You are here

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Pages

Legomeaker101's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Posts: 188
Submitted: Thu, 03/08/2017 - 14:19

yuske wrote:
argan wrote:
They seem to have long stopped responding to e-mails and kickstarter messages.

They've stopped responding to questions about it on twitter, and a ticket I've opened 2 months ago is still open...
https://carmageddon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/5834

I honestly don't care anymore. Feels like I've just passed all of the grief stages.

I used to love this game in the past, but the disappointment is so hard that I can't remember the last time I played on Steam. I'm just coping with the fact that I'm never getting that goody ball bag or anything else, it was just cash given away.

To me, it's good luck and good riddance.

good idea don't enjoy the only thing they gave you after paying 150$ because you are mad that they didn't give you something they promised on the kickstarter while people like me have to play the inferior ps4 version because we didn't get a mac/linux version

if cars aren't meant to crash why do they have air bags?

yuske's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Posts: 29
Submitted: Thu, 03/08/2017 - 15:15

Legomeaker101 wrote:
good idea don't enjoy the only thing they gave you after paying 150$ because you are mad that they didn't give you something they promised on the kickstarter while people like me have to play the inferior ps4 version because we didn't get a mac/linux version

I can't understand if you're ignoring something on purpouse or trying to misread what I've said.
Piece by piece, as Jack would have it. Starting with the "Good idea, don't enjoy" part. I stopped playing exactly because I couldn't "enjoy" the game.
Then, "the only thing they gave you" - considering what I expected as 1 game and a plentyful ammount of physical rewards, and I've got some games and no physical rewards, I really think you should read again.
Next, let's move on to "after paying $150" - the first correction is, as I've mentioned, the ammount of cash - the goody ball bag tier was $350, not $150. So there.
And then "because you are mad". I'm not mad, I just said, I'm disappointed. You do know the meaning of the word, right? I look at the game, I remember the promises, I remember how long it's been since nobby or anyone else said anything about the backers, and I feel sad. I feel let down.

I was going to say something on the lines of "boohoo ps4", but you finish with "because we didn't get a mac/linux version" - so you should AT THE LEAST understand the feeling I've mentioned, if not feel the exact same.

Anyway, don't bother to quote me an answer - this will be my last post around here until we have any news about the missing promised rewards.

As I've said, good riddance.

Legomeaker101's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Posts: 188
Submitted: Fri, 04/08/2017 - 03:24

yuske wrote:
I can't understand if you're ignoring something on purpouse or trying to misread what I've said.
Piece by piece, as Jack would have it. Starting with the "Good idea, don't enjoy" part. I stopped playing exactly because I couldn't "enjoy" the game.
Then, "the only thing they gave you" - considering what I expected as 1 game and a plentyful ammount of physical rewards, and I've got some games and no physical rewards, I really think you should read again.
Next, let's move on to "after paying $150" - the first correction is, as I've mentioned, the ammount of cash - the goody ball bag tier was $350, not $150. So there.
And then "because you are mad". I'm not mad, I just said, I'm disappointed. You do know the meaning of the word, right? I look at the game, I remember the promises, I remember how long it's been since nobby or anyone else said anything about the backers, and I feel sad. I feel let down.

I was going to say something on the lines of "boohoo ps4", but you finish with "because we didn't get a mac/linux version" - so you should AT THE LEAST understand the feeling I've mentioned, if not feel the exact same.

Anyway, don't bother to quote me an answer - this will be my last post around here until we have any news about the missing promised rewards.

As I've said, good riddance.

1.If you spent 350$ then you should try to at least enjoy the game (try that suppressor mod Alex made or some of those awesome mods made by other fans)

2.Kickstarter isn't a place where the creator is obligated by law to give you what you paid for it's a risk and you chose to take that risk do you see the ks icon next to my username? No because I prefer to pay 60 bucks for a game that got made and not a promise that I might get something

3.the original promise was ONE LEVEL not a complete game

if cars aren't meant to crash why do they have air bags?

AluminumHaste's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Posts: 31
Submitted: Fri, 04/08/2017 - 12:12

Legomeaker101 wrote:

2.Kickstarter isn't a place where the creator is obligated by law to give you what you paid for it's a risk and you chose to take that risk do you see the ks icon next to my username? No because I prefer to pay 60 bucks for a game that got made and not a promise that I might get something

There would not be a game without Kickstarter. The only reason you HAD the option to pay 60$ for a "game that got made" was because of the contributions of the Kickstarter backers. You're welcome.
We ensured that this game would get made. Remember? Stainless couldn't secure funding to make it, they had to prove their was a market for it still, and the kickstarter campaign did just that.

Really this thread should be locked to Kickstarter backers only, fucking plebs.

Atarugolan's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Posts: 9
Submitted: Sun, 06/08/2017 - 14:49

AluminumHaste wrote:
Legomeaker101 wrote:

2.Kickstarter isn't a place where the creator is obligated by law to give you what you paid for it's a risk and you chose to take that risk do you see the ks icon next to my username? No because I prefer to pay 60 bucks for a game that got made and not a promise that I might get something

There would not be a game without Kickstarter. The only reason you HAD the option to pay 60$ for a "game that got made" was because of the contributions of the Kickstarter backers. You're welcome.
We ensured that this game would get made. Remember? Stainless couldn't secure funding to make it, they had to prove their was a market for it still, and the kickstarter campaign did just that.

