You are here

Mad Max: Fury Road (trailer)

Pages

Deamon's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Mad Max: Fury Road (trailer)
#1 Submitted: Thu, 11/12/2014 - 19:06

Ever since it was announced that there is a new Mad Max game coming, I've been interested in seeing the reboot of this classic series. The game has been pushed back to 2015, but the movie trailer has been released recently. I didn't even know that they were doing a movie too ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akX3Is3qBpw

Ok, it doesn't have Mel Gibson, but since it has been co-written by George Miller (the creator of the original trilogy), I have good hopes for this. I'm also liking the art direction, the look of the vehicles and even the characters look pretty damn awesome. I made some screen captures of the cars I like most up until now:

So, what do you think of this Mad Max reboot?

Carmageddon UNlimited Team For all your wrecking needs!
"All prey keep left. Fellow raptors keep up."
TDR2000 MAX-Pack A community add-on pack.

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Thu, 11/12/2014 - 19:13

I so want to watch it, the cars are absolutely perfect.

Also, i am crossing my fingers that the Mad Max game is going to be amazing.

Edited by: FatCat on Thu, 11/12/2014 - 19:14
Deamon's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 11/12/2014 - 19:58

I hope so too ... In my experience, video games released with big franchise movies mostly suck. I hope this is an exception. It's being developed by Avalanche Studios, which is most known for the Just Cause video game series. Haven't played those though..

There are some "game-play reveal" trailers already available:

July 2013:

April 2014:

Carmageddon UNlimited Team For all your wrecking needs!
"All prey keep left. Fellow raptors keep up."
TDR2000 MAX-Pack A community add-on pack.

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Thu, 11/12/2014 - 20:52

Looks pretty fun. Seems like everyone in the comments is shitting on it deliberately though. Kinda reminds me of when Alien Isolation hadnt come out and everyone was constantly shitting on it and insulting everyone who was looking forwards to it. Then it came out and Whoops, turns out it's actually good!

Fucking gamers, they think every new game that comes out is going to be shit. What a terrible way to think.

Edited by: FatCat on Thu, 11/12/2014 - 20:54
Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 11/12/2014 - 21:17

Don't forget the newest trailer :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWNWi-ZWL3c

One man... Alone... Wrecking opponents in the Automobile he loves
Twitter Manifestation, Mods for Max Damage

Freeride Forever's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Thu, 11/12/2014 - 22:22

Saw the movie trailer a while ago. I was impressed. I don't think Mel's absence would be a detriment at this point. I've always thought he was one of the greatest actors (MM not being much of a showcase of his abilities though) but really, the dude's done. Few crews will be willing to touch that guy now.

This is the first I heard about the game. I'm not surprised & I'm not stoked, but I'm definitely interested!

Horrigan's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Fri, 12/12/2014 - 00:08

Sorry to say but I reakon this is gonna fall flat.
Once you take it out of Australia and make it mostly CGI, it loses to much to be unique.

Previous name: Rainbow Slash
Carmageddon T-Shirts currently owned: 2
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/FHorrigan/

Epitaph's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 12/12/2014 - 06:32

How in earth does this trailer seem to you "mostly CGI" Horrigan?
I mean really? Maybe a few explosions have been tweaked with a computer, but other than that i don't see anything else!

As for the movie, i've been constantly following development the last 4-5 years, and i'm so happy it finally comes out. The plan was to have 2 movies shot back to back (Fury Road being the first part and Furiosa being the 2nd). I hope we'll have the next film soon after the Fury Road. Maybe next year? That would be awesome.

As far as the game goes, i'm confident it'll be good. I've heard from trusted people that Just Cause 2 was an awesome game, especially in the Sandbox-y department. So fingers crossed we'll have a gem!

PS : OMG BEETLE CARS WITH SPIKESSS OMFFFFGG!!!!

KakkaHousu's picture
Piledriver
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Fri, 12/12/2014 - 12:44

I always wonder how they have cars like that in post apocalyptic world. They are huge buildings on wheels or otherwise hi-tech. I mean civilization have fallen, lack of fuel/spare parts/etc, they are gangs from wasteland and still they drive cars that looks like they are from science fiction movie just more rusted.

Quote:
OMG BEETLE CARS WITH SPIKESSS OMFFFFGG!!!!

Reminds me car from movie- Cars That Ate Paris.

Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 12/12/2014 - 13:26

That second teaser makes the movie look even more awesome, damn!

... and carmageddon add-ons at road reaction.

Epitaph's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 12/12/2014 - 16:31

Thanks for the reference Kakka! didn't know about that movie.

By the way, i'd like to know the opinion of the devs about those 2 trailers. And who's the biggest Mad Max fan on Stainless?

Pages

randomness