You are here

Mad Mikes Used Cars. [REL] 29 Vehicles [WIP] Environment

Pages

KilltheGod's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 16/02/2015 - 15:44

Hey thanks man, that Big Dump is awesome! It doesn't seem to do much damage to others without squashing them against walls but otherwise it's enjoyable ride. Max looks like professional in the cockpit of that thing. :D

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 16/02/2015 - 17:21

I don't get why it doesn't do much damage unless you ram opponents into the terrain. Something has changed in the way car to car damage is calculated, it use to flatten anything that got in its way in the previous pre-alpha build.

It weighs 50 Tonnes & has an offensive value 3x that of the Subpressor so it should be a monster. I'm looking into it though

One man... Alone... Wrecking opponents in the Automobile he loves
Twitter Manifestation, Mods for Max Damage

MemoryKill's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 18/02/2015 - 09:50

Great job with the models Mike, especially with DUMP and I really love the lead pumper too, even it it occasionaly crashes but that's just currently I am guessing the current games stability.

I assume if I wanted to "lock" these vehicles behind the career mode I'd simple set the tier to 5 and "unlock_node" to say 15, similar to the "Plow", correct? as currently not added and the other thing is -1 making it unlockable straight away. Anyway that's just preference, as at the moment these are not "full" releases, really sweet that you've done this and made the dump playable :D...even if, i want it locked off for now.

Question, was looking at your portfolio of vehicles, awesome stuff, with the "CBT dog-nose Hauler"...wow...that thing looks incredible, do you reckon you will release/create the vehicle for C:R in the future? Hope so, as the design is excellent! Looks like it could be it's own "boss" vehicle as shit hard to "steal/unlock" as well, you'd wanna put the effort in eh!

Edited by: MemoryKill on Wed, 18/02/2015 - 09:58
Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 18/02/2015 - 18:03

MemoryKill wrote:
Great job with the models Mike, especially with DUMP and I really love the lead pumper too, even it it occasionaly crashes but that's just currently I am guessing the current games stability.

I assume if I wanted to "lock" these vehicles behind the career mode I'd simple set the tier to 5 and "unlock_node" to say 15, similar to the "Plow", correct? as currently not added and the other thing is -1 making it unlockable straight away. Anyway that's just preference, as at the moment these are not "full" releases, really sweet that you've done this and made the dump playable :D...even if, i want it locked off for now.

Question, was looking at your portfolio of vehicles, awesome stuff, with the "CBT dog-nose Hauler"...wow...that thing looks incredible, do you reckon you will release/create the vehicle for C:R in the future? Hope so, as the design is excellent! Looks like it could be it's own "boss" vehicle as shit hard to "steal/unlock" as well, you'd wanna put the effort in eh!

Thanks. Glad People are having fun with the cars :)

I've not looked into locking the cars, but yep, you can lock them by altering the aforementioned tier value (so it shows as an opponent later on) & adding the unlock_node in the vehicle_setup.lol.

Thanks for the kind words on the CBT "Dog-Nose" Hauler. I have every intention of getting a new version of that built for C:R once support for vehicles with >2 axles, and articulated vehicles is in. It needs a modest rebuild (new mechanical parts, new wheels and re-texturing underneath)

Fuelinjectedsuicidemachine's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Wed, 18/02/2015 - 19:43

Mad Mike wrote:
I don't get why it doesn't do much damage unless you ram opponents into the terrain. Something has changed in the way car to car damage is calculated, it use to flatten anything that got in its way in the previous pre-alpha build.

It weighs 50 Tonnes & has an offensive value 3x that of the Subpressor so it should be a monster. I'm looking into it though

I think your vehicle is so heavy that it just bumps the other much lighter cars instead of squash them. I bet if you crash the heavier vehicles with it, it'll do more damage to them, while the smaller, lighter vehicles just bounce off. Anyway I think 50 tons is a bit over the top for Carmageddon: R, even if it's a realistic weight. Carmageddon isn't always about realistic stats for the cars, that's part of what makes the cars interesting. However I don't use the vehicle, so I don't know how big it really is. But how about something like 15-20 tons? Seems more than enough to basically waste anything. Balancing the modded cars to fit into the default ones without making them overpowered isn't an easy task. No offence, but most modded cars for C2 are ridiculously overpowered too, so every time I had to change their values to fit them in.

