You are here

Collection of Gameplay Videos (v0.3.0.5644) [Max Quality+Load Times]

Veritas's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Collection of Gameplay Videos (v0.3.0.5644) [Max Quality+Load Times]
#1 Submitted: Sun, 22/06/2014 - 04:21

These videos were taken on relatively high settings. See bottom for Maximum Quality (unplayable mostly)

This is a video of High Quality Load time, See below for Maximum Quality load time

---

---

These are maximum quality

This is Maximum Quality Load Time

---

Edited by: Veritas on 22/06/2014 - 06:57
MrDeviance's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Tue, 24/06/2014 - 08:54

You played the game on 1080 maxed out and you uploaded every single gameplay video of it in 480p?

Veritas's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Submitted: Wed, 25/06/2014 - 08:56

MrDeviance wrote:
You played the game on 1080 maxed out and you uploaded every single gameplay video of it in 480p?

I record with 'Half-Size' option set in Fraps. Even with the reduced size it still takes hours to upload the larger videos.

Maximum quality is unplayable at the moment. Perhaps when it isnt a slideshow I'll upload a higher resolution vid.

MrDeviance's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Thu, 26/06/2014 - 03:41

Veritas wrote:
MrDeviance wrote:

I record with 'Half-Size' option set in Fraps. Even with the reduced size it still takes hours to upload the larger videos.

Maximum quality is unplayable at the moment. Perhaps when it isnt a slideshow I'll upload a higher resolution vid.

Next time you upgrade your pc, go with nvidia.

Mpegforever's picture
Fluffy Bunny
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Sat, 28/06/2014 - 20:26

That was fast compared to my 3 to 4 minutes from when I click "START" to when the countdown starts.
Do you think it's more a RAM issue or CPU issue or what ?

thanks
Alex

Mpegforever's picture
Fluffy Bunny
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Mon, 04/05/2015 - 19:20

So it's time for me to buy a new desktop ! Good !
Of course I'd like to get one that runs decently Reincarnation....you think a quad core i7 with 8GB RAM and Nvidia GTX-770 is good enough ?
I don't need 1080p gameplay, I just need it smooth also at lower res.
Pls comment, thanks
Regards
Alex

skyNET's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Competition Winner
Submitted: Mon, 04/05/2015 - 20:14

In theory, yes. I would wait for full release if I were you, though (if you're patient maybe a few more patches too). And wait for performance reports before deciding to buy anything.
Right now CPU is the chokepoint, a 770 should be more than enough for this.
Just an idea in advance - there is no huge difference between ivy and haswell performance-wise (a few % depending on which models are compared) so:
- If you plan to upgrade the CPU in the next few years (without needing to switch the motherboard) then go for haswell, e.g. i7-4xxx. Socket LGA1150 (also called H3) will be compatible with the upcoming broadwell series of chips.
- If you want to spare a few bucks and don't plan to switch the CPU in the near future go for ivy, e.g i7-3xxx. Motherboard socket LGA1155 (also called H2).
- Not CPU related, but worth a mention, look for RAM with high speed (x Mhz, right now 1600Mhz has best bang/buck ratio) and small latency (CL x-x-x-y or CL x, smaller is better), for overall best performance. And make sure that the motherboard bus (also seen as Support FSB) can handle the RAM speed.

DeathReborn's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 04/05/2015 - 22:31

skyNET wrote:
In theory, yes. I would wait for full release if I were you, though (if you're patient maybe a few more patches too). And wait for performance reports before deciding to buy anything.
Right now CPU is the chokepoint, a 770 should be more than enough for this.
Just an idea in advance - there is no huge difference between ivy and haswell performance-wise (a few % depending on which models are compared) so:
- If you plan to upgrade the CPU in the next few years (without needing to switch the motherboard) then go for haswell, e.g. i7-4xxx. Socket LGA1150 (also called H3) will be compatible with the upcoming broadwell series of chips.
- If you want to spare a few bucks and don't plan to switch the CPU in the near future go for ivy, e.g i7-3xxx. Motherboard socket LGA1155 (also called H2).
- Not CPU related, but worth a mention, look for RAM with high speed (x Mhz, right now 1600Mhz has best bang/buck ratio) and small latency (CL x-x-x-y or CL x, smaller is better), for overall best performance. And make sure that the motherboard bus (also seen as Support FSB) can handle the RAM speed.

For socket 1150 it's advised to get a x9x (Z97 for example) if the plan is to upgrade to Broadwell as Intel leaves it to the motherboard makers for Z87 supporting Broadwell.

RAM wise divide the MHZ by the CAS Latency to get a performance index number. You want to get to 240 or higher - http://www.anandtech.com/show/7364/memory-scaling-on-haswell/10

I do agree on waiting for release or even first reviews if they appear before launch to gauge what is the best to get for his budget. But i5/i7 Haswell & 8GB Minimum for RAM. AMD are supposedly releasing their new range in June so that might shake up GPU prices a bit.

skyNET's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Competition Winner
Submitted: Tue, 05/05/2015 - 03:07

DeathReborn wrote:
For socket 1150 it's advised to get a x9x (Z97 for example) if the plan is to upgrade to Broadwell as Intel leaves it to the motherboard makers for Z87 supporting Broadwell.

That I wasn't aware of, thanks for correcting!

DeathReborn wrote:
RAM wise divide the MHZ by the CAS Latency to get a performance index number. You want to get to 240 or higher - http://www.anandtech.com/show/7364/memory-scaling-on-haswell/10

Didn't heard about that "golden index", it's a thing to remember!
With that in mind though, one can pay stellar prices for the RAM when chasing this index, hence revise my standpoint, so 1866/CL9 is the most cost effective for general use. Also considering I haven't seen any RAM below CL9 nowadays, CL10(and above) is just as widespread, especially at higher speeds. (around these parts of the planet of course) It's harder to reach lower latency at higher speeds, I would assume.

Edited by: skyNET on Tue, 05/05/2015 - 03:13
Bonus for artistic impression's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Tue, 05/05/2015 - 11:12

First off: i'm not an expert. Second: it is a hobby of mine helping other people out who are in the market for a new pc to help them get something worth their money and not overpaying for something they don't need or will use. (so i know a little/enough with that in mind)

Having said that, perhaps we should continue this conversation in a seperate topic? (offtopic blabla)

Anyway, at this moment in time there seems to be an (expensive) transition from DDR3 to DDR4 memories with all the new processors and their respective supporting motherboards going on. Because of this transition i tell most people who are thinking of replacing their old PC to wait a few months, perhaps another year until DDR4 support (and DDR3 i hope) will become cheaper.

If people insist on upgrading their PC, assuming they already make use of DDR3 memory, i advice to only upgrade to a cheap, for instance Z97 motherboard and a relatively cheap i5, something like the 4690. That should be do-able for roughly 300 bucks. Everything else should be interchangable and it should be a fairly cheap upgrade to last another two years, perhaps. By that time DDR4 will be more interesting and also DirectX 12 should have enough to offer for most pockets.

On the memory latency discussion: there are quite alot of DDR3 CL7 and CL8 kits out there, you just have to pay for them accordingly.. Last time i checked i saw an 1866 16GB CL8 kit from i believe Gskill for roughly 150 bucks..

Cheers,

B.

randomness