You are here

Mad Mikes Used Cars. [REL] 29 Vehicles [WIP] Environment

Pages

Cannibal's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sat, 21/02/2015 - 13:59

Thanks for the Big Dump! Love how he can't fit anywhere x)) Will wait for new versions.

MemoryKill's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 22/02/2015 - 12:39

Sleep Dirt wrote:
Hey MemoryKill,

You will find the value CVehicleCharacteristics:Set_WholeBodyDeformationFactor (), in the first block of text within the Structure.XML file, probably located towards the end of the text, it's samiched between two of these </CHARACTERISTICS>.

It's not there, at all, this is what it's my Eagle R structure.xml:

Spoiler:
  <CHARACTERISTICS>

<![CDATA[
    -- These are all now contained in the CarStats spreadsheet in Data_Core/Setup
    -- However they can be overridden here if necessary, or new cars that don't
    -- appear in the spreadsheet can have their values set here
	-- Note that the commented-out values here may not now be correct if the spreadsheet
	-- has been editted
    -- CVehicleCharacteristics:Set_DefenceGeneral( 1.4 )
    -- CVehicleCharacteristics:Set_DefenceAgainstCars( 1.4 )
    -- CVehicleCharacteristics:Set_Offence( 1.4 )
	-- CVehicleCharacteristics:Set_ValueFactor( 1.4 )

CVehicleCharacteristics:Set_AerofoilOpenSound("eagle_flaps_open")
	  CVehicleCharacteristics:Set_AerofoilCloseSound("eagle_flaps_close")
	  CVehicleCharacteristics:Set_AerofoilSoundLump("c_Spoiler_Mount")	  
      ]]>
  </CHARACTERISTICS>

And even the big dump:

Spoiler:
	<CHARACTERISTICS>
		<![CDATA[
	CVehicleCharacteristics:Set_DefenceAgainstCars( 30.0 )
	CVehicleCharacteristics:Set_DefenceGeneral( 20.0 )
	CVehicleCharacteristics:Set_Offence( 15.0 )
	CVehicleCharacteristics:Set_ValueFactor( 20.0 )
	CVehicleCharacteristics:Set_ExtraFallingDamageThreshold( 30.0 )
	CVehicleCharacteristics:Set_ExtraFallingDamageFactor( 1600.0 )
	]]>
		</CHARACTERISTICS>

There is not such parameter in ANY of the structure.xml files for any of the vehicles so, are we sure it's the same string/location we are talking about because for me, it certainly does NOT exist in any vehicleXXX.zad file.

EDIT

Ah...correction, I see what is going on here, the string is not in every cars structure.xml, only a few cars. For example I've just found it in Caddy Fat Cat, which is strange, why is this value not in the xml for each vehicle...hmmm.

Anyway, now that i've located it I can at least try playing with it.

EDIT2

AFAIC tell it just effects environmental damage when hitting walls etc. Hmm, think i'm gonna just leave it all alone until a simpler method is introduced.

Edited by: MemoryKill on Sun, 22/02/2015 - 13:05
Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Sun, 22/02/2015 - 17:07

It's really not that complicated. The crushability & stiffness settings in the structure.xml control how each part deforms, the whole body deformation factor controls scales how the whole car deforms, the weld and joint settings control how parts fall off, which covers the visual damage, and the system_damage.xml controls the actual how the car is actually damaged and wasted.

It's obviously not as simple as just setting a softness value but it allows are far great level of control over how cars get damaged, both physically and visually. There won't be a simpler way of setting up damage as that would limit the flexibility of it.

Edited by: Trent on Sun, 22/02/2015 - 17:08

Sleep Dirt's picture
Norman E. Carnage
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Sun, 22/02/2015 - 18:20

MemoryKill wrote:
Sleep Dirt wrote:
Hey MemoryKill,

You will find the value CVehicleCharacteristics:Set_WholeBodyDeformationFactor (), in the first block of text within the Structure.XML file, probably located towards the end of the text, it's samiched between two of these </CHARACTERISTICS>.

