You are here

Carmageddon Official Comic Thread!

Pages

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Wed, 13/08/2014 - 18:04

jwb1971 wrote:
Very nice! I would love to see a time-lapse of you creating one of the drawings. I was always interested in how they get done. Great work!

Timelaps ey ? Never done that...

Tipsy's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Fri, 15/08/2014 - 08:56

I'd love to see a yearly hardcover big book release with such nice art on the cover and some shiny bloodspats on it

something along those lines as a layer of cream topping over the the gorgeous art cover

but the blood spats being as shiny as nail polish..that would be sweet on a hardcover release of the comic

nobby's picture
Stainless
Stainless
Submitted: Fri, 15/08/2014 - 09:05

CzechDeath wrote:

What you need is one of these cheap GoPro style cams - they can be set to take pics in a time lapse fashion! Strap it to yer head and off you go! :)

GoPro-alike!

I was in the war.

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Submitted: Fri, 15/08/2014 - 11:41

nobby wrote:
CzechDeath wrote:

What you need is one of these cheap GoPro style cams - they can be set to take pics in a time lapse fashion! Strap it to yer head and off you go! :)

GoPro-alike!

Who knows what parts of my strange life it would capture, better to capture screen directly =D

But I get the promo =D hehe is it chnise knock off of chnise original?(as ussually =)

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Submitted: Fri, 15/08/2014 - 11:50

Tipsy wrote:
I'd love to see a yearly hardcover big book release with such nice art on the cover and some shiny bloodspats on it

but the blood spats being as shiny as nail polish..that would be sweet on a hardcover release of the comic

Well that would need to draw extra cover image somethin juicy... gotta ask my hand...

Hand what do you think?

CzechDeath's DrawingHand wrote:
,,l,-

Well hand sais ...erm ... that why not and with pleasure ... and now it dropped pen and starts to choke me... ugh ... argh....

CzechDeath's DrawingHand wrote:
...More like CzechDead Muhahahhaaa >:(
Edited by: CzechDeath on Mon, 18/08/2014 - 10:35

Tipsy's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Fri, 15/08/2014 - 13:14

:D that reminds me of the arm transplant scene in the movie Repossessed ,here at 12:08 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44vJ15uDv9o#t=728 ..I watched this one so much as a child,happy times

nobby wrote:
What you need is one of these cheap GoPro style cams - they can be set to take pics in a time lapse fashion! Strap it to yer head and off you go! :)GoPro-alike!

Awesome saucy ,I wanted to buy it in a heartbeat when I opened the link.. but perhaps its best if I leave my prepaid mastercard empty for a while in order to come to my senses..although,since it is so compact it doesn't seem like a pain to take along everywhere like my big-ass ol' Nikon..the battery life seems rather short so perhaps an extra is needed for trips

with the bloodspats of the " Dog Blood " image above in mind,
think about a subtle relief for those bloodspats but especially a glossy/matte contrast

well this was the best I could find for now..think the bloodspats (and juicy carma art?) glossy
Only a black cover wouldn't do your nice work much justice.. so thinking about the contrasts with matte and glossy and something like this

the buildings and the top could be matte and the center strip of carma art + bloodspats glossy
but then the strip of art should be more centered perhaps

After some more searching for the effect that is stuck in my mind,it seems to be referred to as 'glossy/matt lamination' hardcover
And I found a much better example :

Edited by: Tipsy on Fri, 15/08/2014 - 15:37
Scarathias's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Fri, 05/09/2014 - 04:01

Yeah not to shabby, I don't generally read comics. I think the only ones I've really read very much are the VG cats comics. That first comic It seemed a bit short but again it was the first. I'm am interested in seeing what's next.

So much more than . . . twisted metal
*Divepunk* on Steam

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Submitted: Fri, 05/09/2014 - 08:30

Scarathias wrote:
Yeah not to shabby, I don't generally read comics. I think the only ones I've really read very much are the VG cats comics. That first comic It seemed a bit short but again it was the first. I'm am interested in seeing what's next.

How long episode would you have in mind?

The Unbreakable Kavinsky's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Submitted: Fri, 05/09/2014 - 08:59

Tipsy wrote:
:D that reminds me of the arm transplant scene in the movie Repossessed ,here at 12:08 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44vJ15uDv9o#t=728 ..I watched this one so much as a child,happy times

nobby wrote:
What you need is one of these cheap GoPro style cams - they can be set to take pics in a time lapse fashion! Strap it to yer head and off you go! :)GoPro-alike!

Awesome saucy ,I wanted to buy it in a heartbeat when I opened the link.. but perhaps its best if I leave my prepaid mastercard empty for a while in order to come to my senses..although,since it is so compact it doesn't seem like a pain to take along everywhere like my big-ass ol' Nikon..the battery life seems rather short so perhaps an extra is needed for trips

with the bloodspats of the " Dog Blood " image above in mind,
think about a subtle relief for those bloodspats but especially a glossy/matte contrast

well this was the best I could find for now..think the bloodspats (and juicy carma art?) glossy
Only a black cover wouldn't do your nice work much justice.. so thinking about the contrasts with matte and glossy and something like this

the buildings and the top could be matte and the center strip of carma art + bloodspats glossy
but then the strip of art should be more centered perhaps

After some more searching for the effect that is stuck in my mind,it seems to be referred to as 'glossy/matt lamination' hardcover
And I found a much better example :

Hey Tipsy, I cant help but ask but with that miami art book, how much of the art is based on Miami Vice?

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Submitted: Sat, 06/09/2014 - 19:38

heh I hope nobody quotes this fror third time...

Pages

randomness