Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 28/04/2017 - 07:09

So, no new updates then?

Torick's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 07/06/2017 - 06:04

Celebrating 5 years since the end of Kickstarter Carmageddon campaign and the beginning of the Great Anticipation.

Edited by: Torick on Thu, 08/06/2017 - 02:31
RagingR2's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 07/06/2017 - 11:51

Torick wrote:
Celebrating 5 years since the end of Kickstarter Carmageddon campaing and the beginning of the Great Anticipation.

Amen.

It's very sad, but frankly I have given up hope that we'll ever recieve anything now.
A big part of that is the lack of communication from Stainless; it's a bad bad sign if you ask me.

Also; I have pretty much finished the single player campaign of 'Max Damage' by now, so frankly I have stopped caring.
By the time we recieve anything, if and when we recieve anything, it'll be like, "Yay!! -- two T-shirts for a game I finished like 3 years ago!"
When the heck am I ever gonna wear those?

It would have been fun wearing them in the period leading up to the release of the game (by which I mean "Reincarnation").
Right now, send them straight to poor people in Africa for all I care, there's someone who has more use for those T-shirts than me, at this point.

As for the money I spent: I'll try to forget it to get over the anger.
I wanna get on with my life. I know that sounds dramatic, but we're not talking about the kind of money that I spend on a daily basis...
However I am done being frustrated about it at this point, so I am just gonna try my best to not think about it ever again.
In a way that's gonna be hard though, because what it will be, is an everlasting reminder to never spend big ammounts of money on a game through "Crowdfunding", like ever again.

From now on my money is gonna go to finished games AND merchandise. First show me the goods, and then I'll spend a normal market value ammount of money on your game and any T-shirts. Without an ETA of multiple years.
That's a sad conclusion for small (indy) game developers. But that's the unfortunate effect of a crowdfunding mess like this.

Edited by: RagingR2 on Wed, 07/06/2017 - 11:53
yuske's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 07/06/2017 - 15:42

RagingR2 wrote:
Torick wrote:
Celebrating 5 years since the end of Kickstarter Carmageddon campaing and the beginning of the Great Anticipation.

Amen.

It's very sad, but frankly I have given up hope that we'll ever recieve anything now.
A big part of that is the lack of communication from Stainless; it's a bad bad sign if you ask me.

By the time we recieve anything, if and when we recieve anything, it'll be like, "Yay!! -- two T-shirts for a game I finished like 3 years ago!"
When the heck am I ever gonna wear those?

It would have been fun wearing them in the period leading up to the release of the game (by which I mean "Reincarnation").
Right now, send them straight to poor people in Africa for all I care, there's someone who has more use for those T-shirts than me, at this point.

As for the money I spent: I'll try to forget it to get over the anger.
I wanna get on with my life. I know that sounds dramatic, but we're not talking about the kind of money that I spend on a daily basis...

I wanna upvote, like, fave and share this so hard.

The only part I disagree is about leaving the crowdfunding scene. I've had more than my share of great fundings, like Halcyon 6, Orion Trail, Exploding Kittens, TerraTech, Basement, Timespinner, Children of Morta (the last trhee still both in dev) - but I'm never again forking US$350 (specially when it means almost R$1k at the time, more now) for goodies.

Carma:R was the first time I had the funds to do so, but will also be the last I crowdfund no matter if I can later. I don't mind giving up 10-15 bucks for a game that can just flop - but that kinda cash for promised awesome physical goodies... never again.

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Thu, 08/06/2017 - 09:12

Somehow you keep forgetting that money you've spend were primarely for the developement. While the frustration from not recieving the reward goods is still valid, dont make it sound like you have purchased bunch of t-shirts for 400$ and stainless did not deliver, while they delivered you one and a half game, basically ... I'm not saying the situation is ideal by any streach. but lets be reasonable over here...

For example. Eversince I've seen how challenging the KS rewards actually are for the staff of any company, I just dont want any physical rewards from any project out there that I since supported vie KS.

