You are here

FC's Modding

Pages

Ohnhai's picture
Artist
StainlessKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 26/08/2014 - 17:04

It looks like it's missing the 'Drivers Box'

This is a set of 8 verts, in the c_Body mesh, that are painted magenta (255, 0, 255, 255) and they should define the corners of the cabin volume. (bottom left/right of the foot well, top left/right of the windshield, top left/right and bottom left/right of the rear cabin bulkhead)

The game should take these verts and construct a box in which it will try and keep the driver by squeezing and pulling where nececcary (if the box gets too small, driver gets gibbed)

You will also need to add the following line (or at least make sure its there) to the CDATA section of c_Body in the structure file

CDamageParameters:Add_DriverBoxVertexColour( 255, 0, 255, 255 )

Enjoy! :D

Ohnhai

Edited by: Ohnhai on Tue, 26/08/2014 - 17:27

Errol's picture
Piledriver
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModerator
Submitted: Tue, 26/08/2014 - 17:31

Excellent info Ohnhai, this shall be added to Flummery post-haste!

:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
Making C:R mods happen since '14!

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Tue, 26/08/2014 - 22:06

Ooooh, i shall add this driver's box, i wasn't aware of its existence.

I'm working on v1.3 which will have damage textures and an interior, I'm also gonna beef up the bodywork so that it's much much stronger to impacts. :)

MrDeviance's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Wed, 27/08/2014 - 01:07

Looking awesome man. Can't wait to see it in it's final version.
The only improvement that I can possibly find for it, is the bodywork texture. I think it looks a tad too clean right now.
I think the bodywork materials wouldn't hurt to look more like the eagle r ones and this also applies to the bumpers.
All in all, this is a very good model, very happy to see you finally being able to put cars in this game.

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Wed, 27/08/2014 - 01:25

(Stealthily updates the link with fixed bodywork strength)

Also, Deviance, i do need to give the paintjob a little dirt n grime, i'm going to add that with the damage textures version. :)

Edited by: FatCat on Wed, 27/08/2014 - 01:27
twisted's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 27/08/2014 - 01:56

MrDeviance wrote:
The only improvement that I can possibly find for it, is the bodywork texture.

Of course there's always place for improvement...for example, there is no frame under, springs, dampers, suspension arms and brake discs. But I do see the amount of work involved in making this car and it's great to see so early someone starting to master the files and what they do. I didn't thought someone could achieve what fatcat did, at least not before the game's release! You even managed to have the motor moving...some coding I thought only batwick could done before we get our hands on the tools. That's excellent m8te, very well done! ;)

Edit: btw, I wouldn't mind if you would consider having some sportey alternative rims. Don't get me wrong, I like the current ones, but I'm not a fanatic of the futuristic look. The rest of the car is pure joy!

Edited by: TwIsTeDMiNd on Wed, 27/08/2014 - 01:56

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Wed, 27/08/2014 - 02:05

TwIsTeDMiNd wrote:

Edit: btw, I wouldn't mind if you would consider having some sportey alternative rims. Don't get me wrong, I like the current ones, but I'm not a fanatic of the futuristic look. The rest of the car is pure joy!

Point me in a direction for the wheels you want and i'll make you some custom wheels that you can use for it

Edited by: FatCat on Wed, 27/08/2014 - 02:07
MrDeviance's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Wed, 27/08/2014 - 02:27

I like the new wheels a lot, however if you ever feel like making extras, maybe you can go attempting to remake the exact look of the original mk2 rims for a retro effect.
But as I said, I already like these ones a lot too.

twisted's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 27/08/2014 - 02:36

Wow, that's great! and since you talk about it, I'm having a hard time trying to figure out the right ones that not only would fit and look sportive, but also could do justice to the original. Well, you know what? I will check further and contact you tomorrow on irc. Thank you so much, you made my day!

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Wed, 27/08/2014 - 09:19

Sportier rims for the FutureHawk MK2, as requested by TwistedMind

Download Here!

Installing these rims is easy, just swap Rim.mdl in the futurehawk's wheel folder in the ZAD for the Rim.mdl in this zip file.

(Note: I've updated the main link to the Hawk MK2 with some beta damage textures!)

Edited by: FatCat on Wed, 27/08/2014 - 09:22

Pages

randomness