You are here

HDR gone in last v0.2 update?

Glumok's picture
Fluffy Bunny
HDR gone in last v0.2 update?
#1 Submitted: Sat, 10/05/2014 - 18:57

First, double apologies if this has been discuted before (didn't find anything relevant on the forum), or if I'm simply wrong. I hate to create topic just to ask a single thing!

My question: is HDR gone with the last update?

Whatever how I set the visual effects, it seems I can't bring it back. So the sky seems to be always white. At first, I thought "ok, these British developers, they love their sky to be rainy and whitish", but then I remembered the sky used to be normal back in the previous v0.1.x release.

TL;DR: my sky is white, like this:

Edited by: Errol on 11/05/2014 - 15:39

Mr.Deviance's picture
Piledriver
Submitted: Sun, 11/05/2014 - 01:11

Why make this topic in the modding section if you have no mods to discuss, request, suggest or show off?
This topic should have been made in this section.
http://www.carmageddon.com/forums/carmageddon-reincarnation/general-discussion

Edited by: Mr.Deviance on Sun, 11/05/2014 - 01:13
Glumok's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sun, 11/05/2014 - 13:34

Mr.Deviance wrote:
Why make this topic in the modding section [...] This topic should have been made in this section.

Because it is a mistake, I guess. It was supposed to be in the general discussion section.
If a mod can delete this topic or move it in the right section, thanks!

Dodo Bizar's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 11/05/2014 - 14:51

I cannot make any firm assumptions on HDR, though from the looks of the Bleak City level and the exposure changes I see when camera changes from light to dark regions, I guess HDR is still in there.

What you see is actually a changed background. I had some old screenshots of the Countryslide level and compared them to now and there is simply a completely different sky with a lot of dark clouds near the horizon which simply were not there before. I guess one more soothing for typical British wheather... pretty much the sky right now in reality on the other side of the Northern Sea btw...

Glumok's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sun, 11/05/2014 - 15:51

Dodo Bizar wrote:
the exposure changes [...] when camera changes from light to dark regions

Yes, that's how it used to be for me, in any level (Countryslide, ...). But now I can't get it back. So, the HDR is still here, but I cannot find a way to activate it again. What visual settings do you use? I think it has something to do with post processing but whether or not I activate it, HDR seems to be inactive...

My (main) visual settings:
virtual textures: ON
post processing: ON
antialiasing: OFF
shadow quality: HIGH
image quality: VERY HIGH
ambient occlusion: ON
shadows: ON
multi threaded crushing: OFF

As I said, my v0.1.x game used to have HDR active, so I don't think it is related to my hardware and DirectX and stuff.
I've got some modded files, but only related to car textures, so I don't think it has any impact, but...

Edited by: Glumok on Sun, 11/05/2014 - 15:54

Dodo Bizar's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 11/05/2014 - 16:18

I usually run on ultra low, set detail to very high, put post-processing on, anti-alliasing on and virtual textures. Basically I have most things turned up, but the resolution and drawing distances are on their lowest. I fiddle around a lot with these settings, so I can never be 100% sure.

But anyhow the exposure thing was actually pretty obnoxious at one time, I guess it was in free camera mode somewhere. Turning it one direction gave a white washout and took a second to get to normal exposure again. I guess it was in chute thing after conveyer belt in Magnuchem... but not 100% sure. When I find a good spot again that shows HDR I get back.