If anything this is good learning experience. Pick your projects and be prepared that they can fail, or the reward system can fail. If you are not prepared for that dont support projects with your money...

Edited by: CzechDeath on Thu, 08/06/2017 - 09:15

CitizenSwift's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 08/06/2017 - 10:38

I think a "Sorry guys, this ain't gonna happen." would go down better than the silence. It's sad that the backers that stumped up the most cash are the ones that got none of the rewards. Even the $100 backers got something.

RagingR2's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 03/07/2017 - 23:00

CzechDeath wrote:
Somehow you keep forgetting that money you've spend were primarely for the developement.

Part true... I mean it would be even worse if the game didn't come out. But the money was certainly also for the physical goodies, or we could have all chosen a much lower, cheaper tear.

CzechDeath wrote:
while they delivered you one and a half game, basically ...

Don't get me wrong, I like the game very much. I think "one and a half game" is being quite generous by the way; I mean it's basicly the same game with some minor updates and a slightly different menu, or am I missing something?
That was not my main point in this thread however, so please don't let it sound that way. I mean we got a perfectly fun game to play.

Quote:
but lets be reasonable over here... For example. Eversince I've seen how challenging the KS rewards actually are for the staff of any company, I just dont want any physical rewards from any project out there that I since supported vie KS. If anything this is good learning experience. Pick your projects and be prepared that they can fail, or the reward system can fail. If you are not prepared for that dont support projects with your money...

I don't think I'm being unreasonable, and I don't think what you said is entirely fair.
I mean the project succeeded... more than succeeded even. They overshot the Kickstarter target amount by a fair margin, they finished the game (which is a fine game and very fun to play), and it's been out for quite some time now. All a lot of people are waiting for now is the physical rewards that were promised in the kickstarter. I think it's fair to expect to recieve the rewards that were promised in the Kickstarter campaign ESPECIALLY since the Kickstarter did succeed (and more than that), and the game was made and got succesfully released.

And also this:

CitizenSwift wrote:
I think a "Sorry guys, this ain't gonna happen." would go down better than the silence.

And especially this:

CitizenSwift wrote:
It's sad that the backers that stumped up the most cash are the ones that got none of the rewards. Even the $100 backers got something.

I mean if the problem is that sending all the stuff out is expensive, and maybe that's a problem because the game didn't sell as many copies as hoped, then please just let the Kickstarter backers now... Asking for a donation to cover the shipping cost is better than what is happening now: complete silence from their side for a few years now.

Edited by: RagingR2 on Mon, 03/07/2017 - 23:01
RagingR2's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 03/07/2017 - 23:08

The last update (date edited) to the first post of this topic was in 2014.
The last reply by a staff member in this topic was june 2016.
And apparently they said something about the physical rewards on Twitch in july 2016 -- the same month that Max Damage was released.

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Tue, 04/07/2017 - 11:55

RagingR2 wrote:
I mean the project succeeded... more than succeeded even.

You don't know what you are talking about. I was there I have takled to the devs personally and boy are you wrong. (unfortunately) the KS campain "success" basically means nothing, the releasing (not so successfull if you recall) of the game, means nothing > Whether the game, sales enough, to keep company afloat, to generate enoug money so that it prospers, THAT is what determines what is success.

Edited by: CzechDeath on Tue, 04/07/2017 - 12:02

Helomyname's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Tue, 04/07/2017 - 13:17

There is no need to defend Stainless, CzechDeath.

The backers that donated more than $100 have been fucked over, the kickstarter is done, the game is released.

CzechDeath wrote:
Whether the game, sales enough, to keep company afloat, to generate enoug money so that it prospers

Since they are already developing another title (Carmageddon Crashers) and putting their money into that instead of shipping/getting the kickstarter rewards in the first place, i think its pretty obvious where their priorities lie. They got the money, they made the game, people have been scammed. I know you're defending Stainless because you 'like' Shane and Nobby, but please try looking at this through an objective light. They are doing nothing to redeem themselves.

Pages