Pages

RagingR2's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 30/07/2018 - 07:47

MrDeviance wrote:
How naive and how cute :D
If you want I can mail you something.
I have a used up balloon but it's only been used once with a girl at a party.
I can mail it to you if receiving things from strangers that don't care about you seems to make you feel better...
Otherwise you can keep waiting for the other strangers to mail you that plastic toy, indefinitely.

I'm pretty sure we all know by now how cynical you are on this subject.
There really isn't any need or use for you to repeat your cynical views (even if they may be justified) everytime a new person posts his thoughts.

Edited by: RagingR2 on Mon, 30/07/2018 - 07:48
CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Mon, 30/07/2018 - 18:26

... and so after decades of awkward waiting, It finally happened and he can prove it by sending out used preservative.

but still congrats I guess =D

Fr0nt's picture
Piledriver
Twitch ChampKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Sun, 05/08/2018 - 16:39

maybe its time to create our own T-shirts: "I Backed C:R and i didnt even get my lousy t-shirt"

dnakhain's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 09/09/2018 - 09:34

Great, now we have neither the physical rewards nor our own custom "I Backed C:R and i didnt even get my lousy t-shirt" shirts.

Everithing is improving... XD

MrDeviance's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Wed, 26/09/2018 - 09:12

It's both funny and sad that this is literally the last remaining partly active topic out of the entire forum...
Carmageddon: Reincarnation/ Max Damage/ Crashers all managed to kill the brand worse than Duke Nukem Forever killed it's brand.
At least, Duke4.net still has active people to a degree and there are still people hopeful that one day Duke Nukem will see a remake done in the style of Doom 2016
Personally, I think Stainless should sell Carmageddon to a studio that has the budget and the man power to reboot the franchise and so should Gearbox with Duke Nukem.
Duke Nukem would be handled so great in the hands of the current id software team.
As for Carmageddon, hell anybody would do a much better job at this point...

I am not that bothered by the fact that Carmageddon failed as a series after the last game, because such things happen all of the time in this unforgiving game industry especially in this day and age.
What truly bothers me is the way Stainless acted and still does to this day with this deadly silence.
They started so friendly and open and communicative acting like they were everybody's friend around here on these forums and when they fucked up they quickly ended up in a graveyard deafening silence mode like a bunch of kids that got caught cheating at a test and didn't have anything to say in their defense other than to blush and look stupid in front of everybody.
They didn't come up with any excuses for their failure, they didn't try to bullshit their way out of this situation, they didn't even do any false promises of them trying to create more games in the future.
They just straight up went dead silent everywhere and this forum still being up is the only testament to their company still existing in a form.
As I said many times before, I am personally convinced that they are done with games forever, unless they win the lottery and get money to burn on more failures.
But they could at least bid us farewell and say something in their defense or admit they fucked up.
This strategy of not giving a fuck and hiding from their fans for more than a year is really cowardly and bullshit.

Edited by: MrDeviance on Wed, 26/09/2018 - 09:27
CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Wed, 26/09/2018 - 14:23

Mintydog's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 06/10/2018 - 10:57

What are you all doing over there in the office? Absolutely nothing? I wouldn't be surprised if you threw all the T shirts on a big bonfire and had a good old chuckle.

You obviously have no intention of sending ANYTHING out! Other than disappointment.

guido's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 18/10/2018 - 14:13

Mintydog's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 01/11/2018 - 18:25

Stainless=Thieves

KevinKC's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Mon, 05/11/2018 - 13:13

Come on people, give them a break.
Things couldn't have gone any worse for a Carmageddon reboot. The game was released unfinished, which probably means they didn't have any money anymore to spend on it. Because of the low framerate problem on release, players were enticed to pirate it instead of buying it in case it wouldn't work properly on their high-end configuration. Then the game was released finished under a different name but critics completely ignored it or even trashed it. Also, players simply didn't understand what was good about it. And ultimate irony, the game was released on the 8th july 2016, one week before the Nice terrorist attack in France where a man killed 86 people by running over them. It really wasn't a time at which a PS4 player was going to talk about a super funny game in which you run over pedestrians.

You backed the development of a game, it tragically failed. That's all.

Edited by: KevinKC on Mon, 05/11/2018 - 13:16

Pages