You are here

Alex's Garage [Multiple Projects Under Way]

Pages

AlexTSK's picture
I was in the War!
Alex's Garage [Multiple Projects Under Way]
#1 Submitted: Sun, 28/09/2014 - 15:54

I'll be posting all my released mods and WIP on said mods in this tread :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex's Garage

SDT Suppressor v1.0

DOWNLOAD LINK

A Reimagining of the Suppressor, this one is part of the State Defense Tech lineup

Model created, textured, and set up in-game by me, AlexTSK

Enjoy!

Mod Installation

Install with Trent's Minge Tool

Known Issues

Spoiler:

- The tyres are offset from the rim in the garage, this is due to the car using legacy code for non-scrolling tyres (The Suppressor has actual geometry for the tyre tread rather than just a texture), nothing I can do there sadly. Works fine in-game

- Minge doesn't support the extra wheels that are supposed to show up in the garage so I've left them out for the time being, once again only a garage issue, the extra wheels are set up and work fine in-game

-The siren doesn't work because the vehicle is not set as a cop, however unlike cops, you can select the car as an opponent without any special scripts.

Changelog

Spoiler:

V1.0 21/04/2017

- Initial Release

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alpha Eagle IV v1.5

DOWNLOAD LINK

The very early cut Pre-Alpha Eagle IV from Carmageddon Reincarnation

Model created by : Stainless Games
Extra UV mapping, tweaking, textures, in-game rigging, Nobby bothering, by me AlexTSK

Mod Installation

Install with Trent's Minge Tool

Known Issues

Spoiler:

- The primary and secondary driveshafts don't rotate, this is currently a bug in the game where parts that use post IK snapping to each other refuse to rotate, this happens on the official cars as too.

Changelog

Spoiler:

V1.5 10/07/2017

- Added:
2 new Rim Styles

- Reduced the size of the hub bolts as well as changed the position of the brake caliper, this should allow the Eagle IV to be compatible with most of the CMD vanilla rims without the hub bolts poking through.

V1.4 29/04/2017

-Fix: Flipped normal maps

V1.3 28/04/2017

- Adjustment: Overall weld strength, wheels will not fall off so easily
- Adjustment: Slight handling/grip adjustment

-Fix: Texture error on the bottom of the front clip has been addressed on all skins

V1.2 27/04/2017

- Added: 5 new skins

- Adjustment: Adjusted emissive map brightness
- Adjustment: Garage names for skins/rims

-Fix: Re-Compressed all textures correctly

V1.1 25/04/2017

- Fix : Reverse body texture had the normal map and spec swapped around causing the reverse side to be very shiny
- Fix : Damage texture normal map dents toned down about 65%
- Fix : The car was classified as the Eagle so it couldn't be selected as an opponent

V1.0 21/04/2017

- Initial Release

Screenshots

Spoiler:

Red Tech Eagle v1.1

DOWNLOAD LINK

The Red Tech Eagle designed, modeled, textured and set up for Carmageddon Reincarnation by AlexTSK

Features

Spoiler:

- Fully functioning suspension
- Interior for in-car view
- 3 alternate colour skins
- Custom wheels and tires, plus 2 alternative wheel choices
- Twin Turbo V8 RT3 Crate Motor and drivetrain
- Fully destructible, damaged textures, detachables, jointed parts, flaps etc

Would be nice but not currently possible/limited/hasn't been figured out/not supported by CarMODgeddon
- Custom Engine sounds
- Custom Driver
- Digital mirrors on the interior, though currently there is no material that can render to texture.
- Digital gauge cluster, damage indicator appearing on one of the in-car monitors, possible working engine indicators, etc

Changelog

Spoiler:
1.1 Changelog

- Changed engine sound to support the new Carmageddon Max Damage names
- Changed several materials to be inline with the C:MD changes.
- Fixed gauge material appearing too bright.
- Headlights/Taillights/Reverse lights now show up properly
- In-Car camera added
- 3 new alternate colour skins

1.05 Changelog

- Fixed unbreakable lights, they are now attached to their own detachable casings
- Added a specular map to the extra rim tires, and repacked extra rims to remove IMG files.
- Material adjustment
- Slightly reduced filesize

1.01 Changelog

- Repacked the mod using TDX textures, significantly reducing the mods size as well as it's loading time in-game
- Brand new default wheels
- Minor weld strength fixes

Known Issues

Spoiler:

- Damage textures show up in the garage, this is a vert color issue i have yet to sort out
- Normal maps are broken (for all mods) GibbedTools doesn't compress normal maps properly, just waiting for a fix.

