Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 14/08/2017 - 10:46

i like it, looks like hog =) and it's not so boring like c1 & cmd apc

AlexTSK's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Wed, 16/08/2017 - 13:16

Thanks!

it wasn't my intention to make it look like a hog, its more to mimic the original C1 design a bit, but hey if the shoe fits :)

hazardic's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 16/08/2017 - 15:14

Agreed, for me looks very carmageddonish

MrDeviance's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Thu, 17/08/2017 - 23:01

Wow. The APC looks so Carmageddon 1 and at the same time it also looks more detailed than the one already in Max Damage.
I mean look at this comparison.

The new one looks like the Terminator next to Justin Beaber.
It just looks mature and serious for war while the one already existing in game looks like a lego toy..
Carmageddon 1 used to be about serious designs not about Lego shit... Where did Stainless go so fucking wrong, I will never understand.
The way Alex is remaking the cars is exactly the way I was expecting them to look when Reincarnation was announced...
Not just the wheels and the chassis is much better but even the god damn paint and material feels closer to the origins.
I have said it before and I will say it again here.
The artists that were hired to design and create the cars for this new game, had no idea what Carmageddon 1 was truly about.
They just saw the superficial designs of the old cars and went in and remade them rapidly and without any passion whatsoever.
For what it's worth, Stainless should take notes from this guy here and see how a real Pizza is made.
Frankly, I think this community doesn't know what hit them with Alex.
Such a talented artist that is just toiling away at these masterpieces, painstakingly remaking almost every car for a game that is frequently regarded as a huge flop, is amazing to me.
Imagine a world where Alex didn't give a crap about this game or moved on like everybody else and there wouldn't have been any of his car remakes for our eyes.
In my opinion the carmageddon spirit is kept alive with this topic alone. I personally see nothing else worth seeing related to this game, other than the progress of this topic. The rest is pretty much done and dusted for me.
This topic is not just about a modding topic, it's about experiencing progress related to classic carmageddon car remakes done PROPERLY after many years of waiting to see them and having Stainless fail at doing some proper remakes.
This is the place to see and hopefully get the car remakes we've really been waiting for ever since Reincarnation was announced.
To have only one guy do all of this is like winning the Lottery.

Edited by: MrDeviance on Thu, 17/08/2017 - 23:21
RoRo's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Fri, 18/08/2017 - 00:53

Eh, I disagree with the sentiment that the people who created the in-game cars had no passion. There's a lot of great designs, and I think it's clear there was a lot of love put into what we got. I mean this game is pretty much a passion project to begin with, after all. :)

That said though, yeah, Alex's stuff is amazing so far. I'm really happy to finally have a normal Suppressor now (the thing that people had been asking from Stainless since god knows when), and that new APC looks bomb as fuck. Mad Mike and FatCat have made some amazing stuff too. There's a lot of incredible talent on this forum. Appreciate y'all. <3

Balls.

AlexTSK's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Fri, 18/08/2017 - 10:23

Thanks for all the praise but I do have to make it clear that I'm not here to blow my own horn.

The reason I got into car remakes and redesigns specifically for this game is because I really love Carmageddon and the ideas behind it. I grew up on C1 and C2 and I figured I had something to contribute in the form of fan art which eventually evolved into modding because all I wanted to do is get better and learn.

The point of the car remakes isn't to show where Stainless have gone wrong. I'm not here to 'fix' anything its more for myself to see how I can improve/change already existing designs and create something that fits my own personal vision. I have my own ideas of what Carmageddon is all about and that's all I'm trying to explore.

Take for example the Eagle R, at first I had expressed my distaste for the generic sports car design but it grew on me over time as I played the game, however the car as it appears in CMD is not quite there in my own opinion but instead of starting over I thought that I could massage what was already there and maybe make it fit my own taste and so far I quite like it.

This game has pushed me to learn a lot of stuff over the last couple of years and I do my best to continue to improve. The fact that the new game even exists is the reason I joined the forum so I'm just happy that CR/MD is here no matter how rough it may be around the edges.

Edited by: AlexTSK on Fri, 18/08/2017 - 10:24
Razor's picture
Piledriver
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModeratorCompetition Winner
Submitted: Thu, 24/08/2017 - 11:12

I've just had to go through and clear this thread of almost 20 completely off-topic replies, please stop derailing threads, especially when they aren't your own.

For all of my Carmageddon stuff visit my site @ http://r.carmajunkies.com
Visit my retro gaming website @ www.retrogameshelf.com

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Thu, 24/08/2017 - 13:21

Razor wrote:
I've just had to go through and clear this thread of almost 20 completely off-topic replies, please stop derailing threads, especially when they aren't your own.

EDIT*

Alex! Haven't u made one APC almost like this ages ago? I remember somebody getting ugly at you for showing off (no?)

Edited by: CzechDeath on Thu, 24/08/2017 - 13:24

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 24/08/2017 - 14:38

I meant to post this earlier. Alex, I can empathise whole-heartedly with feeling a lack of motivation to keep going, whilst probably not for the exact same reasons. Anyway, if you ever want any help with rigging any cars - Feel free to ask, even if it is just with getting the suspension & running gear setup.

Keep up the great work :)

One man... Alone... Wrecking opponents in the Automobile he loves
Twitter Manifestation, Mods for Max Damage

AlexTSK's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Thu, 24/08/2017 - 15:06

@CzechDeath - No I've never made an APC like this, only my very old suppressor which was never finished.

@Mad Mike - Thanks, I'll be sure to ask for help if anything stumps me, right now its mainly about how long things take, not lack of knowledge.

Pages