You are here

Carmageddon Official Comic Thread!

Pages

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Sat, 09/08/2014 - 10:51

KakkaHousu wrote:
New comic every month? How do you have time for that? And does it have plot now? I don't know how that going to work in Carmageddon, in game that doesn't have depth. But we are going to see.

I would guess writing the scripts for a 6 page comic each month doesn't take that long to do between two people and CzechDeath is a very hard worker when it comes to drawing. I would assume the next few were already being worked on already. Do you mean depth in the game's world? It's got lots of depth, a load of great characters with plenty of implied backstory based on the levels and things in them, e.g. Magnuchem being totally inept and causing environmental damage. If this first comic is anything to go by, however, then the comics' plots will be entirely based characters (e.g. Their personalities, interactions and individual machinations) and not be some sort massive overarching plot explaining the origins and purpose of everything in the Carmageddon world.

KakkaHousu's picture
Piledriver
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Sat, 09/08/2014 - 13:51

Trent, if you read the Tozzer's TDR comic you understand what I mean. Carmageddon doesn't have plot like it. Not deeper meaning, drivers backstories are just outlines in info screen. Carmageddon's manuscripts lenght is just one line: Kill everybody. I don't doubt that CzechDeath/Sim/Nobby can't make good comic with ingredients that Carmageddon gives.

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Sat, 09/08/2014 - 15:33

Yup I've read that TDR comic and what you said completely fits that comic, which was made entirely by a seperate company as work-for-hire commissioned by a publisher based on a game made by a developer who shoehorned a storyline into it, none of the parties involved actually understood Carmageddon.

This comic is totally different, like I said it seems to be a character based comic and not a plot based comic, written by one of the guys who originally created the franchise and his protégé. The characters may only have one line of "backstory" in the game, but that's all they need, just a look at them shows they aren't just anonymous and generic characters who need convulted back stories to be interestin! but they are real characters in every sense of the word with distinct personalities. It doesn't need a "deep meaning" to be a fun and enjoyable comic which holds true to the Carmageddon spirit.

flynia's picture
Norman E. Carnage
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Sat, 09/08/2014 - 23:12

Awesome work guys! This comic is brilliant!

CPU: Intel i7 4770k
MOBO: ASUS Z87-A
RAM: 32GB G.Skill TridentX
GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Strix 8GB OC‎
STORAGE: 2 x Crucial M550 512GB and 3TB Seagate
SOUND: ASTRO A40 + MixAMP via Soundblaster Z
CASE: Thermaltake Armor Revo

Terr's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 10/08/2014 - 11:01

Very cool! Doubly so because I'm learning Russian at the moment, so it's great to try and read it in that language too :)

Edited by: Terr on Sun, 10/08/2014 - 11:48
Electric Blue's picture
Norman E. Carnage
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Mon, 11/08/2014 - 08:27

Wonderful job, CzechDeath, congratulations. I enjoy the hell out of your comics. I'm not an expert but they look entirely proffessional. They are also very well representative of Carmageddon. Thank you for making this happen.

Can your older pages also be incorporated in Douglas Hamster Comics? Maybe as some other micro series or a compilation. They still fit perfectly, in my opinion. Black background is way better.

Edited by: Electric Blue on Mon, 11/08/2014 - 08:30
CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Submitted: Mon, 11/08/2014 - 12:32

Electric Blue wrote:
Wonderful job, CzechDeath, congratulations. I enjoy the hell out of your comics. I'm not an expert but they look entirely proffessional. They are also very well representative of Carmageddon. Thank you for making this happen.

Can your older pages also be incorporated in Douglas Hamster Comics? Maybe as some other micro series or a compilation. They still fit perfectly, in my opinion. Black background is way better.

Whole bunch of people is standing behind this.

Older pages are not in focus of this effort so far.

TaerKast's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 11/08/2014 - 18:51

KakkaHousu wrote:
Comic moved from C1/C2 world to C:R world I see. I like how you draw car crashes. Very powerfull.

''The “Versus” comics will feature a series of interlinked episodes scheduled for release every month.''

New comic every month? How do you have time for that? And does it have plot now? I don't know how that going to work in Carmageddon, in game that doesn't have depth. But we are going to see.

They seem to be telling short stories rather than telling a detailed plot, and that's fine by me.

KazzyMac's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 12/08/2014 - 00:02

I laughed my ass (er, arse) off.

See?! Carmageddon-ers can be friends on the track! That ending though - d'awwww. :D

Carmageddon: Let's face it; reality is BORING.

My Lam0r Rig.

jwb1971's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Tue, 12/08/2014 - 04:49

Very nice! I would love to see a time-lapse of you creating one of the drawings. I was always interested in how they get done. Great work!

Pages

randomness