You are here

C:MD/C:R Scrapped Content Thread

Pages

AlexTSK's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Thu, 20/11/2014 - 19:15

So I've been asking for it for a few weeks and he had it in his Photobucket all along? xD

Glad I've seen it, top views look wonderful xD

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Thu, 20/11/2014 - 19:21

Breakin'Benny wrote:
That white-colored concept art Eagle R... is it supposed to say that the Eagle and Hawk aren't going to be the only cars you can pick a color for? It's a nice idea for multiplayer, as I could get tired of the same colors on the cars. Hands up for Caddy FatCat coloured with urine?

I think Nobby once mentioned something about being able to swap rims and car colors at one point, but i cant be sure! I'd love to be able to give my cars unique colors during the career mode, maybe even tune each car with sliders too. =D

Like for example: Accel vs TopSpeed
Ride height Front & Rear
Soft vs Solid suspension
SUSPENSION WOBBLINESS (for caddy fatcat especially)
Tire profile size
Understeer vs Oversteer
Grip Front vs Rear
Brake strenght Front vs Rear

While you could only edit these parameters within certain values and couldn't increase car strength and weight beyond the APO upgrades, the fine tuning of cars could really make the Career cars have that extra edge over the Freeplay cars without feeling unfair =D

Edited by: FatCat on Thu, 20/11/2014 - 19:24
Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Thu, 20/11/2014 - 21:14

Breakin'Benny wrote:
That white-colored concept art Eagle R...

Do you mean the screenshot with the splattered cows? That's nothing to do with changing colours, that screenshot was just taken before the car's textures were made.

AlexTSK's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Thu, 20/11/2014 - 23:40

I actually wanted to remake that car based on whatever it looked like, and now that I have finally seen it i'm definitely not so keen on the idea, I guess the top view was deceptive :)

Also here's what Nobby said to me in his PM when I asked whether or not I could get the old model so that I could fluff it up and get it in game

"It's a long shot (possibly more likely to be something that dev would consider once the game is out) but I will ask them what they think about this idea. One answer might be that we dropped this Eagle because once we'd "lived with it" for a time it became apparent that none of us liked it, and so we'd rather it never saw the light of day. However, you may well be able to improve it and prove us wrong!"

I doublt the team would actually make it a downloadable/included car, but it could be rebuilt by someone given enough demand I suppose :)

KakkaHousu's picture
Piledriver
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Fri, 21/11/2014 - 06:15

Bloodstability wrote:
I doublt the team would actually make it a downloadable/included car, but it could be rebuilt by someone given enough demand I suppose

Nobby's answer for Fat Cat:

nobby wrote:
Don't worry - just remind me once the game's launched, and I'll sneak the model over to you. But don't tell anyone else! ;)

I agree it looks better on top view.

Edited by: KakkaHousu on Fri, 21/11/2014 - 06:18
FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Fri, 21/11/2014 - 07:26

You know Housu, i kinda wish it could just be released for everybody instead of just for me, i would love to have a multiplayer match where 10 different types of Eagles duke it out, including super early alpha eagles. =D

Edited by: FatCat on Fri, 21/11/2014 - 07:26
KakkaHousu's picture
Piledriver
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Fri, 21/11/2014 - 12:23

But you can port it for game and release it. Or have you some contract with Nobby you can't release it for general use? Or you mean as official part of game so it can be played in MP servers which doesn't support mod cars?

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Fri, 21/11/2014 - 13:16

Kakka, i'm not sure, i'd really have to ask Nobby if i could make it a mod available for download. It seems like their team really didn't want that eagle to see the light of day. :P

Mad_Maxine's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Submitted: Sat, 22/11/2014 - 17:49

Im a little late to the party, but ya, hi, I wonderd what those wheels were for, the concept wheels from the eagle you first posted are still in game files, because I put them on my eagle once.. But I guess you allready knew that?

I dont really like that eagle too much, it felt too overkill, vents, side exhausts, huge intake, huge side intakes, it seems to be trying too hard... remove the blade and we got a blood drive car. but no doubt a bunch of people will find it in the future in one of those lost content things... because you know what happens 'Missing content?... its better than whats ingame' no matter what they allways say that.

Its a shame about the white concept eagle tho.. Its a shame we never really got to see it, it kinda looks how I imagine a remaking of the eagle, not that I dont like the one we have now... its very nice, I just wish we got to see that one.. to see if it really would have made a better eagle or not.. But I guess stainless know what there doing.... even if I dont like the new lumberer.

Also. someone will mostlikley remake this stuff anyway.

Just been pointed out to me that its the same car, maybe I missed something there.
so yes. I guess im ok now all seen, hopefully you post no spoilers too.. Im very carefull in the files nowdays to nto dig up and see something thats not ingame yet. heh. I want to see it in its glory yeyah. even tho I have a good idea what some stuff from its file names may be.

Edited by: Mad_Maxine on Sat, 22/11/2014 - 18:47

My Cars/Peds/Maps/Skins: http://demontailmods.webs.com
View the comic game from start to finish: http://imgur.com/a/diaO6

uoɯǝp ǝɥʇ ʞɔɐɥ ɐʞɐ - I am the Last Poster, the killer of topics. Fear me

deadsheep's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Sat, 22/11/2014 - 18:47

Mad_Maxine wrote:
Its a shame about the white concept eagle tho.. Its a shame we never really got to see it

The white eagle concept is the same as the red one you see in the first post. Same lines, same vents, etc...

Pages

randomness