Screenshots

Spoiler:

Pre-Alpha Eagle R

Pretend like you time traveled with this historical piece of transportation!

DOWNLOAD LINK
Description and Features

Spoiler:
As someone who likes to dig around for cut, unused, and changed content I bring you the Pre-Alpha Eagle R, packaged to work with the latest update.
Model, textures, vehicle setup etc all property of Stainless Games, naturally.

Known bugs/issues
-Some materials may look a little odd since I have not edited them from the original.

The game is a bit restrictive with certain vehicles and cops cant be used as opponents at all so this script will allow just that, thanks to Trent for the code :)

AnyOpponent (Script Mod) v1.0

DOWNLOAD LINK

V1.0 01/08/2017

- This little script allows you to select any vehicle to be an opponent in freeplay as well as letting you play solo without any opponents.
- Career and MP are locked by this, but I still find it useful for testing purposes since you can load into a level very fast if you don't select any opponents

Installation
- Place into your Carmageddon Max Damage\ZAD folder, then rename your scripts.zad folder (I like scripts_original.zad, but feel free to use whatever name you want)

As usual, enjoy and let me know if there is any serious problems.

Work In Progress:

Bare-Bones

Cleaver Redux [Modeling in progress]

Full Resolution

RT Eagle Proto [Modeling in progress]

More screenshots below :

Concept Artwork:

Edited by: AlexTSK on 01/08/2017 - 21:10
MrDeviance's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Sun, 28/09/2014 - 23:36

Can't wait, your stuff is top notch.
Good thing you took the modding section out of rotting because it looks like nobody is posting around here anymore.

Edited by: MrDeviance on Sun, 28/09/2014 - 23:39
FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Mon, 29/09/2014 - 03:21

MrDeviance wrote:
Good thing you took the modding section out of rotting because it looks like nobody is posting around here anymore.

Sorry.

lemonrev's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 29/09/2014 - 07:25

Loving the detail in the car where the driver sits.

Nice work as always :)

shane's picture
Community Manager
Stainless
Submitted: Mon, 29/09/2014 - 10:26

Looking good Bloodstability! Can't wait to check this out in game when it's ready - that dash has some lovely detail in it.

Edited by: shane on Mon, 29/09/2014 - 10:27
AlexTSK's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Mon, 29/09/2014 - 10:48

Thanks everyone! Much appreciated :)

AlexTSK's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Mon, 29/09/2014 - 17:55

Testing Maxine's pickup in game for artifacts and crushyness :)

Fr0nt's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Twitch ChampKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 29/09/2014 - 17:59

FatCat wrote:
MrDeviance wrote:

Sorry.

Sorry isn't good enough, get back to work. Mr. D. expects moar stuff.

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 29/09/2014 - 18:37

Good work man, looking forward to seeing them when it's all finished. Although I'm slightly jealous that you're able to get stuff setup in-game and I'm not, hehe.

One man... Alone... Wrecking opponents in the Automobile he loves
Twitter Manifestation, Mods for Max Damage

AlexTSK's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Mon, 29/09/2014 - 20:59

Mad Mike wrote:
Good work man, looking forward to seeing them when it's all finished. Although I'm slightly jealous that you're able to get stuff setup in-game and I'm not, hehe.

If it's any consolation, I won't be able to load any of the current levels till I get a new PC so I'm stuck in Errol's test map for a while, at least till I make my own test map xD

Southpark2010's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Mon, 29/09/2014 - 21:10

Damn, these car designs are really cool, especially the Eagle's dashboard. Also looking forward to seeing them finished.

Pages

randomness