https://steamdb.info/app/249380/history/

Innnteresting recent developments =D

Beta, eh?

Edited by: FatCat on 05/08/2015 - 08:02
Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Wed, 19/11/2014 - 09:43

Indeed, it became obvious there was a private internal beta on steam when the achievements started showing out. After all, how else would they test steam features like achievements if they weren't testing it on steam?

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Submitted: Wed, 19/11/2014 - 11:42

Blasphemy! Our prophet clearly foretold that CR is doomed... that devs dropped the ball and and is all over O___O

Spoiler:
I'm kidding ofcourse and if you didn't get it ... it is OK ...everything is ok...relax...and sleep...shhhh....sleep now...

EDIT* Post 777 that must mean something aswell ! it is a sign! The prophet sees all!

Edited by: CzechDeath on Wed, 19/11/2014 - 11:47

felthat's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Wed, 19/11/2014 - 12:31

may i ask whats so interesting in those recent updates? i mean, why are they more interesting than old ones

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Wed, 19/11/2014 - 13:08

felthat wrote:
may i ask whats so interesting in those recent updates? i mean, why are they more interesting than old ones

Because there was not a whole lot going on in their db page up until this month. Also according to this page, they updated their internal Build 7159 to Build 9016 recently as well, a large jump! Shane also made a thread about translating the game, and achievements have been put onto Steam too. I think the game might be getting some type of big announcement soon!

Edited by: FatCat on Wed, 19/11/2014 - 13:09
Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Wed, 19/11/2014 - 15:15

felthat wrote:

It's not so much that these builds are more important than old ones, all builds are as important as each other. This is just yet another thing showing the huge amount of work going on behind the scenes with over 3000 builds between the last early access update and the current build on steam and should further put the minds of anyone still needlessly concerned about the game's development at ease.

It's also a good indication that right now they are putting a lot of focus into steam integration, which are mostly features which need the base game to be fairly complete, such as multiplayer matchmaking or voice chat, achievements which rely on doing things in career mode, or steam workshop which requires the game's mod handling framework to be in place. It definitely seems like they are heading towards the final leg of the development, if they aren't already.

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 19/11/2014 - 19:23

Interesting news indeed.

One man... Alone... Wrecking opponents in the Automobile he loves
Twitter Manifestation, Mods for Max Damage

Southpark2010's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Wed, 19/11/2014 - 19:35

Looking at the recent change on it, it seems the achievements have their own icons now (and they look cool as well). :D

Edited by: Southpark2010 on Wed, 19/11/2014 - 20:13
FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Wed, 19/11/2014 - 21:47

Southpark2010 wrote:
Looking at the recent change on it, it seems the achievements have their own icons now (and they look cool as well). :D

You're right, the new icons are there and oh wow, they're so gorgeous!

(edit: Oh man, the unholy trinity achievement looks pretty serious, it's hidden, has no description, and the icon is of the Carmageddon C with a halo and angel wings. I wonder if it's related to the career mode. Maybe at the end of the last career node, Max Damage dies and goes to heaven and WRECKS EVERYTHING.)

Edited by: FatCat on Thu, 20/11/2014 - 00:51
Southpark2010's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Thu, 20/11/2014 - 00:58

FatCat wrote:
Maybe at the end of the last career node, Max Damage dies and goes to heaven and WRECKS EVERYTHING.)

He might as well. I mean, he trashed Hell in the Splat Pack, so trash heaven as well. Perhaps all planes of existence should host their own Carma event. =D It might actually make an interesting level.

Edited by: Southpark2010 on Thu, 20/11/2014 - 01:11
Kejnel's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 20/11/2014 - 14:13

Oh my god, I would love the heaven level! Imagine the carnage!

If you want to report bugs or want to ask for features DO NOT USE FORUM FOR THAT! Instead send it to developers HERE: https://carmageddon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Pages

randomness