Really this thread should be locked to Kickstarter backers only, fucking plebs.

The problem Stailess don't want block this post at the only backers, because much time the Thread go out of topic and is much easy to manage, if is only backers he need to check.

So the problem is Stainless are thieves, robber, thief etc. He have demonstrated how the Kickstart is bullshit, so we need to boycot Kickstarter, because at person like that.

I Loved Stainless, so much, for that i have give at him a lot of money, but I see all person is same, he get but not give.

Edited by: Atarugolan on Sun, 06/08/2017 - 14:50
argan's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Posts: 27
Submitted: Tue, 08/08/2017 - 05:12

And now we learn they've been pouring money into a new project/mobile game without fulfilling or even letting us know anything about the rewards.

What the hell.

There's really not a problem wíth Kickstarter itself. I have backed Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity, Shadowrun, Moebius, Torment: Tides of Numenera, Dead State, Shadowgate and Forsaken Fortress.

Of those, every single one have worked flawlessly (with delivered rewards in good shape, continuous updates to backers and so forth) except Forsaken Fortress, which fell through due to an underestimate of the budget. But hey, that was fine because the devs let us know a while into the project. Of course it's never fun losing money, but that's part of the risk involved in kickstarting a project. And they let us know about it! Unlike Stainless, which appear to be completely comfortable giving us backers a middle finger and leaving us hanging.

Edited by: argan on Tue, 08/08/2017 - 05:34
Fr0nt's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Twitch ChampKickstarter Backer
Posts: 493
Submitted: Tue, 08/08/2017 - 10:45

it was no secret they were working on a mobile game.

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Posts: 2989
Submitted: Tue, 08/08/2017 - 16:10

Atarugolan wrote:
So the problem is Stainless are thieves, robber, thief etc. He have demonstrated how the Kickstart is bullshit, so we need to boycot Kickstarter, because at person like that.

Yes, without a doubt Stainless used the kickstarter to steal your money. The whole point was to take that $500k and run and they totally got away with by using the ingenious scam of actually making a game which cost like ten times that to much make. Such dastardly rascals.

Quote:
except Forsaken Fortress, which fell through due to an underestimate of the budget. But hey, that was fine because the devs let us know a while into the project.

I understand that. It's a bit like how Stainless made it clear they had underestimated the budget by doing a big announcement about getting a few million in extra funding from Les Edgar back before Reincarnation's pre-alpha was released, right?

Quote:
And now we learn they've been pouring money into a new project/mobile game without fulfilling or even letting us know anything about the rewards.

We now learn (early last year, shortly after Max Damage was announced) they've been pouring money (likely invested by AIG) into a mobile game (which obviously re-uses and modifies a lot of existing assets and uses Unity with a small team for a relatively quick and cheap development) without (yet) fulfilling the rewards. Yeah, screw Stainless for keeping the money flowing, what are they, a business?

Sarcasm aside, backing a game on Kickstarter is a huge risk to backers, Kickstarter make this abundantly clear before you press the "pledge" button. Actually making a game is an even bigger risk to developers. If a game does not make enough money (or, as is often likely, loses significant amounts of money) then the developers have two options: move onto something else which might make money or shut the business. Developers can desire more than anything in the world to keep working on a project forever and do everything they originally promised their fans but they won't be able to if there isn't the money to do it. Fans end up anywhere between disappointed and angry, while developers end up anywhere between heartbroken and unemployed.

People are talking about the huge amount of money they spent on backing the game so let's talk about money in proper perspective. Most gamers really don't appreciate how fucking massive the cost of making games is and how difficult it is for the vast majority of games out there to make that money back. $600k sounds like a huge amount of money which you could make anything with, but in reality it's just enough to cover running a studio of a dozen people for a year, less when you take out fees and money spent on the rewards. This game took over five times as long as that with a team four times that size. Expensive shit, right? Then there's other stuff which costs money, such as contracting specialist companies to create sound effects, licensing music (Zero Signal doesn't come cheap), licensing middleware such as Yebis and Umbra, paying for development software and hardware, etc. The money involved in making games is insane, even at the level of a small independent studio like Stainless.

But they surely made loads of money on C:MD, right? Sure. Just take a look at somewhere like SteamDB to see a good estimate of how many people own the game and multiply it by the cost of buying it on steam to have a good overestimation of how much money it made, what with substantial amounts of those players being given free keys by kickstarter backers, people buying it in sales and steam taking a cut of sales. To you or me it would be a life changing amount of money, but to a games studio which has put millions in to make a game I think it's safe to say the game didn't sell nearly as well as it needed to. Shane keeps saying they are still working towards fulfilling the rest of the rewards and will let everyone know when more details are available. I'm just making a guess here off the top of my head based on all this public knowledge, but rather than them working on Crashers instead of fulfilling rewards, maybe it's possible that getting more money coming into the company from another project such as, oh I dunno, a small mobile game, could be part of working towards fulfilling the rewards? Just a thought.

Helomyname's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Posts: 244
Submitted: Tue, 08/08/2017 - 16:43

Why are you defending shitty anti-consumer practices? Just curious

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Posts: 1832
Submitted: Tue, 08/08/2017 - 20:30

Trent

Pages

randomness