You are here

[Skin] Demon (WIP)

Pages

CoffeyCup's picture
Piledriver
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 22/05/2014 - 13:53

I'll have to try running from the command line. When I drag the PNG over the BAT file it doesn't convert. But dragging over the EXE it does. But the HUE is all wrong so I use my hack explained above.

EDIT: but first I'll try the updated file, thanks!

Edited by: CoffeyCup on Thu, 22/05/2014 - 13:54
Festae's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Submitted: Thu, 22/05/2014 - 13:58

Trent wrote:
Just use the bat files in that update. Drop the images over CompressDXT5 and it will handle it for you.

Just so you're aware, when you're told to add a switch to a command line that means opening up the windows Command Prompt, navigating to the folder and running the program from there with the switch added after the program's name, such as: Gibbed.Duels.TdxConvert.exe --d5 "path\to\your\image.png"

I tried that, but I failed miserably to do it correctly lol.. it's been a loooong time (actually, since carmageddon 1 came out) that I've done anything in a command prompt.. lol

so ok, that gives me more direction for that, but I will certainly give the new files a go as well, thanks!

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Thu, 22/05/2014 - 13:59

CoffeyCup wrote:
I'll have to try running from the command line. When I drag the PNG over the BAT file it doesn't convert. But dragging over the EXE it does. But the HUE is all wrong so I use my hack explained above.

EDIT: but first I'll try the updated file, thanks!

I've also fixed some issues with the bat files with this version, particularly in relation to encoding from other folders. There's also now bat files for compressing multiple files at once and bat files for compressing without mipmaps.

EDIT: I just reuploaded it to remove a line of code which held the window open until a button is pressed so grab it again.

Edited by: Trent on Thu, 22/05/2014 - 14:30

Festae's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Submitted: Thu, 22/05/2014 - 15:17

well, coffees work around worked, though its not exactly the right color, but its not blue!

I had just gotten done trying that way out before trent updated the tool (which now doesn't work at all for me, though I haven't tried the command prompt way yet..)

Pages

randomness