You are here

Invisible textures on wheels?

HEX1GON's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Invisible textures on wheels?
#1 Submitted: Fri, 23/05/2014 - 07:31

I had this thought for a while and not sure if there's any textures which allow to be completely opaque. I'm mainly wanting this on wheels for a current car (if you can call it that) to be ported in C:R.

Here's the umm loosely use the term "car":

From the previous game the 'car' had hovers on the front and one wheel at the back as you can see. So I'm wondering if it's possible if anyone knows, to place two small invisible wheels at the front by a texture.

I'm also wondering with 3 wheel cars will be supported C:R, anyone know if this has been mentioned? There has been chatter about 2 wheel vehicles but not 3 as far as I know.

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Fri, 23/05/2014 - 07:37

Well, i know that three-wheeled things are gonna be possible because project x has three tracks, so three wheels technically shouldn't be a problem. also, invisible wheels could be most likely possible by having collisions for wheels, but no actual models for them. There would probably need to be a flag to have a lack of tire skids for the front wheels. Also, it should be possible to have more than one set of tires since Vlad wont have identical tires for the front and rear in the later versions, that'd just be silly.

This should be possible, but it'll be flawless only if you can make front-wheel skids disappear.

Does C:R have car-specific Flags that give them special features? Like for example: Permanent EBR, unpoppable tires, tracked wheel physics, non-ejectable driver, etc.

Edited by: FatCat on Fri, 23/05/2014 - 07:42
HEX1GON's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Fri, 23/05/2014 - 07:51

Pretty good point, I forgot about ProjectX completely. Unpoppable tires would be a good option since having invisible derimmed tires on the track would be rather surprising :P