Pages

dvine's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Twitch - Weekly stream feedback...
#1 Submitted: Thu, 03/07/2014 - 03:17

Hey Stainless Streamers!

Note: This is a rather long thread...

Forgive me in advance if I offend any stainless legends here, just wanted to share my personal thoughts and opinions - and hope that stainless staff see this as constructive feedback rather than an attack or favouritisms of any sort.

I am a massive fan of the streams, but unfortunately I can never catch the live twitch stream as I am generally fast asleep here in the Land of Oz. These streams do occur at 2am local Sydney time and as a result have to watch the recording on YouTube which is fine given the circumstances...

Anyhow, this has been quite the annoyance for a significant amount of time (well since the dawn of these streams), I am hoping to provide some insight from my end, perhaps I am skewing a little out of proportion here but I can’t help but feel quite annoyed when I watch these streams. I hope this feedback will better the streams (in my opinion) moving into the future.

Now on with the annoyance *begin rant*

I am constantly toggling my volume control when watching these streams, it seems that Sim is overly LOUD when talking and commenting on her game play.

I feel quite annoyed that when Nobby is explaining the mechanics, giving a run down or answering a question, Sim tends to yell over Nobby to emphasise that she has done something “funny” in the game, which distracts Nobby from explaining the topic in which he is speaking of. At the same time I have to put my volume down because her voice is so much louder than Nobbys. Once she has done with her ramble or sudden joy of gameplay madness, I then need to increase my volume again to listen to what Nobby is saying.

*end rant*

Perhaps the reasons for this occurring is that Sim seems to lean forward substantially, where Nobby is lazed back in the casting couch. :D *joke*

Perhaps another reason is that the microphone is placed directly in front of Sim, in that case maybe shifting it over to Nobbys side may address the issue significantly, would be good if we could get their vocal volumes aligned a little better. This will help with constant volume shifting.

Perhaps it is just a combination of both?!

Anyhow, I know it would be silly to ask Sim to stop yelling over Nobby, as this is not a fair request (it is who she is), but I do ask that maybe if she does not yell over Nobby it might be a little easier to watch and catch what Nobby is actually saying! If you want proof, just watch any of the previous Nobby & Sim streams, it happens time and time and time again...

Now that I am done with the bagging side of things - so sorry, more of a greeting suggestion. I quite like how Jason the Garbarian co-hosts the streams (with Nobby), he is quite insightful and brings quite a good balance to the stream. Let me explain what I mean here, Jason actually talks about the game – he asks good and relevant questions about the game and its future, he also asks Nobby about previous his previous C1, C2 experiences etc. I am yet to see any other co-host do this. So with that being said, he brings a positive vibe to the stream, his demeanour is great and I get quite the laugh from his jokes and LOUD burps (the exception)! Ohh and I do not have to put the volume up and down constantly as he does not yell over Nobby. When he does something good in the game, he’ll do something funny with his face or throw up some hand signs showing he just did something good, which is great because it does not interrupt Nobby. So if Sim is going to co-host, perhaps she can do some of this! Maybe even script up some questions of her own...

With all that being said, the previous (25th June 2014) Nobby & Jason stream was a much more enjoyable stream to watch! Got some great info out of that stream and quite the laugh.

I hope that I have not bagged Sim too much here, but these are just some ongoing annoyances and some current positives of the streams. Hope this feedback is useful moving into further streams.

Ohh btw Nobby, you are doing an A1 job in the streams, continue doing what you are doing!

Love you all <3

Micksy's picture
Norman E. Carnage
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Thu, 03/07/2014 - 04:30

This outta be good...

Agreed with the timeslot issue - I'm an Australian too.

I believe they start them after work at 5pm? Maybe one time they could do one before work...8am?

Agree that Sim does yell over the top of Nobby, but I guess I just put up with it cos it's free.

One thing I don't like is when they put their cups/bottles down and I assume the mic is on the table cos BANG!

I didn't really like Jason last week, I felt he spent most of the last part of the stream clarifying what he wanted to say...a few too many whiskys?

It's hard to complain when I feel they're doing us a favour by doing the streams.

