You are here

Carmageddon Official Comic Thread!

Pages

Mad_Maxine's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Submitted: Sat, 02/05/2015 - 21:07

Time to write some crap,

Insted of just writing 'boobs' or something in a pun like way I am genuinly going to talk about things I enjoy, about this comic, a kinda Review thing, Just so ya know dont worry Czd its mostly posative :P

Maxis short comic review:
Pros:
The art style is very suited to carmageddon, To be honist with you I cant imagine a carmageddon comic being drawn in any other way, style of the art, way cars and people are drawn, the blood is ofcorse unrealistic and splatters more than it would, wich is great because carmageddon is never Simulated violance,I feel you captured the likness of the characters pretty nicley there, and the diffrent atmospheres of each map too.
Storys, the storys are short, funny, and actully give us a small look into what happend to each of these drivers, giving them just a little more depth, but not enough to make it a story driven game :P, and segway boxing needs to be in CR somewhere, even if its just a poster, or TV ad,
Chester draws boobs well :| actully he draws all human forms well, and there all varied, wich is nice, I like the cool varied and diffrent peds, rather than sticking with generic characters that dont matter.
Its also cool to have some mild explinations as to how some things in this world work, such as repairs, and powerups, wich were touched on in the comics. And the eastereggs are allways fun to find in drawings.
Also the way you draw crushing cars and twisting metal is awsome, really is.

So yeah, I dont know who deserves credit for what, but this is more my kind of thing than most 'real' comics, or web comics really, I just ejoy it.

Cons:
I dont want this to sound negative, and I understand Why things are like this,

Storys sometimes feel rushed and pushed into a few scenes - While I allways like the storys, it kinda feels like too much happens in one panel at times, I understand why this is done, otherwise the comics would be way too long, take too long to make, and be a lot of pressure on poor Czech.

uhh. clutching at straws here, I dont wana sound like a suck up or nothin but yeah theres not much I dont like :/ distand stuff looks a little simplified but thats to be expected, ya coverd a lot of the stuff I like in carma and the comic jsut feels 'Right' im using those too much ' ' ' '

So, Onto this, What does the next comic need? well the same kinda stuff that. it has?
So, funny comentary, puns, an intresting yet not taken too seriusly story,
and well, we havent really seen Otis, Vlad, or that much of Stig in this series, hopefully there will be a little more about them in the next series,

and finally
Stuff I like that may/may not end up in comics, Who knows whats gona happen, Some of these things are more likley than others.

Cops, We havent seen much of the cops yet, would be nice to see them screw up more for our fellow carmageddon racers, Just like they do for us, oh the fustration, This seems like it could be a posibility..?

A bikini carwash.. Because hey Im Max, I was gona say it eventully right? I personally think everything needs one of these, GTA, Saints row, Carma, And the carma comic,.. Ok this is pretty unlikley to actully be in any but, if I dident speek my mind it wouldent be the same right..

Footbawl!,. To me the stadium is one of the most iconic things in carma, Thats just me personally, stand out memorys from carma other than pixel violance and crazy cars, was going to the stadium, everyone im sure has a memory of the stadium, since its back in the new carma, well.. I just feel maybe there should be atleast a scene there?

Bazookas girls? uhh.... .hmm I dont really have any excuses here I just wana see how Czech would draw them? -shrugs- also did anybody else think tank girl?

More unusual cretures!?, Ok so were pretty unlikley to see.. demons, mermaids, crab people, or such in the comic, but Im kinda obsessed with the idea of a walrus and a manatee, I cant see any Possible way to fit walruses or manatees into the comic but.. eh.. if I wrote it it wouldent make much sense.... youve seen what kinda comics I do. Most of the time im not even fully awake during my idea planning.

Douglas... again no idea how to involve him, and it will probly piss off some members of the community... and stainless, to see his fluffy butt in the carma comic, but yeah maybe as an easteregg it would have worked. I dunno..

annnd personally I wana see something involving Ed hunter, and Agent orange, but thats very unlikley :P heh, there just too cool tho. also king merc would be nice to see..

So yeah
TL;DR version

I like the comic, I have no idea what nobby and Czech are planning for us, I just wanted to type some indecipherable nonsense for a while. Sorry for the flood post. I like typing!. personally Id just be happy with car crashes and topless sunbathers but, whatever im usually easily amused, . . . yes Amused, I cant wait to see what ya have in store for us tho, Im sure most of us will be happy with it, I also really hope theres lots of little hidden gems in the pics to search for :P

Someone should make a Wheres max, book or something,...

If don were naked would you even have to censor it?....

ok ill stop typing now..

My Cars/Peds/Maps/Skins: http://demontailmods.webs.com
View the comic game from start to finish: http://imgur.com/a/diaO6

uoɯǝp ǝɥʇ ʞɔɐɥ ɐʞɐ - I am the Last Poster, the killer of topics. Fear me

SCare's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Tue, 09/06/2015 - 08:56

Trent, if you read the Tozzer's TDR comic you understand what I mean. Carmageddon doesn't have plot like it. Not deeper meaning, drivers backstories are just outlines in info screen. Carmageddon's manuscripts lenght is just one line: Kill everybody. I don't doubt that CzechDeath/Sim/Nobby can't make good comic with ingredients that Carmageddon gives.

KakkaHousu's picture
Piledriver
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Tue, 09/06/2015 - 11:47

Spambot wrote:
Trent, if you read the Tozzer's TDR comic you understand what I mean. Carmageddon doesn't have plot like it. Not deeper meaning, drivers backstories are just outlines in info screen. Carmageddon's manuscripts lenght is just one line: Kill everybody. I don't doubt that CzechDeath/Sim/Nobby can't make good comic with ingredients that Carmageddon gives

Came up with your own speech, plagiarist.

Little criticism for CD, you explain too much in captions. Example: ''Shirley finishes oft the job by power of anvil launcher.'' We can see that, no need to tell it.

Edited by: KakkaHousu on Tue, 09/06/2015 - 11:47
CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Tue, 09/06/2015 - 11:55

KakkaHousu wrote:
Little criticism for CzD, you explain too much in captions. Example: ''Shirley finishes oft the job by power of anvil launcher.'' We can see that, no need to tell it.

=D Thaks for the crit... You just contributed to make next thing even better!

Edit*

But we don't make things there without reason behind them. The caption explains the situation to the reader, who perhaps did not play CR yet. Hence does not know what is an anvil launcher. Therefore the caption explains why the huge anvil crushed Project-X, so hopefully the reader can perhaps go like: "Oh anvil launcher? Dammit gotta play that game already!" =D

And/or general. Those seemingly unnecessary captions sometimes simply explain situations to solve potential confusion for someone who is not entirely in the know, about what is possible in the CR universe.

Edited by: CzechDeath on Tue, 09/06/2015 - 13:02

Mad Mike's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 19/06/2015 - 20:59

I have no problem with the captions, every time I see them - I just imagine the in-game announcer/Nobby saying it.

One man... Alone... Wrecking opponents in the Automobile he loves
Twitter Manifestation, Mods for Max Damage

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Fri, 02/10/2015 - 13:55

Mad Mike wrote:
I have no problem with the captions, every time I see them - I just imagine the in-game announcer/Nobby saying it.

Haha same here actually! =D

Pages