You are here

Cars by HEX1GON (Latest: '75 Phaedra Palomino (Vigilante 8))

Pages

HEX1GON's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Cars by HEX1GON (Latest: '75 Phaedra Palomino (Vigilante 8))
#1 Submitted: Fri, 29/08/2014 - 10:01

Various cars from games I loved playing as a kid, some may be familiar to you. All ported cars under their game names, are exactly that, directly ported. Some may be retextured by me. However scratch made cars are made from the ground up, completely by myself. I'm a beginner at modeling as C:R as inspired me to do so. Expect this space to grow, and hopefully my skill will develop. I'd love to hear your feedback too :)
**For the current moment, most rims are made by the FatCat right here, so thank you FatCat!**

***To install these is simple, drag and drop the ZAD into the ZAD folder. Then use Trent's CRAP to add the car to your unlocked list***

Made from Scratch/Misc

'75 Phaedra Palomino (Vigilante 8)
A hybrid of the 1970 Ford Mustang, Interstate '76 Palomino and Vigilante 8 Palomino
First car I have ever made completely from scratch, right down to the textures. (It won't be perfect either, so don't bitch :) )
Note: I won't be updating the car (Menu, MiniMap icons, and other finishing touches) until final release of the game.

>>>Download

Spoiler:
PORTS (From various games)

Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions/Double-S.T.E.A.L

PATROL-1

Spoiler:
Quite happy with the features of this one: Breakable glass, a lot of detachables, custom drivers (not animated/real drivers.. will not eject etc), "tail_lights", animated exhausts, fun handling. Really try this one out :)

>>> Download

FUNY-BUG

Spoiler:

>>> Download

Vigilante 8 (Nintendo 64)

'75 Palamino

Spoiler:

>>> Download

'72 Moth Truck

Spoiler:

>>> Download

'67 Rattler v2

Spoiler:

Vigilante 8 2nd Offense (Nintendo 64)

Vertigo Hotrod

Spoiler:

>>> Download

Palomino XIII-BETA2

Spoiler:

>>> Download

Edited by: HEX1GON on 03/10/2014 - 12:50
Mechatron's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sat, 30/08/2014 - 17:44

This is something I never expected. I remember this car, and I like it. What else might you add to Reincarnation?

Gravedrinker's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Sat, 30/08/2014 - 22:37

This is very cool. Thanks for the work, and I'm looking forward to seeing more. I played a bit with this car today and it felt pleasantly oldschool. I think it could be a bit softer; right now it is very sturdy and you have to give it a good beating to deform.

Twitter/Instagram: @Gravedrinker

HEX1GON's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Sun, 31/08/2014 - 03:37

Mechatron wrote:
This is something I never expected. I remember this car, and I like it. What else might you add to Reincarnation?

I'm currently working on the Vertigo Hot Rod.

Gravedrinker wrote:
This is very cool. Thanks for the work, and I'm looking forward to seeing more. I played a bit with this car today and it felt pleasantly oldschool. I think it could be a bit softer; right now it is very sturdy and you have to give it a good beating to deform.

Thanks Gravedrinker, this is my first time putting a car into C:R, currently getting my brain around the configs and structures. It's quite confusing but the more I put into it I'm understanding more. I'll be going back to this car, and looking at how bad I did :p
Maybe, just maybe I might finish my next car today, if I can figure out the engine smoke, still haven't been able to set that position.

lemonrev's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 31/08/2014 - 09:26

HEX1GON Great work on the cars, especially second car with the turbo on the upper half of that car :).

I like the cars your producing :).

Keep this up and you will have more cars than fatcat or trent :P

Just saying :)

HEX1GON's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Sun, 31/08/2014 - 09:35

Thanks Lem, well Fatcat has been producing cars from scratch, I've only been porting. Been wanting to this as soon as C:R was in early access. So very happy to get a chance to do it now :)

RPGWiZaRD's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 31/08/2014 - 10:58

Love driving around with Vertigo Hotrod, such a fun car. :) Very nicely balanced too, fast but somewhat poor traction control (suitably balanced regarding to its speed). Great job!

One of the first things I managed to do with it is jump right into a rock and have Max crushed by his own car (that was some gruesome looking splatter carnage I tell you :p)

Edited by: RPGWiZaRD on Sun, 31/08/2014 - 11:03

CPU: Intel i5-4670K @ 4.4GHz
RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2x8GB (16GB) DDR3-1866 CL9
GPU: Gigabyte Windforce3X GTX 760 (rev2.0) 2GB @ 1186/3200 MHz
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB
OS.: Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 31/08/2014 - 16:52

Awesome to see some old V8 cars. Brings back a lot of memories :) Keep it up

One man... Alone... Wrecking opponents in the Automobile he loves
Twitter Manifestation, Mods for Max Damage

HEX1GON's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Tue, 02/09/2014 - 10:55

Updates, updates, updates:

Vertigo Hotrod - Handling improved

New cars:

Vertigo (Vigilante 8 2nd Offense, not happy with how it turned out. Needs to be scaled)

'72 Moth Truck (Vigilante 8)

Also, thanks for the feedback everyone! :)

Edited by: HEX1GON on Tue, 02/09/2014 - 12:02
HEX1GON's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Thu, 04/09/2014 - 06:38

Another car I'm working on :)

Yfrid's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 04/09/2014 - 07:28

sweet! i loved Vigilante8 2nd offense, i own it on dreamcast tough

Pages