You are here

Invisible Peds?

PaulStation's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Invisible Peds?
#1 Submitted: Sat, 31/05/2014 - 16:37

Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find anything that matched my problem.
I've just got a new Ipad mini and have tried restarting and reinstalling multiple times but whenever I start the game various graphics and animations are just plain missing. Fist thing I noticed was the animated faces at character selection were gone. This carries through to when I start a race as there is just a grey box in the top left corner. Biggest issue is that the pedestrians are completely invisible. They are there because I can hear them and even get points if I actually hit one.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

peterpan's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sun, 01/06/2014 - 00:18

I have the same problem. I didn´t change iOS or anything else. Everything was fine, I played a lot. Yesterday I launched the game and the faces and the cars before starting are invisible. The controls have changed and cannot be fixed. Unplayable condition now!

peterpan's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sun, 01/06/2014 - 08:19

I didn´t try reinstallation, because I dom´t want to loose the progress I made so far (94%).

Edited by: peterpan on Sun, 01/06/2014 - 09:32
Checkpoint's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sun, 01/06/2014 - 08:52

Same problem, the version 1.5 update broke a lot of the graphics. Prat cam, vehicle selection, power ups, pedestrians, the gas pedal, and maps are all missing.

peterpan's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sun, 01/06/2014 - 09:32

Ah sorry, there was a change: THE UPDATE!!! Since then it´s a mess.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.1

shane's picture
Community Manager
Stainless
Submitted: Sun, 01/06/2014 - 10:31

Hey guys,

We have recently discovered there is an error in the version we uploaded to the iTunes store. We are currently fixing this issue and sending the build for review at Apple. We are hoping that the new version will be checked and approved soon but please stand by while we do this as it's in the hands of the approval process with Apple.

Our sincerest apologies and your patience while we correct this is appreciated.

peterpan's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sun, 01/06/2014 - 18:51

Thanks!!

Guitargadfly's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sun, 01/06/2014 - 22:04

I created this account just to post about this bizarre bug. I have the same problem, and more.
It started just after I installed an update that was offered. I have Esay, med & hard level choices.
The graphics in those choices are now a blank square. The cars are also missing in the change car screen
The gas pedal is now missing, as are all the pedestrians.

Methinks the bug update was a big goof. Please carma folks, for one of your oldest customers (played in on a Mac G3 ca 2001)
fix this soon.
Ps, i have the game in an ipad, i OS 7.1.1

PaulStation's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sun, 01/06/2014 - 23:26

Thanks for the update Shane. Good to know it's getting sorted and it's not a problem with my ipad.

shane's picture
Community Manager
Stainless
Submitted: Mon, 02/06/2014 - 09:16

Just a quick update - the new version is in review with Apple so we hope that it will be approved and available soon.

shane's picture
Community Manager
Stainless
Submitted: Mon, 02/06/2014 - 22:34

We've just published a new version of the app which addresses the bugs introduced in the previous version. Updating your version to 1.6 will fix the graphical issues.

Thanks for your patience whilst we corrected this and apologies for any inconvenience caused.