BTW I like what you're doing. You guys are damn fast in modding cars for C:R. I think I'll try the Leadpumper.

MemoryKill's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 19/02/2015 - 13:55

Mad Mike wrote:
MemoryKill wrote:

Thanks. Glad People are having fun with the cars :)

I've not looked into locking the cars, but yep, you can lock them by altering the aforementioned tier value (so it shows as an opponent later on) & adding the unlock_node in the vehicle_setup.lol.

Thanks for the kind words on the CBT "Dog-Nose" Hauler. I have every intention of getting a new version of that built for C:R once support for vehicles with >2 axles, and articulated vehicles is in. It needs a modest rebuild (new mechanical parts, new wheels and re-texturing underneath)

You're welcome :). Yeah I managed to lock the car faily easy, just had to mimic the setup exactly from other cars and change a few bits, perfect.

No worrys it looks amazing! Yeah I know atm that's what stainless are hopefully working towards so we can get the PROPER subpressor and ofc Heinz in the game too, as with only 21 cars there is like 10 missing so far. But yeah if you manage to get that model in game it would be amazing :).

Oh btw, I found something that could maybe act as a placeholder for now if you know how to do "fake" wheels, I found this which I rekcon would be awesome for you to convert/get working as a drivable vehicle:

Spoiler:

Pretty awesome! I'm sure there is many more prop vehicles like this in other levels but thought i'd draw your attention to it, as this would be awesome for yet another boss style vehicle.

BTW, do you, or anyone, know if "stealworthy" cars have a "rank based chance" to successfully steal them like in C:IOS and C1? So far i've seen no such system, I've just been able to steal cars first time.

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 19/02/2015 - 15:56

Fuelinjectedsuicidemachine wrote:
Mad Mike wrote:

I think your vehicle is so heavy that it just bumps the other much lighter cars instead of squash them. I bet if you crash the heavier vehicles with it, it'll do more damage to them, while the smaller, lighter vehicles just bounce off. Anyway I think 50 tons is a bit over the top for Carmageddon: R, even if it's a realistic weight. Carmageddon isn't always about realistic stats for the cars, that's part of what makes the cars interesting. However I don't use the vehicle, so I don't know how big it really is. But how about something like 15-20 tons? Seems more than enough to basically waste anything. Balancing the modded cars to fit into the default ones without making them overpowered isn't an easy task. No offence, but most modded cars for C2 are ridiculously overpowered too, so every time I had to change their values to fit them in.

BTW I like what you're doing. You guys are damn fast in modding cars for C:R. I think I'll try the Leadpumper.

The weight could have an effect, I am looking into it, but in the previous build of the game (with the exact same performance & mass) Big Dump demolished anything it bumped into, and at any speed. The Moth Truck has a similar issue, and it weighs less than 10 Tonnes. For reference - the weight value for Big Dump is almost half of its real world weight. A Cat 785 is 96 Tonnes unloaded.

I have tested Big Dump with the Weight reduced to 27 Tonnes and there seemed to be no effect, other than dramatically improved acceleration, hehe

MemoryKill wrote:
You're welcome :). Yeah I managed to lock the car faily easy, just had to mimic the setup exactly from other cars and change a few bits, perfect.

No worrys it looks amazing! Yeah I know atm that's what stainless are hopefully working towards so we can get the PROPER subpressor and ofc Heinz in the game too, as with only 21 cars there is like 10 missing so far. But yeah if you manage to get that model in game it would be amazing :).

Oh btw, I found something that could maybe act as a placeholder for now if you know how to do "fake" wheels, I found this which I rekcon would be awesome for you to convert/get working as a drivable vehicle:

Spoiler:

Pretty awesome! I'm sure there is many more prop vehicles like this in other levels but thought i'd draw your attention to it, as this would be awesome for yet another boss style vehicle.

BTW, do you, or anyone, know if "stealworthy" cars have a "rank based chance" to successfully steal them like in C:IOS and C1? So far i've seen no such system, I've just been able to steal cars first time.

I wouldn't count the publicly known official car list as complete just yet ;)

Yep, I'd noticed the drilling truck, and a tracked version of the dump truck amongst the props. I might have a look at them at a later date, as I already have a very long build queue.

With regards to the 'stealworthy' mechanism in C:R, I don't think there is any chance value involved. You are guaranteed to steal the vehicle once you wreck it at the target node in the career.

Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Thu, 19/02/2015 - 18:56

Mad Mike wrote:
The weight could have an effect, I am looking into it, but in the previous build of the game (with the exact same performance & mass) Big Dump demolished anything it bumped into, and at any speed.

That's like I remember it from C2. I noticed too that something in the damage calculation seems different to the old Carmas. Mass generally seems a bit less important than it used to be. I noticed that sometimes smaller, lighter cars with good engine power manage to hold their ground against even The Plow. The 6 tons Plow should have no problems with pushing Tashita for example. Engine power seems too dominant.

I tried your Leadpumper and I'm really enjoying it so far. Great work on the model and good damage on the bodywork. The speed and armor seems adequate, but I feel like it's a bit too strong? Maybe too heavy? Also would be cool if the suspension is softer. Otherwise it's pretty cool to drive around with.

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 19/02/2015 - 20:39

Fuelinjectedsuicidemachine wrote:
That's like I remember it from C2. I noticed too that something in the damage calculation seems different to the old Carmas. Mass generally seems a bit less important than it used to be. I noticed that sometimes smaller, lighter cars with good engine power manage to hold their ground against even The Plow. The 6 tons Plow should have no problems with pushing Tashita for example. Engine power seems too dominant.

I tried your Leadpumper and I'm really enjoying it so far. Great work on the model and good damage on the bodywork. The speed and armor seems adequate, but I feel like it's a bit too strong? Maybe too heavy? Also would be cool if the suspension is softer. Otherwise it's pretty cool to drive around with.

Yup, it definitely seems that overall speed has a much bigger affect on collision damage instead of mass now.
With regards to power, the Plow does have considerably more torque & a higher power multiplier than Tashita, so pushing it shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for the feedback on the Leadpumper. You say "The speed and armor seems adequate, but I feel like it's a bit too strong" When you say too strong, are you referring to defence or offence as being too strong? It is my intention for the Leadpumper to be a little bit tougher & faster than caddy. It has been modified for pursuit situations. The weight is technically correct for the vehicle it is based on, '76 Lincoln Continental weighs in at 5400lbs or 2444Kgs, the leadpumper is set at 2400Kg including the huge ramming bars.

I will tweak the suspension, it won't be as floaty as caddy, as the car is "souped-up" but it will be close :)

Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Thu, 19/02/2015 - 22:14

Mad Mike wrote:
Yup, it definitely seems that overall speed has a much bigger affect on collision damage instead of mass now.
With regards to power, the Plow does have considerably more torque & a higher power multiplier than Tashita, so pushing it shouldn't be a problem.

Hehe, maybe I exaggerated a bit with the Tashita example and most of the time The Plow pushes other cars relatively easy. However cars like Towmeister or Caddy Fat Cat, which both weight 1/3 of the Plow, proved to be quite strong engine wise when they're directly head on to me. It could also be the case that this was intentionally done by Stainless to prevent heavier cars in wrecking smaller cars too easily.

Mad Mike wrote:
Thanks for the feedback on the Leadpumper. You say "The speed and armor seems adequate, but I feel like it's a bit too strong" When you say too strong, are you referring to defence or offence as being too strong? It is my intention for the Leadpumper to be a little bit tougher & faster than caddy. It has been modified for pursuit situations. The weight is technically correct for the vehicle it is based on, '76 Lincoln Continental weighs in at 5400lbs or 2444Kgs, the leadpumper is set at 2400Kg including the huge ramming bars.

Sorry, if it was unclear, indeed I meant offence. I know that the weight of the car matches the real life one, even with the huge bumper on it. Although I think it could be lighter due to balancing issues. I think 2,1 or 2,2 tons would be good, considering that Towmeister is at 2,0 tons, but that's really just me being bitchy about basically nothing. It is your modded car and you should decide what's the best for it. I was just thinking about. Caddy Fat Cat is 1,9 tons, that's relatively light for such a vehicle with it's huge metal spikes. It's performance is quite excellent nonetheless.

Mad Mike wrote:
I will tweak the suspension, it won't be as floaty as caddy, as the car is "souped-up" but it will be close :)

Yes, I agree with "not as floaty as Caddy", it should be less wonky for the Leadpumper, but still soft. Leadpumper was a bit less soft than Caddy back in C1 and Caddy tended to go up and down with the front and back of the car sometimes, while Leadpumper did not. Was great fun driving them, lol. ;)

Pages

randomness