You are here

Mad Mikes Used Cars. [REL] 29 Vehicles [WIP] Environment

Pages

Fuelinjectedsuicidemachine's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Fri, 11/08/2017 - 15:47

Those cars are so much fun, Mad Mike! They really keep the game alive and bring me back to play it for hours on end. I'm having a blast with the little Jeep, it's awesome!

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 11/08/2017 - 21:24

Quote:
Nice work mike, some neat additional vehicles there. Going to give these all a spin later :) only thing I can see from the screenshots is the big dump r has the normal intensity a bit too high

Thanks Alex. The normal strength was something I've gone back and forth on for some time, that will get adjusted when the next version comes along. :)

Quote:
Those cars are so much fun, Mad Mike! They really keep the game alive and bring me back to play it for hours on end. I'm having a blast with the little Jeep, it's awesome!

Thanks. Glad to hear read that people are having fun with them. :)

One man... Alone... Wrecking opponents in the Automobile he loves
Twitter Manifestation, Mods for Max Damage

Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Sat, 12/08/2017 - 01:57

Now that we have a Gremlin, how about a Pacer inspired car? Or an old Mercedes or Jag for a change? Would be fun to smash them. ;)

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 13/08/2017 - 09:47

At the moment, the focus is Big Rigs/Trucks/Heavyweights, although, everything under that category (except Big Dump R) is dependent on trailer support, all of those vehicles have between 1-6 associated trailers each. Even if the modding mode did support trailers, there is a file-hosting issue. Whilst I do have 'unlimited' hosting on my web-host, it is limited to 150 Megabytes per file, which is why 11 vehicles had to be uploaded to dropbox, effectively taking up all of my capacity on there.

For now, I probably won't be releasing any more vehicles, not until things change with the modding mode. Steam Workshop support would make all of this so much easier, but I don't know if SG are still planning on making that a feature or not.

I will be looking into experimenting with an environment or two in the not too distant future.

Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Fri, 18/08/2017 - 15:37

Ah, that's unfortunate. But I'm with you, Stainless should make Steam Workshop available.
Some new environments would be very much appreciated, the game needs more of them! ;)

ZeMantras's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sun, 27/08/2017 - 16:53

thanks madmike your vehicles are Impressive
only trying the v8's so far! (still have loads of your vehicles to try) these are a absolute joy to control :)

ZeMantras's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sun, 27/08/2017 - 20:07

were can we donate to?
all the best

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 31/08/2017 - 11:58

Quote:
Ah, that's unfortunate. But I'm with you, Stainless should make Steam Workshop available.
Some new environments would be very much appreciated, the game needs more of them! ;)

We shall see what the future brings. It's been a while since I did anything environment art oriented, but I've got a few ideas flushed out. Understandably when it comes, I will be starting small(ish) to get to grips with level setup.

Quote:
thanks madmike your vehicles are Impressive
only trying the v8's so far! (still have loads of your vehicles to try) these are a absolute joy to control :)

Thank you very much for the kind words. :)

Quote:
were can we donate to?
all the best

That is very kind. If you'd like to donate, donations are accepted here.

timmy76's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 02/09/2017 - 22:04

Google drive is a good file hosting site, you get 15GB of space for free.
Its easy to access, faster to download from and the fact you can setup folders for public use makes it so much better compared to sites like mediafire.
Myself and the Assetto Corsa modding community use it for hosting and it makes things 100% better.

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 03/09/2017 - 17:30

Thanks for the info. When the time comes for more uploading I'll take a look at it. :)

I don't usually post WIP shots, especially this early in production. But here's some pics taken while testing an environment that I recently started building. There's still a very long way to go, but most of the paperwork has (so far) been considerably easier than expected.

Spoiler: Images

Pages

randomness