It's not there, at all, this is what it's my Eagle R structure.xml:

Sorry bout that MemKill, the vehicles I had a mess with had the value in their Structure.XML, so I presumed it would be present in the other files too. Have you tried tacking it into the Structure.XML's you are trying to mess with? Maybe set it as un-crushable and see what happens :)

The Ocean Is the Ultimate Solution.

Miki's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sun, 22/02/2015 - 19:55

Big Dump is funny with spinning :D I loved that car in Carma 2, now they back to Reincarnation. Thanks Mike :D

Big Dump Crazy Crash Spin

Mechatron's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Mon, 23/02/2015 - 09:07

I challenged myself to a Fox n hounds match with the Hawk R and all Dump trucks for the AI... on the Landing pads map. Needless to say it was slightly insane of me to do so. I recorded every moment from start to finish. It was fun. I'm going to upload the video soon to YouTube. I have a few ideas for other ways to challenge myself with this mod. Love the Big Dump. It's great.

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 23/02/2015 - 19:35

Quote:
Thanks for the Big Dump! Love how he can't fit anywhere x)) Will wait for new versions.

Glad you like it & are having fun with it :) Awesome screenshots

Quote:
EDIT

Ah...correction, I see what is going on here, the string is not in every cars structure.xml, only a few cars. For example I've just found it in Caddy Fat Cat, which is strange, why is this value not in the xml for each vehicle...hmmm.

Anyway, now that i've located it I can at least try playing with it.

EDIT2

AFAIC tell it just effects environmental damage when hitting walls etc. Hmm, think i'm gonna just leave it all alone until a simpler method is introduced.

There are some cars the body deformation factor is not present for. I specifically left it out on Big Dump as there isn't one for the APC, I will most likely set it to the same value the SubPressor uses in Future releases.

Otherwise, Trent has beaten me to it on the damage breakdown. The system that is implemented allows greater control.

Quote:
Big Dump is funny with spinning :D I loved that car in Carma 2, now they back to Reincarnation. Thanks Mike :D

Neat video :) I'll have to try Spinnertron on Big Dump at some time.

Quote:
I challenged myself to a Fox n hounds match with the Hawk R and all Dump trucks for the AI... on the Landing pads map. Needless to say it was slightly insane of me to do so. I recorded every moment from start to finish. It was fun. I'm going to upload the video soon to YouTube. I have a few ideas for other ways to challenge myself with this mod. Love the Big Dump. It's great.

I look forward to seeing the video. I'm sure the event was metal mangling :)

One man... Alone... Wrecking opponents in the Automobile he loves
Twitter Manifestation, Mods for Max Damage

Mechatron's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Mon, 23/02/2015 - 23:31

Here's the video. I love playing match's like this one, my reactions in the video might be a little much, because I recorded my voice too. But anyway I think if I did a car crusher / death match thing on this map with the same car and all Big Dumps for the AI, that might be even better. No matter how many times the Big Dump gets stuck or wrecks it's self or wrecks me, I always enjoy these matches like this. Thanks again for the Big Dump.
Dumptruck challenge 1

The Unbreakable Kavinsky's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Submitted: Tue, 24/02/2015 - 04:41

Miki wrote:

all I can think of while seeing that is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9rwF2khUIY

actually if you synched up the audio from the first 30 seconds it would fit somewhat lol

Edited by: The Unbreakable Kavinsky on Tue, 24/02/2015 - 04:50
Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 24/02/2015 - 18:39

Quote:
Here's the video. I love playing match's like this one, my reactions in the video might be a little much, because I recorded my voice too. But anyway I think if I did a car crusher / death match thing on this map with the same car and all Big Dumps for the AI, that might be even better. No matter how many times the Big Dump gets stuck or wrecks it's self or wrecks me, I always enjoy these matches like this. Thanks again for the Big Dump.
Dumptruck challenge 1

Awesome video. The same in a car crusher event would be hilarious :)

One man... Alone... Wrecking opponents in the Automobile he loves
Twitter Manifestation, Mods for Max Damage

Pages

randomness