You are here

The little things

Pages

Fuel's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
The little things
#1 Submitted: Wed, 07/05/2014 - 19:37

Just a topic about the little known, smaller details you may have noticed in C:R so far that are neat/made you laugh/made you appreciate the game more.

So after the latest update with stella, vlad, the city etc. I noticed a couple of things. I've only played the oil rig wreck level so far but there's loooots more texturing done to it now and some of the ice effects are brilliant.
The cops wrecked me and the announcer/nobby said "Police Brutality!" which made me laugh.
Also noticed that the full screen map now has a border to it which is nice.
The PIS graphic in the corner looks a bit different too.

That's it so far. What little details have you guys noticed?

CoffeyCup's picture
Piledriver
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 07/05/2014 - 19:43

I saw this topic and thought you noticed my fly was down.

Fuel's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 07/05/2014 - 19:44

Well.. now you mention it..

Doctor Fraggington's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Wed, 07/05/2014 - 20:22

Peds turn to look back at you when you chase them.

Sometimes you're not actually chasing them or even behind them, so it looks funny, but it's a nice detail.

DoktorMandrake's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Wed, 07/05/2014 - 22:35

Being able to 'Add event' on the main menu, so when you finish once race, it'll take you onto the select car bit and you can jump straight onto the next map

Also things like on frosty pass the fat women wear coats now, or maybe they always wore coats? I'm not sure :P frosty pass looks so god damn pretty now as well

all the little things that pop up out of the ground on Bleak City

Edited by: DoktorMandrake on Wed, 07/05/2014 - 22:36
Rippthrough's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Wed, 07/05/2014 - 22:53

The brake discs go around when the wheel is knocked off now.

Lollybomb's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 07/05/2014 - 23:38

Vlad's real name is apparently Fred. Actually I think that's a bug since it only appears when you waste him. Would be amusing. "A Viking warrior from another time. Or that's what he thinks at least. Fred is really just an ex-accountant for MagNuChem's little known knife division. Lost it one day and stole a car from the local drag strip."

CU:NT can apparently take a bit more abuse, and dish out quite a bit more. Either that or the Electric Blue is more fragile than I thought.

I like the progress bar nature of the traffic lights in Bleak City. Also the pop-up barricades.

I have the solid granite car powerup. Your argument is both invalid, and about to be flattened.

Deamon's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 08/05/2014 - 01:54

Wrecked opponents are represented by a skull and bones icon on the mini map. There's a ped with weird big boobs in Bleak City, and the pitbull dog is definitely male ... Also there are no more percentages of how much the cars/maps are finished?

Carmageddon UNlimited Team For all your wrecking needs!
"All prey keep left. Fellow raptors keep up."
TDR2000 MAX-Pack A community add-on pack.

jwb1971's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Thu, 08/05/2014 - 02:56

Not really a "little" detail but I love that pinball mode has returned to it's former glory!!

I think I saw a ped trying to milk a cow on Countryslide.

That's about all I can recall at the moment.

DrZed's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Submitted: Thu, 08/05/2014 - 10:40

Fuel wrote:
The cops wrecked me and the announcer/nobby said "Police Brutality!" which made me laugh.

I always heard it as something like "Race through time!" or "Desperate times!", which seemed kinda weird to me.
Also, announcer's "Epic Fail!" line when you're wrecked is PRICELESS.

Kinda makes me hope that they'd make a separate line for kinds of being wrecked, like that "Epic Fail!" comes when wasted by CU:NT or similar (or driving too fast into pop-up barricade), and when wasted by something bigger (i.e. DD's Plow) something like "Shhhh! It happens!"

skyNET's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Competition Winner
Submitted: Thu, 08/05/2014 - 11:31

DrZed wrote:
Kinda makes me hope that they'd make a separate line for kinds of being wrecked, like that "Epic Fail!" comes when wasted by CU:NT or similar (or driving too fast into pop-up barricade), and when wasted by something bigger (i.e. DD's Plow) something like "Shhhh! It happens!"

I second that idea there. The little things. Nobby should do more lines :)

Edited by: skyNET on Thu, 08/05/2014 - 11:31

Pages

randomness