn sad.. thank you for your work too, and all these innovative stuff you brought here with Alex!

Pages

randomness