You are here

Hosting

Pages

RPGWiZaRD's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 18/05/2014 - 16:17

I'm using Mediafire since a while to share free releases of music tracks I upload to youtube, no probs and great bandwidth! :p I never noticed it had ads since I use AdBlock anyway.

CPU: Intel i5-4670K @ 4.4GHz
RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2x8GB (16GB) DDR3-1866 CL9
GPU: Gigabyte Windforce3X GTX 760 (rev2.0) 2GB @ 1186/3200 MHz
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB
OS.: Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1

Errol's picture
Piledriver
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModerator
Submitted: Sun, 18/05/2014 - 16:53

Why not just get some personal hosting? It's inexpensive and infinitely more professional.
It just looks ugly and shoddy as far as I'm concerned. Perhaps I'm just not in their target demographic.

:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
Making C:R mods happen since '14!

TheCoach's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Sun, 18/05/2014 - 22:19

If you need to use a hosting site then at least go for mega. It's hard to find a faster host with less nags than that.

matt's picture
Piledriver
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModerator
Submitted: Thu, 11/09/2014 - 19:43

TheCoach wrote:
If you need to use a hosting site then at least go for mega. It's hard to find a faster host with less nags than that.

.....or... take up one of the many offers for inter-community hosting we're making here and don't deal with any ad shit at all? Wild and whacky idea I know, but some of us just like to be helpful :)

MemoryKill's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 19/02/2015 - 12:12

Haven't seen this updated in a while so thought i'd make a suggestion:

http://www.nexusmods.com/carmageddonreincarnation/?

C:R Nexus site. Used it for years since morrowind and have had very little, if any, issues with it at all. An excellent hub with a solid community and these days, much better servers than ever to host mods on. Thought it would be worth a mention so putting it here :).

Pages

randomness