RPGWiZaRD's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 03/07/2014 - 10:45

I have no problem with the audio really, I'm using a good pair of headphones though. I've never needed to adjust the volume, I just use the normal volume setting I use when using the computer and it's at the point Sim's yelling is slightly loud but not annoying loud and I can still hear nobby perfectly well and I'm a Finn, not even native english speaker and I've never had trouble understanding nobby without having to adjust the volume because of Sim's yelling in excitement of the game (which frankly to me is a plus since we have some1 who actually is really enjoying playing this game), he expresses himself so clearly IMO so it's not an issue.

Oh and I gladly have Sim over drunk-Jason. Jason talks too much about life and other topics (I don't want to talk about other games in a Carmageddon twitch session) and doesn't seem to have the same kind of enthusiast about the game itself. Oh and Sim's a lot prettier to look at. xD

Personally I'm just glad we have these twitch sessions for starters, it's the highlit of the week to me, the CMT (Carmageddon Median Time) :)

Edited by: RPGWiZaRD on Thu, 03/07/2014 - 11:01

CPU: Intel i5-4670K @ 4.4GHz
RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2x8GB (16GB) DDR3-1866 CL9
GPU: Gigabyte Windforce3X GTX 760 (rev2.0) 2GB @ 1186/3200 MHz
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB
OS.: Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1

wiski's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 03/07/2014 - 10:54

I have no criticisms for a free stream that updates us on the game that they don't have to do. The less effort and time spent on making the stream nicer the better, as that leaves them more time to work on the game.

Edited by: wiski on Thu, 03/07/2014 - 10:56
twisted's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 03/07/2014 - 11:41

Ok guys please stop that, this is starting to be ridiculous and embarassing a little seeing you judging who you like the most, etc.. How can you critics someone be what he is as a human being...I mean, I can't believe you have the decency to do that! This thread is hurting me to the highest point. Our favorite developer is doing us a favor by responding to our wishes in a funny and happy manner when they are not even obliged to do so. I always had a good time laughing during the twitch coz I think their hapiness is contagious and I wouldn't change anything because I think this is refreshing to see such a good vibe in a game studio.*breathe* Although they must deal with a lot of criticism, they have always stayed positive (especially nobby) and I express my gratitude and raise my hat to him for that! But this? I'm not so sure the things discussed here will be well received. It is doing more harm than good. There is things that needs to be said and things that must be kept for yourself and you're blurring the line too much there. Keep in mind these twitch are a present for us and we should be grateful for that! 16 years back from now, such a cooperation between a developer and it's fanbase wasn't even possible. Remember that. I don't even know why I must step in here. This thread...we don't need that!

Stainless rocks!!

Edited by: TwIsTeDMiNd on Thu, 03/07/2014 - 11:56

dvine's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Thu, 03/07/2014 - 12:15

TwIsTeDMiNd wrote:

Read what I wrote again, I am not criticising here, far from it.

I am providing feedback in what I consider to be proper manner, I am not being rude, nor am I going over the top with my feedback. This feedback is light hearted, if you chose to read into it in a negative way, well then that is the way you interpret it - this is definitely not harsh feedback and I took time to write it out properly to avoid mis-interpretations (such as yours).

I was trying to be humble about it, I cant help that I feel annoyed at her yelling over Nobby. I said I love the streams and love what Nobby is doing here. Did I say anything negative apart from trying to help find a solution to what "I" think could be improved?

Now TwistedMind, are we not open to freedom of speech? I am not sure of what kind of democratic world you live in, but last I heard people in the US, England and Australia we were free to voice their opinions equally.

Sorry I pushed your buttons, but I think you are over-reacting.

Enjoy your day...

Mad Max RW's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 03/07/2014 - 12:51

This whole thing could have been shortened to "stop yelling over nobby, please" and leave it at that.

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Thu, 03/07/2014 - 13:05

Edited by: CzechDeath on Thu, 03/07/2014 - 13:05

twisted's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 03/07/2014 - 14:01

Quote:
Sorry I pushed your buttons, but I think you are over-reacting.

