You are here

Mad Mikes Used Cars. [REL] 29 Vehicles [WIP] Environment

Pages

AlexTSK's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Sun, 03/09/2017 - 18:38

Nice and refreshing to see a new environment, let me know if I can help with modeling/texturing anything for the level to take some work off of you :)

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 05/09/2017 - 06:39

Thanks Alex, I might just take you up on that. :) Wait and see how things go when I start adding details, for now I'm re-doing the instancing of the base geometry & re-sizing the level.

One man... Alone... Wrecking opponents in the Automobile he loves
Twitter Manifestation, Mods for Max Damage

AlexTSK's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Tue, 05/09/2017 - 08:24

Awesome, looking forward to it :)

panic's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Wed, 06/09/2017 - 23:22

Just redownloaded all the cars, i still had the old version. And thanks, i didn't know you could change opponents

Now off to test em all real quick (meaning all night probably)

ZeMantras's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Thu, 07/09/2017 - 22:05

laughed my ass off with some of the characters in madmikes collection, Burt Recker has to be one of my fav carmageddon characters ever,
hahaha nailed it

Edited by: ZeMantras on Thu, 07/09/2017 - 22:06
Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Tue, 12/09/2017 - 11:17

Hope you don't mind, Mike, but I've repacked the Plow Bucket mod into a proper ZAD file and updated the instructions on the proper way to install it when using ZAD. It's available from here http://www.carmatools.com/downloads/mods/PlowBucket.zip

Installation instructions are:

1. Rename scripts.zad to scripts_main.zad
  2. Put z_PlowBucketMod.zad in the ZAD folder.

Much less confusing for people!

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Submitted: Tue, 12/09/2017 - 20:49

Trent wrote:
Hope you don't mind, Mike, but I've repacked the Plow Bucket mod into a proper ZAD file and updated the instructions on the proper way to install it when using ZAD. It's available from here http://www.carmatools.com/downloads/mods/PlowBucket.zip

=3 Thanks mr Trent sir =D and mike ofcourse =D

EDIT*

Mike The spoon and some other parts are now weirdly clipping like doing 360 wierdly =D also Plow spins out like fuck with this awesome mode of yours =D

Edited by: CzechDeath on Tue, 12/09/2017 - 21:37

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 13/09/2017 - 18:53

Quote:
Awesome, looking forward to it :)

Thanks Alex. Once I've got a list of all props/models that are still outstanding, I'll PM you a copy so you can pick out anything you'd like to do :)

Quote:
Just redownloaded all the cars, i still had the old version. And thanks, i didn't know you could change opponents

Now off to test em all real quick (meaning all night probably)

Hope you have as much fun wrecking them as I did putting them together.

Quote:
laughed my ass off with some of the characters in madmikes collection, Burt Recker has to be one of my fav carmageddon characters ever,
hahaha nailed it

Hehe, Thanks :)

Quote:

Nope I don't mind, that is fine with me. I wasn't actually aware of that trick, so thanks for the heads-up. :) I've re-uploaded your repack and updated the first post accordingly.

With that in mind, I might actually sort out a zad mod for the Rig O Mortis so it possesses appropriate characteristics for a truck.

Quote:
=3 Thanks mr Trent sir =D and mike ofcourse =D

EDIT*
Mike The spoon and some other parts are now weirdly clipping like doing 360 wierdly =D also Plow spins out like fuck with this awesome mode of yours =D

Thanks for the kind words.

Do you mean the bucket is acting backwards and clipping through the body? If so, I've seen others encounter that with the base Plow, sadly, I don't know of any fix for it.

As for the quirky handling, I'm not sure what the cause is, it could be the different centre of mass on the bucket & bucket-arm, or because the buckets collision hull is enabled against cars. I just considered it a trade-off in exchange for getting to literally throw other cars around.

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Submitted: Thu, 14/09/2017 - 08:49

Mad Mike wrote:

Thanks for the kind words.

Do you mean the bucket is acting backwards and clipping through the body? If so, I've seen others encounter that with the base Plow, sadly, I don't know of any fix for it.

As for the quirky handling, I'm not sure what the cause is, it could be the different centre of mass on the bucket & bucket-arm, or because the buckets collision hull is enabled against cars. I just considered it a trade-off in exchange for getting to literally throw other cars around.

Yes the spoon clips bacwards, it is almost always replicateble when running over larger crowds of the peds.

It is now pain to drive that Plow =D I am not happy with such tradeoff =D

I have yet to manage throw any car around. When I get to situation when I push car in front of me and I engage the flaps button, the spoon tries to lift but it cannot, so it just briefly twiches and that's it, so (???)

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 14/09/2017 - 16:58

Quote:
Yes the spoon clips bacwards, it is almost always replicateble when running over larger crowds of the peds.

Thanks for the info regarding re-producing the result, I see exactly what you mean, but I do not know of any fix.

I have spent the entire day testing different variables, cutting out certain methods - and I cannot stop it from happening entirely. Whilst some variables reduce the chances of it happening, such variables make it almost impossible to use the bucket as a weapon against cars. Furthermore I have re-produced the same effect on jointed/flappable parts (suicide doors) on other vehicles. I don't know why the game is allowing joints to go beyond their maximum & minimum limits. Joint limits are explicitly defined, and it should be impossible to go beyond them. Whether this is a bug, or a side effect from optimization somewhere along the line, I don't know.

If you're wondering why it doesn't happen anywhere near as much on the official version of the plow, it could be due to the joint being closer to the ground, so the front of the plow has to be lifted up more for it to happen. It definitely does happen though.

Unless someone knows of an absolute fix for this issue, which does not compromise the ability to use the bucket against other cars, I will not be spending any more time working on this.

Quote:
It is now pain to drive that Plow =D I am not happy with such tradeoff =D

The new version has a tweaked 'setup.lol', with more grip for the rear wheels, which largely eliminates this issue.

Quote:
I have yet to manage throw any car around. When I get to situation when I push car in front of me and I engage the flaps button, the spoon tries to lift but it cannot, so it just briefly twiches and that's it, so (???)

Typcially, you have to press flaps repeatedly.

Spoiler: Warning, boring psuedo-technical stuff
Remember that flaps, of which the Plows bucket is one, have a spring providing the force behind the motion. As such, the force behind the flap dissipates rapidly. To move heavier objects, the force has to be maintained, and that requires button mashing. Whilst the spring force can be increased, it can eventually cause issues in instances where there is no mass/object/prop/vehicle resisting the motion, potentially resulting in the vehicle doing a back-flip. I had this issue with the tipper on Big Dump R.

Pages