Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 28/04/2017 - 07:09

So, no new updates then?

Torick's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 07/06/2017 - 06:04

Celebrating 5 years since the end of Kickstarter Carmageddon campaign and the beginning of the Great Anticipation.

Edited by: Torick on Thu, 08/06/2017 - 02:31
RagingR2's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 07/06/2017 - 11:51

Torick wrote:
Celebrating 5 years since the end of Kickstarter Carmageddon campaing and the beginning of the Great Anticipation.

Amen.

It's very sad, but frankly I have given up hope that we'll ever recieve anything now.
A big part of that is the lack of communication from Stainless; it's a bad bad sign if you ask me.

Also; I have pretty much finished the single player campaign of 'Max Damage' by now, so frankly I have stopped caring.
By the time we recieve anything, if and when we recieve anything, it'll be like, "Yay!! -- two T-shirts for a game I finished like 3 years ago!"
When the heck am I ever gonna wear those?

It would have been fun wearing them in the period leading up to the release of the game (by which I mean "Reincarnation").
Right now, send them straight to poor people in Africa for all I care, there's someone who has more use for those T-shirts than me, at this point.

As for the money I spent: I'll try to forget it to get over the anger.
I wanna get on with my life. I know that sounds dramatic, but we're not talking about the kind of money that I spend on a daily basis...
However I am done being frustrated about it at this point, so I am just gonna try my best to not think about it ever again.
In a way that's gonna be hard though, because what it will be, is an everlasting reminder to never spend big ammounts of money on a game through "Crowdfunding", like ever again.

From now on my money is gonna go to finished games AND merchandise. First show me the goods, and then I'll spend a normal market value ammount of money on your game and any T-shirts. Without an ETA of multiple years.
That's a sad conclusion for small (indy) game developers. But that's the unfortunate effect of a crowdfunding mess like this.

Edited by: RagingR2 on Wed, 07/06/2017 - 11:53
yuske's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 07/06/2017 - 15:42

RagingR2 wrote:
Torick wrote:
Celebrating 5 years since the end of Kickstarter Carmageddon campaing and the beginning of the Great Anticipation.

Amen.

It's very sad, but frankly I have given up hope that we'll ever recieve anything now.
A big part of that is the lack of communication from Stainless; it's a bad bad sign if you ask me.

By the time we recieve anything, if and when we recieve anything, it'll be like, "Yay!! -- two T-shirts for a game I finished like 3 years ago!"
When the heck am I ever gonna wear those?

It would have been fun wearing them in the period leading up to the release of the game (by which I mean "Reincarnation").
Right now, send them straight to poor people in Africa for all I care, there's someone who has more use for those T-shirts than me, at this point.

As for the money I spent: I'll try to forget it to get over the anger.
I wanna get on with my life. I know that sounds dramatic, but we're not talking about the kind of money that I spend on a daily basis...

I wanna upvote, like, fave and share this so hard.

The only part I disagree is about leaving the crowdfunding scene. I've had more than my share of great fundings, like Halcyon 6, Orion Trail, Exploding Kittens, TerraTech, Basement, Timespinner, Children of Morta (the last trhee still both in dev) - but I'm never again forking US$350 (specially when it means almost R$1k at the time, more now) for goodies.

Carma:R was the first time I had the funds to do so, but will also be the last I crowdfund no matter if I can later. I don't mind giving up 10-15 bucks for a game that can just flop - but that kinda cash for promised awesome physical goodies... never again.

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Thu, 08/06/2017 - 09:12

Somehow you keep forgetting that money you've spend were primarely for the developement. While the frustration from not recieving the reward goods is still valid, dont make it sound like you have purchased bunch of t-shirts for 400$ and stainless did not deliver, while they delivered you one and a half game, basically ... I'm not saying the situation is ideal by any streach. but lets be reasonable over here...

For example. Eversince I've seen how challenging the KS rewards actually are for the staff of any company, I just dont want any physical rewards from any project out there that I since supported vie KS.

If anything this is good learning experience. Pick your projects and be prepared that they can fail, or the reward system can fail. If you are not prepared for that dont support projects with your money...

Edited by: CzechDeath on Thu, 08/06/2017 - 09:15

CitizenSwift's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 08/06/2017 - 10:38

I think a "Sorry guys, this ain't gonna happen." would go down better than the silence. It's sad that the backers that stumped up the most cash are the ones that got none of the rewards. Even the $100 backers got something.

Pages

randomness