You are here

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Pages

RagingR2's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 04/07/2017 - 13:59

CzechDeath wrote:
You don't know what you are talking about. I was there I have takled to the devs personally and boy are you wrong. (unfortunately) the KS campain "success" basically means nothing, the releasing (not so successfull if you recall) of the game, means nothing > Whether the game, sales enough, to keep company afloat, to generate enoug money so that it prospers, THAT is what determines what is success.

First of all, no need to get aggressive... I don't think I was saying anything outrageous.
Secondly, I am sure you're right. A succesful Kickstarter does not mean they made huge (if any) profits on the game. But this is no way to reward your Kickstarter backers, who enabled the first 'spark' to let you make the game. Nowhere did I see a huge disclaimer like "we're only gonna send you these backer rewards if the game becomes a sufficiently large financial success". They promised rewards in return for a backing on Kickstarter, so they should deliver them. Otherwise don't make promises...

Sure, you know you're taking a risk when you're backing a Kickstarter, but that shouldn't be an excuse for them not to deliver on their promises. You know it sometimes happens, but I hope that this won't be their defense if we don't get anything at all in the end.
Also, I hope for their sake that they haven't put their hopes on crowdsourcing to help fund any future projects, if that's the way they handle promises to their backers.

Anyway... what are you trying to say by claiming the game wasn't a huge success? It sounds like you are defending that we might not see the rewards come our way, like ever. That is not the official position of Stainless, as of yet. Well we haven't heard from them in a while, which isn't much better, but if and when they talk about it, we usually here that eventually we will get the rewards.

Edited by: RagingR2 on Tue, 04/07/2017 - 14:00
CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Tue, 04/07/2017 - 14:08

Helomyname wrote:
There is no need to defend Stainless, CzechDeath.

The backers that donated more than $100 have been fucked over, the kickstarter is done, the game is released.

CzechDeath wrote:
Whether the game, sales enough, to keep company afloat, to generate enoug money so that it prospers

Since they are already developing another title (Carmageddon Crashers) and putting their money into that instead of shipping/getting the kickstarter rewards in the first place, i think its pretty obvious where their priorities lie. They got the money, they made the game, people have been scammed. I know you're defending Stainless because you 'like' Shane and Nobby, but please try looking at this through an objective light. They are doing nothing to redeem themselves.

hahah whatever you say... armchair assumptions and all that.
However I'm not here to change your opinion, nor to defend anybody =D I can only tell you that illusions got shuterred, good or bad and thus I might be standing on more solid ground, than you are with my assumptions.

Edited by: CzechDeath on Tue, 04/07/2017 - 14:12

RagingR2's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 05/07/2017 - 06:33

CzechDeath wrote:
However I'm not here to change your opinion, nor to defend anybody =D I can only tell you that illusions got shuterred, good or bad and thus I might be standing on more solid ground, than you are with my assumptions.

That was a bunch of words!
You weren't really saying anything however...

They promised to send us rewards. They didn't send them yet.
They keep postponing the moment when they will send out rewards.

Are those armchair assumptions?

They could have calculated the shipping costs before making Kickstarter promises.
They could have foreseen the risk that the game would not become a commercial success, even when the Kickstarter succeeded gloriously.
If commercial success was necessary to be able to fulfill the promised Kickstarter rewards, they could have warned us about that in advance.
They could send us an update like every 6 months.

Are those also armchair assumptions?

Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 05/07/2017 - 11:07

They could have... they could have... they could have...
They would do a lot of things differently if they could go back in time. They'd probably not rely on crowdfunding at all. There's been a lot of mistakes, physical gifts being the biggest one (along with setting a stretch goal before the original goal is reached, IMO).
If we were put in their shoes back then, it's safe to assume we'd have a similar chain of decisions. I mean, it's easy to point out faults in retrospect.

It's pretty obvious that C:R/C:MD isn't a commercial success and I guess they're focusing this much on the mobile title to reach a more comfortable situation where they'll have the possibility to look back at what they left unfinished and fulfil it. That's how I see it.

A bit more transparency would be welcomed and interesting, I understand the same reply from them every 6 months is disappointing to say the least.

... and carmageddon add-ons at road reaction.

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Wed, 05/07/2017 - 14:10

RagingR2 wrote:
Are those also armchair assumptions?

Yes - Go there, visit them, talk to them, you will understand... nothing else to be said.

Pages