This reply was not only dedicated to you, so keep that in mind. Well, I am not over reacting. Fact is...it is really starting to be annoying seeing people complaining about everything...Sim yelling; I mean common, let her express herself, she's having good time and what? She's herself this is all that matters. And it doesn't bother me that much, not enough for starting a thread dedicated to that "big" of a problem like you make it sounds to be. If nobby have a problem concentrating, he will tell Sim about it. I could defend myself about freedom of speech, negativity, democratic stuff and shit, but I don't think it's necessary and I don't have time right now, sorry.

Edited by: TwIsTeDMiNd on Thu, 03/07/2014 - 14:41

Micksy's picture
Norman E. Carnage
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Thu, 03/07/2014 - 21:30

Surely this could be soolved by moving the mic over to Nobby's side?

It's not gonna cost anything, just a suggestion to make it better.

dvine's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Thu, 03/07/2014 - 22:56

Mad Max RW wrote:
This whole thing could have been shortened to "stop yelling over nobby, please" and leave it at that.

Very true. I did however want to explain why I suggested this, bit hard to say that without it being considered an inappropriate request or arrogant thread.

TwIsTeDMiNd wrote:
This reply was not only dedicated to you, so keep that in mind.

Thanks, that's good to know, was not trying to get on anybody's bad side.

TwIsTeDMiNd wrote:
Fact is...it is really starting to be annoying seeing people complaining about everything...Sim yelling;

It is not a complaint, it is feedback based on my perception of what appears to be happening, if you decibel measure the differences between the two, you will see that Sim is definitely a lot louder than Nobby is, and I am pretty certain it is all boils down to microphone position and body position.

TwIsTeDMiNd wrote:
I mean common, let her express herself, she's having good time and what? She's herself this is all that matters.

If you read what I wrote, you will see that I mentioned that she is who she is, and that I should not ask her to change who she is, that would be silly and unethical. But I did make a suggestion on what I think would make the streams more pleasant, and that is for her not to yell over Nobby. Perhaps it was the way I was brought up, but when somebody is talking, it is rude to yell over the person talking (I see it as manners).

TwIsTeDMiNd wrote:
And it doesn't bother me that much, not enough for starting a thread dedicated to that "big" of a problem like you make it sounds to be.

Well, once again I do apologise. It bothered me enough to start my own thread about it, and I carefully worded the thread so it was not interpreted in an undesired way. Obviously no matter how you word things, some people will just automatically see it as negativity. I am not you, so I chose to start a thread over it. Don't like it, well don't read it. This thread was not created for you to critique.

Talk about throwing things out of perspective. I never said it was a "big" problem. How did I make it sound to be such a large issue? Because the thread is rather long and I provided an explanation to my thoughts?

TwIsTeDMiNd wrote:
If nobby have a problem concentrating, he will tell Sim about it.

Obviously Nobby would not have a problem with it because he is not the one who has to hear the yell through the microphone (which does have the tendency to emphasis louder noises). If the microphone was moved over to Nobbys side, it would likely correct the issue (that is obviously quite evident to me).

TwIsTeDMiNd wrote:
I could defend myself about freedom of speech, negativity, democratic stuff and shit, but I don't think it's necessary and I don't have time right now, sorry.

Well you made it sound that way, with your defensive backlash. I am not asking you to explain yourself, because I really do not care about what you think about Freedom Of Speech. But it appeared that you made a willing attempt to "STOP" us in what we were doing (which has been edited out shortly after your initial post)!

Anyway, this is my first feedback thread in my 2 years and 10 months of being a forum member, so I do not think I am apart of the "negative" group of people hating over the game, its developers or its present state. I am providing personal insight on what "I" think is fair and easily do-able, which in turn should not affect anybody or dampen their mood in any way, shape or form.

People on this forum tend to jump at anything that appears to be negative feedback and defend, however there is nothing to defend over. This is personal feedback (that they will likely take with a grain of salt - whether they decide to take my suggestion on board is totally their call). I never once suggested that what they are doing is BAD or TERRIBLE, I am in fact very grateful that Carmageddon is making a return and they are making an ongoing effort to answer all our questions in their personal time with their weekly Twitch stream.

Pages