You are here

Why AD's in a paid application for android OS ?

• Topic locked

Pages

Doctorwhyowhy's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Why AD's in a paid application for android OS ?
#1 Submitted: Wed, 03/09/2014 - 10:33

Support will not reply back to me so I post here.

Why did you turn a game that was AD free into a AD platform for you company ?

It would not be such a pain if it were only a banner but you pop the AD up at start every time.

Now for comic books......seriously ?!?

I have bought every single Carmageddon game ever made but Reincarnation will not be one, why did you feel a need to remind us each and every time we start the game when you know you have a very loyal and cult like following???

Edited by: Errol on 24/09/2014 - 15:50
Doctorwhyowhy's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Wed, 03/09/2014 - 23:49

No comments at all, seriously ?

Espyo's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModerator
Submitted: Thu, 04/09/2014 - 08:23

I've only tried Carma Free (I just got the tablet, I'll buy the real deal soon!), and I haven't seen any ads yet. Are you getting the ads for the full version of the game? And are you sure those ads are the money-grabbing kind, and not just gentle ads for the franchise's own free comic book?

I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a fangame engine for Pikmin games.

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Thu, 04/09/2014 - 09:36

They're not turning it into an advertising platform for the company, they're using it to bring the latest Carmageddon related news to people who play the mobile version but don't follow Reincarnation's development or come to the website. Stainless definitely have a very loyal cult following, but that's not who those news flashes are aimed at. The mobile game is played by a large number of people who had never heard of Carmageddon before and aren't part of that loyal fanbase. The aim of telling gamers playing the mobile version what's new in the world of Carmageddon is to bring those gamers to the website and turn them from "people who play the mobile game" into actual fans of the franchise. I can guarantee a large portion of the mobile gamers didn't know there's a official free online comic being made which can be read on here on the website so putting the news flash about it in the mobile game is a good way to let people know. Did you know about it before hand? The way you're outraged about them advertising "comic books" suggests not.

It's nothing to be getting upset about, it's not like they're filling the game with tons of generic money-making ads for random apps between each race like so many other mobile games do, ratjer they're only informing players of the latest Carmageddon news when the game starts. I haven't even seen them advertise their other games (such as Magic 2015) on their either, it's only showing things relevant to Carmageddon. The more people who become actual fans of the series instead of just playing the one mobile game, the better it is for everyone, why get angry about them trying to expand that fanbase? And surely deciding to boycott Reincarnation over something as petty as these insignificant newsflashes means you're not really part of that loyal and cult like following which you point out don't need these newsflashes?

twisted's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 04/09/2014 - 11:48

Damn you! You have to lower your finger down on a screen one time at the start of a game just like any game would ask you with a start button. The ad is suggesting you to read a free comic made by a community member for the community. Stainless don't even do money benefit on it. It's just for you they're making it. And now you're upset and don't want to buy their games anymore because of that and you're heavy finger? Life must be hard on your side. What a beautiful way to create an account and present you on a forum.

Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 04/09/2014 - 12:41

Haha! ...is this a joke?

... and carmageddon add-ons at road reaction.

Doctorwhyowhy's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Thu, 04/09/2014 - 14:07

Well the add is not a start button, it is a interruption on the way to the start button. And why do I need to see it ever single time the game is run ?

No it is not a joke, now it is one AD, it is the principle of it, it was a paid application. I would not be surprised to see two AD's at some point, and what makes me most mad was long before I changed my review to one star I emailed the folks at this company sever times to ask why if the (Reincarnation) AD was going to be permanent or would it at least go away when the game went retail, and they never bothered to reply.

A simple reply would have been nice but they could not bother, and as far as comic books go I do not care about that in the least bit so why do I need to (click past it) every single time I want to play. My question was do you really think we forget from the last time we ran the game or are you just making sure we got it. What would have been wrong with the AD just once or at least a option to not see it again if (had to lower our finger) to check off the box that said (I got it, yea yea a comic book, thanks for the info)

The only one star reviews are from people like me irate at the AD's, kinda stupid on their part to not want a five star game across the board but they are just going with the majority and thinking who cares.

I have better things to spend my money on then AD platforms for a company, and YES it is a AD platform when they advertise other products they sell, especially non software ones.

I bought ever game these people ever made, but will not bother with Reincarnation, wonder what type of AD's will be in that game after it goes retail. AD's that are not a start button but a button to delay you on to the game.

Oh and the ONLY reason I created this account and this forum post is due to the fact these people would not respond at all to civil and at the time mellow emails.

Edited by: Doctorwhyowhy on Thu, 04/09/2014 - 14:08
HEX1GON's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Thu, 04/09/2014 - 15:23

Oh the horror..

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Thu, 04/09/2014 - 16:13

Doctorwhyowhy wrote:
*rant*

Go see the god damn comic. Maybe then you'll understand why they advertised a FREE thing. Czechdeath is an extremely talented artist and he deserves all the praise he gets. If you're unhappy with that, you can uninstall Carma iOS and stop posting ignorant bait.

You rated the game 1 star for having an ad about something you can go see for free, which was made FOR the community? You are trully a horrible person.

Edited by: FatCat on Thu, 04/09/2014 - 16:16
KakkaHousu's picture
Piledriver
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Thu, 04/09/2014 - 16:17

And if you are too lazy to click Media\Carmageddon official comic on site's upper edge here is link: http://www.carmageddon.com/sites/default/files/comic/eng/ep1/index.html
Russian version:
http://www.carmageddon.com/sites/default/files/comic/rus/ep1/index.html

Espyo's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModerator
Submitted: Thu, 04/09/2014 - 16:28

Uh huh. People rate the game 1 star solely because of an "ad", sure. And you're one of the "loyal fans", but can't even follow the forums to the point of understanding the tremendous amount of work Stainless is swamped in, to the point where they can't afford to reply to pointless e-mails.
I get it, you were just mad because you stepped on a pebble barefoot or something. It's all right, it happens to all of us. Just drink it off, get some rest, come back tomorrow, and we'll see how it goes from there.

I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a fangame engine for Pikmin games.

• Topic locked

Pages

randomness